radiohead

Posted by G-Sides

[url]www.radiohead.com[/url]

new album available for download for the price of your choosing on their site. $0 to $5981230945712 and everywhere in between.
it's dominating the last.fm charts, so it must be good. i'm about to listen for the first time. i suggest you mofos snatch it up quick.

Posted by Omni

I already posted a download of this in my blog. It's really good. "House Of Cards" is my favorite song, but the whole thing is wonderful.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

No freaking way?

Radiohead released a new album, and it could be free if you wanted?

NICE!

Hell, just because of that...i'd probably donate a ton of money whenever i'm not so ****ed broke.

Posted by Lemuria

Hmm ... I did like that song Omni [House of Cards] and not too bad at all. Actually not really sloppy.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

****ing love Radiohead and loved this album, though I didn't expect anything less.

NEEDLESS TO SAY, I paid nothing for it.

Posted by Richaod

Fantastic release... and there's the second CD to go! Personally love Videotape.

It's great how the Last.fm top 10 consists of In Rainbows in track order too.

Posted by Omni

Klarth shouted me on Last.fm to tell me that the song "15 Step" must be a derivation of 15 Whole Steps?!

Posted by Hyper

I paid the equivalent of about $7.50 because that's an awesome way to sell an album. I liked it. :cool:

Posted by xuclo

I haven't listened to it all yet, but what I did get a chance to hear wasn't bad.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

I paid 0$ for it because thats how much i would have paid no matter what. This time i felt better about it because i figure some rich guy will donate more than 30 bucks and cover me. but as for it lining up in my favorites from them it lands 5th and thats the truth i know its low and only beat there worst two cds by far but maybe if i listen to it enough it will move up to possibly 3rd. never 1st or 2nd for sure. Favorite Track is 15 Step

1. Kid A
2. Hail To The Thief
3. Amnesiac
4. OK Computer
5. In Rainbows
6. The Bends
7. Pablo Honey

Quoted post: 1. Kid A
2. Hail To The Thief
3. Amnesiac
4. OK Computer
5. In Rainbows
6. The Bends
7. Pablo Honey

Did you just order them from favourite to least? If so, that's a ****ed up list, though I agree with Kid A.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

yeah, i think that Pablo Honey and The Bends deserve to be in last i don't see how anyone could find that surprising?

Kid A is by far my favorite and in a very close 2nd is Hail To The Thief (This may be something surprising Vamp. a ton of people didn't find this cd to be that good, and i don't think would put it 2nd) Amnesiac beating OK Computer ok ok i see were your coming from but thats just my opinion. I am sure OK Computer is probably your 2nd favorite. And for you In Rainbows most likely beats Amnesiac as well.

my guess on your list would be

1. Kid A
2. OK Computer
3. In Rainbows
4. Hail To The Thief
5. Amnesiac
6. The Bends
7. Pablo Honey

Unless of course you like what Radiohead used to be, strummy guitar crap.

hahaha, oh wow.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

what? its only the truth they changed for the better and led there music in a better direction.

you have to admit at the least that those 2 cds are just not what radiohead really is, or you could just say three more words and not comment at all.

Posted by Omni

I'm pretty sure that The Bends is considered the album that helped to define the sound Radiohead became known for.

I'm also pretty sure it's rated as one of the best albums ever created.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

thats fine, but The Bends is nothing like what followed from radiohead there Albums got way more technical and better with experimentation from OK Computer on.

Posted by Omni

It can't be nothing like what followed it, because it's a confirmed fact that it was the first album where they showed characteristics that are defining parts of their sound.

Yeah, seriously, dude. Bends and OK Computer IS their sound. Those are the albums where they perfected and established their sound and careers. Kid A and Amnesiac were great albums, but nothing quite compares to those two albums. They really did define a whole generation of music.

Every album "is just what radiohead really is" but OK and Bends are the more important, better albums.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

I do agree that the bends was a much needed album and it was the album were radiohead got to be radiohead and they went with it and had huge success, most of the people i talk to in life and on other forums admit that they really never listened to Pablo Honey or The Bends and these are people that are old enough to have had listened i just like how Kid A cough the eye of so many more people for radiohead. I think thats were i get the idea in my head that the first two albums are not as much as what followed, and i personally enjoy there newer sound if you will they put more stuff into there music from the bends on thats all. But Spirit Street is an amazing song. and thats from The Bends

Well, Pablo Honey pretty much sucked. The only good song on that album is, obviously, Creep and the rest are mediocre.

Posted by Slade

Quoting F1NALSMASH: I do agree that the bends was a much needed album and it was the album were radiohead got to be radiohead and they went with it and had huge success, most of the people i talk to in life and on other forums admit that they really never listened to Pablo Honey or The Bends and these are people that are old enough to have had listened i just like how Kid A cough the eye of so many more people for radiohead. I think thats were i get the idea in my head that the first two albums are not as much as what followed, and i personally enjoy there newer sound if you will they put more stuff into there music from the bends on thats all. But Spirit Street is an amazing song. and thats from The Bends

Dude, seriously, work on your grammar and spelling. Most people who can't write for **** don't type up nearly as much as you do. If you plan on writing more walls of text, I'd highly suggest practicing or spending more time on your post- whatever you need to do. Reading all your posts in this thread was a chore, and now my brain feels all jumbled with the wrong words.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

I do not plan on working on my grammar and spelling for a forum. Sorry but i really don't care i will try to take my time and do the best i can but i don't write and don't care.

But thats true about Pablo Honey, it took my awhile to like creep but i really like how hard they got the guitar in that song it was something not like radiohead and worked out well in that song.

Although the last song "Blow Out" is good in my opinion, the start of it gets me for some weird reason.

Posted by S

Articulation is a means to life. I'd take Slade's advice if I were you; it'll help you in more aspects than just typing skills.

Not like it takes very long or any effort whatsoever.

Posted by Richaod

OK Computer and In Rainbows, to me, define Radiohead... The former because it's about halfway between their guitar-oriented and more electronic styles (not to mention that it's brilliant), and the latter simply because it's where they are now. The Bends is a decent album, nothing wrong with liking it, but it really annoys me when people feel nostalgic, or wish Radiohead "still made songs like High and Dry". That's completely missing the point - looking to the past, which is clearly something that Radiohead have rarely, if ever, done.

As I said before, I look forward to hearing the second CD in about a week's time.