Hey.

Posted by Sayuri

Hi. I'm new here, so I thought I should come here and make an intro. So here I am. I loved the book Memoirs of a Geisha so that's my explination for my username. I come from Nebraska, which isn't all too bad. And that's about all I can think to say.

Posted by Xero

I didn't see that movie. Didn't interest me. Although Ziyi Zhang is a great actrice. :)

Welcome to VGC. I hope you stick around. Have fun :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Just got a sense of deja vu.

Posted by xuclo

I dunno if you know this, but "Sayuri" means Lily.

New infoz every day! Welcome

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;767138]Just got a sense of deja vu.

Holy ****, that's weird. When I opened this, I thought someone had bumped a really old introduction thread. I'M FREAKIN OUT MAAAAAAAN

Because you remember someone obsessed with that movie and having the same avatar, or...?

Posted by CrystalPain

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Because you remember someone obsessed with that movie and having the same avatar, or...?

it the effect of the brain slowing down for half a second!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;767210]Because you remember someone obsessed with that movie and having the same avatar, or...?
Something like that. I just felt I'd seen this thread a long time ago.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Sayuri: Hi. I'm new here, so I thought I should come here and make an intro. So here I am. I loved the book Memoirs of a Geisha so that's my explination for my username. I come from Nebraska, which isn't all too bad. And that's about all I can think to say.

GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Posted by WillisGreeny

Just what we need, another Midwestern.

Welcome.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

I agree, Nebraska isn't bad at all.
Welcome to VGC hope you have fun, post a lot, etc, etc.

Posted by Sayuri

Thanks guys. I haven't seen the movie yet, but the book was great. And no, I didn't know that Sayuri means Lily. That's kinda cool. :D

Posted by xuclo

The movie is slightly less dramatic than the book. Hatsu doesn't go around biting homosexuals. It's ok if you like the book and don't mind people trying really hard to be Japanese. (Which is what it seems like, even for the Japanese people.)

Posted by Sayuri

I'm actually of German decent, but I'm fascinated by Japan. I don't really know why. It's kind of hard to explain.

You wouldn't be the first.

Posted by Sayuri

Probably not. There's a lot of people interested in Japan.

Posted by xuclo

Just don't tell me you're "learning" Japanese. Please.

Posted by Sayuri

I'm not. But I kind of want to. But I don't have the materials, so I'm not going to. I just want to go to Japan on a vacation. :D

Posted by xuclo

Most people couldn't get anywhere trying to study Japanese by themselves. Oooh I'm learning Japanese! Wakarimasu yooo! LOL!

Just don't ****ing do it unless you're taking a class or are a linguist.

Even then it works for ****. Full immersion or bust.

Posted by xuclo

Lol yeah. It's a level 3 language (out of 3 levels, 3 being h4rd) and people still think they can handle it by themselves.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Sayuri: Hi. I'm new here, so I thought I should come here and make an intro. So here I am. I loved the book Memoirs of a Geisha so that's my explination for my username. I come from Nebraska, which isn't all too bad. And that's about all I can think to say.

http://vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=770540&postcount=879

etc

Welcome to VGC

Posted by Xero

Jesus Christ. They know we always IP check. What's so hard about proxys? =/

Posted by Omni

What's so hard about leaving when you get banned?

Posted by xuclo

Quoting Sucre: Jesus Christ. They know we always IP check. What's so hard about proxys? =/

What a hassle!

I remember we used to use Turkish proxies at school. Haha

Posted by Xero

Quoting Queen: What's so hard about leaving when you get banned?

I couldn't stay away for long when I got banned ;)

Posted by xuclo

:o you were b&?

Posted by Xero

Yeah when I started here as Flame Ghost in January 2005.

I argued about something related to reputation and obviously sucked at arguing. I did like Ridley. I started insulting people until I got banned.

Jesse considered me as the king of the n00bies back then so he kept unbanning me, but I left anyways for a few months and came back. Didn't get banned ever since :D

Posted by xuclo

I think I'm going to get banned. This is the first place I've ever gotten infractions, and I've already managed to get two of them. lol

Posted by Xero

You got infraction points? Hmm. Be careful. That's the best I can tell you.

Posted by xuclo

I don't know how to be careful. If I get b&...I still have W.U., which is the main place I post anyway.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

ANT, QUICKLY, IMPRESS THEM WITH YOUR MOON LANGUAGE BEFORE I HAVE TO

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting xuclo: Most people couldn't get anywhere trying to study Japanese by themselves. Oooh I'm learning Japanese! Wakarimasu yooo! LOL!

Just don't ****ing do it unless you're taking a class or are a linguist.

hey Xuclo, I'm learning Japanese! :D

It's much more difficult to learn a language on your own than taking a class, but it's not impossible. As long as you can find someone to talk to and practise with, it's possible. And studying on your own before entering a Japanese class doesn't hurt at all.

Not everyone who studies Japanese is a fag for anime, manga, and kingdom hearts.

Posted by Sayuri

Haha. Proxy sites don't work on crappy school computers. :(

Posted by xuclo

Quoting WillisGreeny: hey Xuclo, I'm learning Japanese! :D

It's much more difficult to learn a language on your own than taking a class, but it's not impossible. As long as you can find someone to talk to and practise with, it's possible. And studying on your own before entering a Japanese class doesn't hurt at all.

Not everyone who studies Japanese is a fag for anime, manga, and kingdom hearts.

It's not always more difficult that way, especially if you've studied languages before. I learned more Romanian on my own in 6 months than I did German in my whole German I class. There's no way I would have been able to converse with a German after that than what I can do now with Romanians.

But anyway, my major point was that Japanese is a level 3 language:

Category I: Languages closely related to English
Category II: Languages with significant linguistic and/or cultural differences from English
Category III: Languages which are exceptionally difficult for native English speakers

Obviously that's not going to be the same for everyone, but you know. It just frustrates me :D

Quoted post: I think I'm going to get banned. This is the first place I've ever gotten infractions, and I've already managed to get two of them. lol

Pretty sure you got two infractions from Jesse for getting passed the censors. So they don't really mean anything, since the only time those are given out is to just give an infraction for no raisin.

Oh, your other was just a warning for insulting someone. no big deal. Hell, I have five infractions.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I only got 1 infraction so far.

Hoping to keep it that way.

Posted by xuclo

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Oh, your other was just a warning for insulting someone.

That one still kills me. lol

"I don't enjoy your writing"

"Omg take that back :("

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Yeah, that's a pretty lame reason to infract somebody.

It's just cause you're new. After awhile you can say whatever you want and it's all good.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Think of it like a frat hazing or something.

Or not.

Posted by Xero

Where can you see the amount of infractions you have?

Posted by S

Under your own profile, and I believe UserCP. That may be for Mods only though?

EDIT: You have none; not even an old warning.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I have two!

Posted by Xero

[QUOTE=S

Posted by xuclo

I was surprised at how fast I got my two. After ever having had an infraction anywhere before :D lol

WELCOME TO VGC!

Posted by Slade

I've only got one. Got it the day the mutha fukken system was made. :cool:

Posted by xuclo

Lmao, Slade got mad skilz. :D

Posted by Kit

No infractions, never been banned. I'm a good boy!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

One of mine was a joke one by Ant, and the other was one from Solrok for spamming. But he deleted the thread in question, so I'm not sure what I posted.

Posted by xuclo

I told a guy I didn't like his writing, and when he asked (to the general public) what he could do to make it more interesting, I said he should just find something he's better at.

Somebody didn't like that. lol

Posted by Xero

Somebody doesn't newbies to have the freedom of speech.

Posted by xuclo

omg make them stop oppressing me. :(

lol

Posted by Xero

Why can't you do it yourself? Be strong ;)

Posted by xuclo

Because I r a weak newB. No has powerz. lol

Posted by Xero

Have confidence in yourself you spineless newb.

Posted by xuclo

Lol I'm going to refrain from saying something particularly naughteh. :D

Posted by Xero

Do what you want. As long as you don't end up like Ridley ;)

Posted by xuclo

Naughty, but not argumentative. lol

Posted by CrystalPain

What happened to Ridley

Posted by Xero

He came back yesterday.

Don't know if he's REALLY back though.

Posted by CrystalPain

Quoting Sucre: He came back yesterday.

Don't know if he's REALLY back though.

I wonder if you thought the same for me when i said i was coming back to vgc

Posted by Xero

Everytime someone sais he or she's back, I always think he/she won't stay. Can't help it.