Mitch Hedberg Dead At 37

Posted by lameboy

[URL=http://news.google.com/news?q=mitch+hedberg+dead&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=nn&oi=newsr]Take your pick[/URL]

It hurts to read that, doesn't it? Mitch Hedberg was/is my favorite comedian and a hero of mine. I know he has a lot of fans on this site, which is why I post this. I just wish it wasn't true.

Mitch was a master of the one-liner. You could pick him out in a crowd of comedians just by his big sunglasses and long hair. Part of his act was making everyone think he was stoned. Chances are, with a few more years, he would have become the next big comic sensation. If only he had the chance to go on; he could have made it past cult status and broken into the mainstream.

I will miss him.

"I had an ant farm, them fellas didn't grow ****!" - Mitch Hedberg

Posted by 007 ninja

All I can say is:

<3.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Mitch Hedberg was the greatest influence on my life, so far (excluding my parents). After seeing Hedberg's standup, I wanted to do it, myself. I've been writing bits here and there, ever since then, and I hope I can get my first tour in a few years and dedicate to Mitch.

Posted by Anethemo Rex

wtf who is he? was he in movies and stuff? anything i might know?

Posted by Iris

I'm assuming the heart attack was brought on by drugs...

Either way, g'bye.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Anethemo Rex: wtf who is he? was he in movies and stuff? anything i might know?

He was a comedian, and from what I had heard, a really good one at that. Even though I wasn't too familiar with him before, I can still respect the man's death. I suppose that no one knows the actual cause of his death, still?

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

Quoting lameboy: [URL=http://news.google.com/news?q=mitch+hedberg+dead&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=nn&oi=newsr]Take your pick[/URL]

It hurts to read that, doesn't it? Mitch Hedberg was/is my favorite comedian and a hero of mine. I know he has a lot of fans on this site, which is why I post this. I just wish it wasn't true.

Mitch was a master of the one-liner. You could pick him out in a crowd of comedians just by his big sunglasses and long hair. Part of his act was making everyone think he was stoned. Chances are, with a few more years, he would have become the next big comic sensation. If only he had the chance to go on; he could have made it past cult status and broken into the mainstream.

I will miss him.

"I had an ant farm, them fellas didn't grow ****!" - Mitch Hedberg

Wait... He wasn't stoned while performing?....

Anyway, I agree with you. He will be missed.

Posted by G-Sides

Quoting Anethemo Rex: wtf who is he? was he in movies and stuff? anything i might know?

He was on That 70's Show a few times as 'Frank', who worked the counter at some restaurant. He was also on Home Movies twice; once as a fourth grade version of himself and then again as a black Rastafarian preacher when Brandon lost the neighbor's cat.

Posted by eriksson22

I was so sad when I heard he had died. He was never going to be an actor or have a sitcom, but when it came to stand up comedy, he was one of the best.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

he was also on "crank yankers" and made a movie called "los enchiladas", which featured himself, dave attell, and todd barry, among others.

btw, lameboy, it wasn't part of his act to make people think he was stoned. he was almost always drunk while performing and it was pretty well known that he was addicted to heroin. the way mitch talked on stage was how he talked off stage.

he will be missed.