Jack-O-Lanterns

Posted by Linko_16

I thought I'd get a thread started off a week early since I just found some old pictures I thought I'd lost forever.

Here's my Jack-O-Lantern from back in 2003, when I tried to be Samus. My mom's creative liberties on my costume ideas completely ruined it, but at least the Jack-O-Lantern was bada[color=indigo]s
s that year.[/color]

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Hooray For Cthulhu!

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/Gir_Gone_Krazy/bainbridge_pumpkin.gif[/IMG]

Posted by NES Queen

This was my pumpkin last year. I haven't bothered to cut up the one my parents got for me this year.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecoli742/Picture2.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Linko_16

Huh, I've got to hurry up and get a pumpkin this year.

Posted by Xero

I like your lantern, Linko. Must have taken you quite a while to do it. Thank *** you didn't screw up.

My family won't by any pumpkins this year. The squirrels eat them all before Halloween comes around so they don't want to waste more money on one even though the real fun is about designing a face or something else on it =/ We could just put in behind a window, but they had another excuse for not doing that too.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Sucre: I like your lantern, Linko. Must have taken you quite a while to do it. Thank *** you didn't screw up.

It wasn't so hard. I did the trick where you draw your shape on a piece of paper first (in my case I printed out a blown-up sprite of Ridley from SM), hold that paper up against the pumpkin, use a pin to punch holes all along the edges of the shape, then cut it out by following the holes you just made in the pumpkin.

You only get one Jack-O-Lantern a year... it's no good if you mess it up because you made a mistake while carving!

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

You guys are way more rad than me, I unfortunately ended up just staying home working on an essay that's due in a few hours.

...aaaand I should probably be finishing that soon...

excellent pumpkins though!

Posted by Linko_16

It occured to me the day of Halloween that with all the planning for my costume and my party, I never got a pumpkin. Too bad.