Open challenge

Posted by D14M0ND5

I would like to fight.

Would anyone do me the privilege?

Posted by S

Would you like Arena or First strike? I'll be away this weekend but after monday, it'll be easier to reply. If anyone would like to jump in before then, feel free; until the though, assume that it'll be me.

Posted by D14M0ND5

I'll take the first attack, please.

Also, I'll wait unless someone else wants to fight before then.

Posted by Crono

Sorry Luna, but...dibs! Interwebz in Iraq lolz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chaos Crusader rattled lightly in it's sheath across Crono's back, perhaps sensing the oncoming battle. A call had been made and although Crono sensed another fighter on his way to it, he was much closer. Not that closeness mattered for one who transcended time, but it was much more convenient and less stressful to reside in the normal timestream. His Dark Saber and Blood Blade were in their traditional places, and his other weapons were stowed away for the battle.

If I need more than this, there's something wrong with me, he thought to himself, and shrugged it off. The area around him was dense with growth, and he flitted along tree branches with ease, dashing through the rainforest area easily. The ground beneath him was covered in a thick layer of moss and dead leaves, left to rot, hidden from the sun by the strong cover of leaves and branches overhead. A slip on a bit of moss brought Crono's mind back to reality, almost taking him out of the trees. He gripped hard with his right hand to a branch near his head, swinging forward with the momentum built from his speedy travel and landing lightly on the next branch, ready to continue. This branch began to slowly give way under his weight and he decided perhaps it was time to descend back to the level he belonged on, and he dove off the branch before it toppled, performing a single forward roll in his flight before landing in a crouch on the ground, the impact shaking the leaves around him. Dust and dirt swirled around his feet, which sank quite comfortably on the soft ground, and he rattled his weapons, loosening them for the upcoming assault he was sure would appear soon.

Time to go, boys, he said, patting his trusted Dark Saber with his left hand, ready to draw in an instant.

Posted by D14M0ND5

Cable sighed. He could already feel his opponent moving into the field of battle. A large snake of some sort fell from the trees nearly toppling Cable, as he ran barefoot toward the imminent fight.

“I am so late. This guy is gonna hate me.” Cable always talked to himself. He wasn’t really sure why. He just kind of did. It was an accepted part of his life.

As he drew nearer, he could sense his body growing weaker and slower as the sunlight overhead grew sparser.
“Perfect.” He said ironically, as he slowed to the pace of an average sixteen year old boy. “I am going to be so late.”

When he finally arrived at Crono’s location he was out of breathe.
“I am so sorry for being this late. I over slept or whatever.” Crono turned, half in disbelief, to see a slightly smaller than average sixteen year old. He was barefoot and shirtless, wearing only a pair of baggy cargo shorts, with a pouch for what looked like a knife of some sort. He stood at the base of a rather large tree, near the top of a nearby hill. He didn’t look threatening at all.

He reached to the ground picked up a small rock and then began looking around. After looking puzzled for a few moments his face lit up. He pulled his arm pack at threw the stone with some precision. Crono’s instinct was to block but the rock was headed toward a spot so far away from him that he didn’t bother but instead watched with some bewilderment as the stone flew into a rather dense patch of foliage suspended about thirty feet above the ground in jungle vines.

There was a momentary crash, followed by a loud and distinctly angry sounding caw as several large, largely plumed, and up until just recently sleeping jungle birds took flight above the battle field. Without wasting even a second, Cable had climbed the nearby tree and sprang atop the largest of the birds. The moment he touched it with his hands it flapped madly and began to fall from the sky, despite its obvious ability to support its own weight as fell as Cable’s.

As they fell, Cable seemed to be struggling to do something, though Crono could not tell what. They made impact with the ground and seconds later, Cable was nowhere to be seen. It is also noteworthy that half a dozen medium sized rocks had been jostled out of place and were rolling down the hill toward Crono, with some force.

OOC: Cable is preparing to use some sort of attack from Crono, so if you could give me the chance to do that instead of just hitting me, that would be awesome.

Posted by Crono

Not sure I get what you're saying there. O.o'

Posted by D14M0ND5

OOC: I was just saying, my character is going to try and use the energy from one of your attacks to do something. Basically what I am saying is, he is waiting for your character to attack so that he can catch your attack in his hands and divert the energy.

So unless you manage to catch him off guard somehow, you shouldn't be able to hit him without him countering. I am basically asking you to leave this next attack open for counter, like "Crono swung his sword with some force at Cable's throat." as opposed to saying for example "Crono sliced Cable across the neck and with a flourish forced his opponent onto his knees."

I guess it really is up to you, though. It's just that with this particular fighter, counters are his only real weapon in this setting. If you don't let him counter, you'll rape him. Your call.

Posted by Crono

Quoting D14M0ND5: OOC: I was just saying, my character is going to try and use the energy from one of your attacks to do something. Basically what I am saying is, he is waiting for your character to attack so that he can catch your attack in his hands and divert the energy.

So unless you manage to catch him off guard somehow, you shouldn't be able to hit him without him countering. I am basically asking you to leave this next attack open for counter, like "Crono swung his sword with some force at Cable's throat." as opposed to saying for example "Crono sliced Cable across the neck and with a flourish forced his opponent onto his knees."

I guess it really is up to you, though. It's just that with this particular fighter, counters are his only real weapon in this setting. If you don't let him counter, you'll rape him. Your call.

In other words, you want an Orthodox battle. Not sure if you're aware, but this forum practices a completely different style. Oh, and as for sitting around letting you counter everything...you don't want to get raped, so why would I?

You might need to rethink your character, or at least his abilities, if you have a character based solely on countering, because I doubt you'll find many here willing to let you beat them with their own attacks all day because they have to leave them open ended for you to counter.

Posted by S

OoC: He said it's up to you Crono. Just go with the flow I'd say. Play your way, he'll have to learn to accomodate his own style.

Posted by D14M0ND5

OOC: It's ok, Crono. I did totally make it your call at the beginning. I had just forgotten that we fight un-ortho here. I wrote Cable for ortho fighting. It's no big deal. I figure something out and if I don't whatever. Just play however you feel.

Posted by Crono

Think I got this covered. I'll play it out normally, then simply leave an open ended attack at the end of the post for you to play with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crono glanced around quickly, attempting to locate Cable. There were some rocks nearby but no sign of the boy as he flicked his eyes around quickly, not sure where he had gone. He braced himself quickly, because the rocks had moved faster than he anticipated, and avoided the majority of them, although one clipped him roughly on the hip, tearing some skin loose and bruising it slightly. His leg didn't move quite right and he simply shrugged it off as something to worry about later. For now, he had to focus on finding Cable, who had disappeared in his attack, or lack thereof.

If I can't find him now...I'll simply go back to a time where I can!

Crono's green eyes flashed and went a brilliant shade of orange, brighter than his hair, and his aura changed slightly as he vanished to the world as most know it. He appeared in the streams of time he alone could view, and he slipped back a few minutes, to when Cable had simply been standing there, facing him. He looked at himself, then back to Cable, and drew Chaos Crusader, deciding not to procrastinate and longer than was necessary. One eye flashed back to green as he kept it on the real time stream while his frozen one was viewed with the orange eye, and everything moved in super slow motion for him. He saw himself grin slightly, and moved in as Cable threw the initial pebble to initiate the duel. Wide open, with arms spread out for balance and throwing, his entire body made for a simple target. A few quick strikes across his body with his sword left him satisfied and he released his spell with a flicker of his eye color once more, back to orange in both eyes as his casting merged his orange eyed line with the natural time stream, and the attacks of a few minutes past caught up to Cable in the newly made stream, a combination of the two Crono saw. As his eyes faded back to green, Cable became visible again, or at least apparent in his hiding, from the blood oozing from his newly opened wounds. A strike across his lower back bled a lot but was not deep, and a slice across the top of his left eye covered his sight slightly as he attempted to locate the man who had disappeared in front of him and somehow struck him through his ultimate defense.

Then the pain hit him as the final blow raked across his calf, tearing muscle and tendon alike, straight across the back. Crono wiped his sword on a nearby frond, attempting to clean the blade, before noticing the blood trail left by Cable, which stopped nearby. A quick dash and a clean thrust towards him was hopefully enough to finish the child off before Crono had to get serious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And there's your opening. Not sure exactly what the plan with the rocks was. =\