(WiFi)n00bs **** me off

Posted by ArchAngel4434

AAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!

Every time i play a game of metroid hunters on WiFi, the ppl im playing quit because they're losing, which forces the game to stop because "The host has disconected from the server" or "there aren't enough players to continue". Why can't you just play the battle through, then abandon the game before the next battle starts?!? This costs me ranking points and it angers me. ppl who quit in the middle of the game are n00bs!!! The same thing happens in the Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. n00bs quit in the middle of the match because they're losing. Just lose the game and dont play the person again. its not hard. be a good sport instead of a n00b so less ppl hate you!

p.s. quiting in the middle of the game because your parents yelled at you to stop playing, or you have to go somewhere, or any other reason that relates to your social life are perfectly good excuses for quitting the game. they do not make you a n00b.

Dont hate me for my opinions plz.

Posted by Linko_16

I don't play over WiFi much, but it's happened to me before with Mario Kart and it is pretty irritating.

Posted by Zeta

The disconnection problem will never be solved, not even if they take away stats and rankings and ****. A lot of people taking winning too seriously.

... Should be some banning penalty or something.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Or they should just keep track of how often a player gets disconnected from an unfinished round/game.

If someone's record shows 59: W 0: L 299: DIS CON, then there's a strong possability that player is a cut-and-runner. Only being able to see Wins and Loses doesn't give much accuracy to judging a player's skill when they're cheating the system. Doing this will also create a ban that is performed by the players instead of a script. Players seeing a DIS CONNECTED record that's really high will choose to play with someone else, preventing cut-and-runners from even playing multi.

Posted by Zeta

They tried to show you how much a person disconnects in PH, but by the time you were paired up with the person it's too late; the only way to leave is to disconnect yourself.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Worked successfuly in StarCraft. Obviously they need to allow a rdy, or accept option before starting a game.

Posted by Speedfreak

Welcome to internet gaming, it's full of pricks.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

What really sucks, is when they're losing, they start blaring loud music into the microphone without warning. Ouch.

Posted by ArchAngel4434

Quoting Kendra, Warrior Babe: What really sucks, is when they're losing, they start blaring loud music into the microphone without warning. Ouch.

what game allows mid-game communication?

Posted by Phantom75230

Quoting ArchAngel4434: Why can't you just play the battle through, then abandon the game before the next battle starts?!?

Its because of their n00biness that makes them run in the middle of the game so THEY don't lose ranking points because THEY can't suck it up and get better like everyone else. so then they buy an action replay becuase they cant beat anyone while the rest of us only get an AR to **** off the n00bs.

Posted by Kit

Same thing happens on Infected, I played that a bit when I first got it and couldn't infect anybody because of it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: The disconnection problem will never be solved, not even if they take away stats and rankings and ****. A lot of people taking winning too seriously.

Taking away points and giving you a lose for disconnecting usually does fix it. If someone still quits, chances are they lagged out. Most console games do this and it works pretty decently. People are still going to quit though if there's no chance of winning, because well, no one wants to play when they're getting crushed.

Easy way to fix this, stop playing a Metroid Hunters. It sucks.

Posted by Shade

I only read far enough to know that you play Hunters online, and here is my advise.

Don't. **** sucks.

Posted by Colonel

This always happens to me when I play Strikers Charged for the Wii. I guess people can't handle my BOWSER JR. hard hitting combos.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting WillisGreeny: It was YOUUU!!!.

What`chu talkin` `bout Willis

Posted by protomanv4

Wow, I never knew that , it's cuz I don't play on wi-fi a lot. lol when I play pokemon, with my cousin, I usuallly lose, but idc, it's just going to happen, so those noobs got to suck it up, and just lose.

Posted by Ridley_04

I hunt people down and castrate them if they quit Wifi.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Ridley_04: I hunt people down and castrate them if they quit Wifi.

ooooo tough guy.

Posted by talentz

Your always goona get this in wifi people are always gonna be noobs

Posted by Luigi61289

yep. but i found the most annoying thing in worms open warefare 2 they won the first round and so then the next round went the other person must have been confident and then i took out 3 of their worms i went in fot the kill and the bloody quit on me