rumors

Posted by ZOSO

I hear rumor that theres going to be a new Kid Icarus game for the WII, does anyone know this to be true?

Posted by Dexter

It hasn't been officially announced, but with the popularity of the rumor, it isn't difficult to imagine this coming true. People start talking about it, interests grow, then there's money to be made.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

After seeing Nights get remade... no thanks.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, cause it'll have just as bad graphics :rolleyes:

My only worry is that it becomes less of a hardcore title and more of a casual endeavour.

Posted by Linko_16

It's been a plenty long time since his 8-Bit days. There would be a lot of room for imagination if they were going to make another game, so it could be either really great or just blah depending on where they would go with things.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I bet Nintendo is waiting to see how much interest Pit generates in Brawl before making the commitment to producing another Kidicarus game. If after the release of Brawl a lot of people download Kidicarus then Nintendo will have their answer.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Yeah, cause it'll have just as bad graphics

That's the least of its worries. Though it's kinda funny to see a title that was known as one of the best looking titles of its time... and ten years later it looks incrementally better than original. I'd bet a thousand dollars on it being less than good.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Here's a thought though, In terms of Gameplay the Kidicarus model followed the NES Metroid game in a lot of ways. Interestingly, Metroid producers have turned their focus more and more on 3D gameplay, leaving all the platform lovers without a Metroid game for quite a while. If the Metroid series continues its 3D only games, a platform based Kidicarus game would then become quite marketable, cashing in on all our platforming needs.

I do agree with Vamp to some extent that a new Kidicarus game doesn't mean instant best seller. The people who created the first Kidicarus are long gone, and people who have actually played and enjoyed the original Kidicarus only liked that particular gameplay back in the day when there was no other choices. Between Metroid and Kidicarus, Metroid gets my vote. To avoid that compation, either Metroid has to stop producing platformers, or they have to reinvent Kidicarus (What Ant is afraid of), both of which could make a new Kidicarus game really suck or just not as good as Metroid. There's still a small chance that a reinvented Kidicarus could be revolutionary, but that's not easy and rarely happens.