REMEMBER WHEN?

Posted by Skitzo Control

I was looking through my Photobucket account, and I saw some pictures that made me reminisce of older days on VGC.
---
The "With You, Always" Thread...
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/SkitzoControl/Jesus5.jpg[/IMG]
Ah... I miss it.:(
---
Does anybody have any classic stuff they miss, as well?

Posted by Trigger

The Hammer.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Being new and the forum interesting
Scooter
Untamed Inspiration
Jack Patterson (think that's the name)
FoppyD
Bradimus
Modding the music board (kinda)
When everyone was overly cynical and mean
The epic battle for Angelwing
The cd exchange thread

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Shin-Ra:
When everyone was overly cynical and mean

lol whut

Posted by mis0

When everyone would join in on a huge, stupid, and lengthy AIM chat. Good times.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Shin-Ra:
The epic battle for Angelwing

Aw man, those were the days.

Posted by Ch

Hannibal King? More like fagmaster.

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Shin-Ra:
Being new and the forum interesting

Untamed Inspiration

Amen. I miss when this place was fun. Sometimes I hate coming back here because it reminds me of how old I am, and how much I've grown up. It's hard to believe I was in single digits in age when I was here back in the day. :(

Posted by Xenos

When we had romantic dramas on here
Idiot Brigade
When this felt like a community
When there are a lot of other people here
Untamed Inspiration
Flame Board (not the wacko version)
The lulz

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Sabredog's drunk rampage

... Yeah, that's all I got. Seriously though, people are viewing the past through rose-tinted nostalgia glasses.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Remember when these threads wouldn't come up every month?

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting The Judge: lol wut?

It was before you posted a thread about changing your name because you demanded some food. Way before that. Well before Raptor and Dexter were nice people. The forum was way more fun then, but The X is right, it's probably a nostalgiac bias.

Posted by Slade

[QUOTE=Shin-Ra;766916]Jack Patterson (think that's the name)

I wasn't here long enough for most of this "old" stuff, but man, Jack Pattinson* ruled hard.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;767079]Remember when these threads wouldn't come up every month?
Those recent threads are more about complaining about current-VGC than remembering the good ol' days. I still enjoy this place. I wouldn't keep coming here if I didn't. I'm having good times now, but that doesn't mean I can't also remember the good times back then.:p

Oh my! How about classic member avatars? Soul Calibur and Homestar Runner? G-Sides and Bender? And, although new at the time, Junior Senior and Junior Senior?

Xenos, how many different name changes did you go through? For that matter, how many different name changes did Admiral Anthrax/MetalFortress/etc. go through?

Quoted post: Those recent threads are more about complaining about current-VGC than remembering the good ol' days.

Oh man, really? Whoosh on me lolol

yeah, no kidding. Point is, the past sucked just as hard. The X had it right.

Posted by Linko_16

Anyone remember Capcom vs. SNK month?

... Yeah, I didn't think so.

Posted by Ant

remember when linko was normal!?

Posted by Iris

I don't think it's completely biased. VGC WAS much more active in the past and people were a lot more different. It was more fun to get into heated arguments, which were quickly flooded with posts, and the members didn't seem as clique-y. I do prefer VGC back then. It's not completely stellar compared to current VGC, but there are plenty of aspects I miss.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Ant: remember when linko was normal!?

No.

Posted by Ant

or pretended to be anyways. and acted like a cutsey fag. how you've changed...FOR THE BETTAR

Posted by Linko_16

I was normal when I was a kid. The change started as I grew up and I either tried to ignore it or didn't notice and continued acting the same... I can't really remember.

You changed, man... you've changed...

Posted by Dexter

His inner demons are trying to break out and they are gradually succeeding!

Posted by Linko_16

Half you guys never knew the real old me. Maybe the grown-up-but-faking-it me at best.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

me

Posted by Linko_16

Lol, I remember when you modded like twenty boards.

***LOCKED***

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Linko_16: Half you guys never knew the real old me. Maybe the grown-up-but-faking-it me at best.

Your sister told me everything. We had no secrets! :p:

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Dexter: Your sister told me everything. We had no secrets! :p:

That'd have to be the third-worst source of information about what I'm actually like. Second-worst being my twin bro and first-worst being my parents.

Posted by Linkman

VGC has been flat-lining lately.
[IMG]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g175/majoracle/vgchatstats.png[/IMG]
Jesse sucks at SEO :(

Anyway, yeah, no doubt VGC was at it's peak in 2002-2004, as far as activity goes anyway. I can safely say 2003 was probably the most interesting year I can remember from being part this place. Not really much nostalgia though.

Posted by Linko_16

AH HA HA THE NAME "SORA PLETHORA" STILL STICKS, AWESOME.

Anyway, I dunno that activity necessarily = good times for VGC.

Posted by Linko_16

I just dug up some of those "With You, Always..." pics that I did.

Lol, he even looks like he might be saying those things in each of these pics.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I remember the "Dexter is a girl" fiasco, When Raptor and that one creepy guy had that thread about furries when the aforementioned creepy guy came out about being a furry, ummmm. . . Amy Rose. . . The Judge and his cinnamon toast crunch, the old AFI arguments in music board, etc etc

Posted by Linkman

I just remembered something. I didn't think I still had this image. I made it during weird "love triangle" thing involving Sean Fury and Sable Wind (long time ago, 2003 I think). He was also commonly referred to as Waldo at the time. Anyway, I posted this. Got a few lols:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g175/majoracle/Nostalgia/sean_wheres_waldo.gif

1337 PHOTOSHOP SKILLZ!

Posted by Linko_16

Ha, nice. I remember that.