So Dumbledor is gay...

Posted by Xero

http://www.newsweek.com/id/50787

I was surprised when I heard about that. I didn't spot any hints along the 6 first books. Some of my friends said that this revelation will be good for gay rights in America. It'd be funny if it was the case.

But I think it was clever of Ms. Rowlings to do that because now the young generation who got attached to Dumbledor might not consider gays as something negative anymore. That's how I see it.

Posted by Omni

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=26920

Quoting Omni: Hmmm, an old man who plays with magic and wears fancy robes turns out to be gay? I'm shocked, to say the least...

Yeah, I guess it might help impressionable youths to have one of their favorite characters from a popular series of books turn out to be gay. The Christians who hate Harry Potter are going to have a fit.

Posted by Xero

Aw sorry. I rarely check the literature board.

Can a super moderator merge this thread to the other one, please?

Posted by xuclo

"I would have told you earlier if I knew it would make you so happy."

Hahaha. Nice. That's pretty cool. I need to tell my sister this.

It would've been nice if Harry was gay. That would've made me giggle.

Posted by Xero

Snape being gay would've been even more hilarious in my opinion.

Posted by Linko_16

Most Harry Potter fans I know wish that every character was gay. And sexually attracted to one another even though they hate each others' guts.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Linko_16: Most Harry Potter fans I know wish that every character was gay. And sexually attracted to one another even though they hate each others' guts.

Are you ****ing serious? 0_0

Posted by Shade

Don't say you haven't thought of it.

I picture wild Ginny/Cho strapon sex all the time.

Posted by Xero

No. Sex is not something I start thinking about when I read Harry Potter. *shrugs*

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Sucre: Are you ****ing serious? 0_0

Stay the **** away from Harry Potter fan fiction. Don't go near it, don't even think about it.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Fan fiction is gay.

Posted by Draxamus

Quoting Sucre: Are you ****ing serious? 0_0

I know for a fact that Netman wrote some Harry on Draco erotica.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Linko_16: Stay the **** away from Harry Potter fan fiction. Don't go near it, don't even think about it.

I wasn't planning on getting near any fan fiction anytime soon, but thanx for the advice.

Posted by Linko_16

Posted by Xero

Oh man. I lol'd hard at this one! XD

Posted by Sayuri

I heard about that. It's probably just to sell more books and stuff. :(

Posted by Skitzo Control

Clever sells ploy, or the downfall of an empire? YOU DECIDE!
===
Obviously, Hogwarts institutes the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy.:)

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Sayuri: I heard about that. It's probably just to sell more books and stuff. :(

Doubtful. It was an answer to a spontaneous question.

Posted by Xero

Yeah she would've said it a long time ago if it was to sell more.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I don't see how that would make the series sell more, anyhow. Plus it's doing pretty alright as it is.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Angelwing: Plus it's doing pretty alright as it is.

I love that understatement :D

Posted by Xenos

fencing with their wands p-power

Posted by Heatblast

Frankly, I am not putting any thought into what Rowling said. If Dumbledore was supposed to be gay, it would have been stated in the books. I also do not see what point there is to him being gay. It is just a way to boost her publicity. As far as I am concerned, Dumbledore is not gay.

Posted by Linko_16

Homophobe much?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Heatblast: If Dumbledore was supposed to be gay, it would have been stated in the books.

She did say she gave little hints about his orientation in the books.

Posted by protomanv4

lol I saw something silmar to that on SNL lol

Posted by s0ul

I guess if you've got to generate buzz after the end of your life's only work, homosexuality's a good way. Next week, Harry Potter was actually supposed to be a black woman.

Posted by Trigger

Quoting Sucre: She did say she gave little hints about his orientation in the books.

He wears robes.

Posted by 5am

I think its just another thing for Evangelical extremists to poke at in a harmless fantasy book.

-5am

Posted by Linko_16

HARRY POTTER: HOW MANY WAYS CAN IT VIOLATE JESUS'S TEACHINGS? MORE AT 11.

Posted by Xero

Haha lol.

THE BOOKS MENTION BLACK MAGIC! THAT'S SATANIC!

:p:

Posted by Ridley_04

You could probably go through the books and find hundreds of reasons why Christians could hate these books.

Have you ever noticed, for people who are always so happy about bringing good to the world, Christians are really hateful?

Posted by Xero

No I never noticed.

Those who are extremists will probably be hateful in one way or another. But don't generalize.

Posted by Ridley_04

O.o. I'm not generalizing. I know some very nice christians. But as a whole, christians are mostly hateful.

Posted by WillisGreeny

The problem isn't that they're hateful, since they'll argue they're just trying to save your soul. Some Christians are mostly intolerant/arrogant people thinking always about the pie in the sky, turning everything bad happening to them as a result of someone's (usually someone elses) sins.

Posted by Ridley_04

Yeah. Agreed. They blame their problems on everyone else but themselves. It makes me mad being an Athiest in a largely Christian community. I have to listen to everyone blaming me for bad things that happen. And yes, I have been blamed because I don't believe in ***.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Ridley_04: O.o. I'm not generalizing. I know some very nice christians. But as a whole, christians are mostly hateful.

Quoting WillisGreeny: Some Christians are mostly intolerant/arrogant.

That's pretty much what I was going to say. Christians aren't hateful most of the time. They're just intolerant. Just like a lot of Muslims. We have that problems here.

Quoting Ridley_04: I have to listen to everyone blaming me for bad things that happen. And yes, I have been blamed because I don't believe in ***.

Bad luck dude. I live in a city where most of my generation does not believe in *** at all and there's nothing to elders can do about it. I never had a stranger giving me **** for not believing. In fact, I only got **** (from a stranger) for calling him at 9 PM.

Posted by Ridley_04

I have lost "best friends" because of my Athieism.

Posted by Xero

Then they weren't worth being your friends. Friends are supposed to be open to your beliefs and who you are. If they decided to hate you for it, then don't be upset about it.

Posted by Ridley_04

Thats why I put best friends in quotation marks.

Posted by Linko_16

Only some Christians are really like that, and they only get noticed because they're the loudest. There are lots of them, most of my family included, that are pretty accepting of all kinds of people and love Harry Potter.

Didn't, like, the Pope come out and say that Harry Potter was okay as long as you followed the "good and evil" stuff and not the "OMG MAJIK IS REEL" stuff?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Linko_16:
Didn't, like, the Pope come out and say that Harry Potter was okay as long as you followed the "good and evil" stuff and not the "OMG MAJIK IS REEL" stuff?

Only real crazy fanatics of this serie will attempt to cast spells thinking it's real.
And they aren't too frequent because we don't hear much about that.

Posted by Ridley_04

Wait. Spells aren't real? *Throws out stick* I wondered why it didn't work.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Sucre: Only real crazy fanatics of this serie will attempt to cast spells thinking it's real.

That's not what they think.

http://www.thetruthforyouth.com/special/hpcomic/pages/Cover.htm

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Harry Polarity 3rd page: You don't see your Christian friends anymore

LMAO. You don't see "Good" people anymore, just strangers who might be the devil in disguise.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Linko_16: That's not what they think.

http://www.thetruthforyouth.com/special/hpcomic/pages/Cover.htm

Hahaha. I haven't visited that site in a while.