california wildfires

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

don't we have a few people in San Diego? Freddy and some others? You
d00dz alright?

Posted by Xero

I know for sure that Corrupt is awwwight and seeing as Ant was posting this morning, I think he's fine too.

Lucky d00dz :)

Posted by Ant

corrupt is far away from the fire location down there. as am I...NOT THAT YOU CARED

Posted by The Judge

Yeah, I'm safe. Thanks for caring.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

One can only hope the winds pick up and carry the fire closer.

Posted by Slade

simi valley? more like soon-to-be charred piles of nothing. well, there will always be ~memories~

Posted by s0ul

My dad's from San Diego and is a firefighter. So I'm basically dead.

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, I called Freddy up about an hour ago and he says that his town (Vista) was one of the only places in North County that didn't get evacuated, and it doesn't look like they're in any danger either. Which certainly is good!

And as for me, well, I'm fortunate enough to be located a few blocks from the ocean, and most of us coast-dwellers know that the chance of the fire reaching down this far south and this far west are slim to none. The only drawbacks for us are that the air quality is terrible and the unusually warm weather that's contributed to this whole mess is still lingering! Other than that, we're fine. I could really go for an air purifier right about now, though.

[quote=s0ul]My dad's from San Diego and is a firefighter. So I'm basically dead.

Oh fuck, I forgot about that. I'm gonna have to check the status of El Cajon. I hope your dad's going to be okay. :/

Posted by Dexter

My sister, Fairy, sent me a cell image of her car covered with ash yesterday. I'd like to be in on that action.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, who doesn't want to be a hero. Or dead.

Posted by Dexter

I like fires. All the smoke in the air, ash falling, and the intense heat combined makes for a fantastic experience. When I become a lone wolf again, I'll be able to split whenever I like to such occasions and snap some interesting photos. I'd sneak through the backwoods, dodging firemen and women, as I make my way to the 'disaster' area for some fursonal enjoyment.

Corrupt, if you like kids, then we should definitely trade for awhile. At least until the fire's out.

Posted by Corrupt

[quote=Dexter]kids

Damn it, nope... that means I'm out!

And really, the only thing that I do find interesting about these fires is the atmosphere it creates. I remember back in 2003, there was a thick cloud of ash that drifted downwind to Ocean Beach, and was tinged yellow by the sun. I have this vivid memory of standing in a grocery store parking lot, completely empty save for me, with yellow dust swirling everywhere. The only sound you could hear was the wind, too, which made it even more surreal. We've had nothing of the sort this year, but it's still been quite a different environment than what we're used to. I'd like for it to be over, though; for my sake and everyone else's.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Corrupt: Damn it, nope... that means I'm out!

And really, the only thing that I do find interesting about these fires is the atmosphere it creates. I remember back in 2003, there was a thick cloud of ash that drifted downwind to Ocean Beach, and was tinged yellow by the sun. I have this vivid memory of standing in a grocery store parking lot, completely empty save for me, with yellow dust swirling everywhere. The only sound you could hear was the wind, too, which made it even more surreal. We've had nothing of the sort this year, but it's still been quite a different environment than what we're used to. I'd like for it to be over, though; for my sake and everyone else's.

I wish I could rep you so I didn't have to make dumb posts that just say "that sounds crazy badass."

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

yeah dex, when it comes to your sister, I wanna be in on that action.

Posted by Ant

BJ! I'M FINE! YOU CAN STOP ASKING ABOUT IT OKAY