It's hard to believe the news today..

Posted by Jarulara

I'm not sure what to believe now a days...Not only celebrity news, which I don't care about, but its everything. One day were suppose to be at war with Iran next day everything is cool and were still in Iraq..and then Bobby Brown has a heart attack but he says he doesn't..which I don't care again but its just like why report that if its false..but then it was the whole Katrina thing..they were holding information back like how severe it really was. All they wanted to report was looting and stuff like that. So I mean I really thought for a second that "wow a level 5 hurricane just swept a whole city up and every is fine and looting" but then I thought about it and it was more than that. I mean its crazy the news today. Maybe its just me.. But I watch the news alot..CNN at least a hour a day..and yahoo news I look at all day periodically. So I know my news. lol...but yeah

This might be a US problem not sure how it is in the UK or Canada.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Canada is slightly better, since most new casts arn't owned by the US government. Still the media likes to make little twists in the stories

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Today? You're referring to this like it's a new thing. If anything, the press was restrained to a greater extent in the past. Some newspapers during World War II actually fabricated battles to boost morale, and simply ignored certain campaigns. Newspapers and news stations are free to report on rumours too, even if they're incorrect. Freedom of the press, y0.

I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make, anyway. It just seems to be a jumble of ideas.

[quote=Rddflag;762697]Canada is slightly better, since most new casts arn't owned by the US government. Still the media likes to make little twists in the stories
oh plz. It's the same everywhere. Canada's government is almost as bad as America's.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Rddflag: Canada is slightly better, since most new casts arn't owned by the US government. Still the media likes to make little twists in the stories

Most of our media isn't owned by the government! In fact, it's run by Corporations, which are almost as bad!

Posted by Omni

The news only showing what they want you to see? That doesn't happen. They told me so on the news.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Poco: Most of our media isn't owned by the government! In fact, it's run by Corporations, which are almost as bad!

Look it up they have quite a few owned. They even buy the newspaper media. They replace the staff with their own

Posted by Slade

Your best bet is to teleport all over the world and watch the events happen for yourself. There's no way to duplicate that experience, no matter how "free" or "not controlled by the government" your news is.

Posted by nich

Quoting Poco: Most of our media isn't owned by the government! In fact, it's run by Corporations, which are almost as bad!

Those major corporations fund their own respective pollitical parties, to gain favour and power, and often sway the news they control to reflect who they support. Which is why you see some stations consistently pro this and some consistently anti that. Canada does not have this, well, as bad as America does. There are definately biasses present here too.

Posted by Jarulara

Quoting The X: Today? You're referring to this like it's a new thing. If anything, the press was restrained to a greater extent in the past. Some newspapers during World War II actually fabricated battles to boost morale, and simply ignored certain campaigns. Newspapers and news stations are free to report on rumours too, even if they're incorrect. Freedom of the press, y0.

I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make, anyway. It just seems to be a jumble of ideas.

oh plz. It's the same everywhere. Canada's government is almost as bad as America's.

Yeah but I think there should be better filter of rumors and truths in the media today. Like certain things you don't get all of it and when you do people complain. But I would like to know it all then just a little. You know..I'm just complaining not really making a point.

Posted by nich

Quoting X: ... but the government doesn't OWN the stations. key word there.

I never said they OWNed the stations. I was expanding on Poco's point, and implying that the government, in a way, has power over what is news. Jerk.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Canada's government is almost as bad as America's.

Worse in a lot of cases.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Worse in a lot of cases.

Free medicare, Rights and treaties for Natives, No Bush. It's reeeal bad here as you can tell :rolleyes:

haha, jeez. pay closer attention. Also, Harper is terrible.

Posted by nich

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Worse in a lot of cases.

Examples please, 'cause I don't see it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being patriotic, but Canada's government is not as bad as America's, especially relative to the theme of the thread. Yes, Harper is terrible but that's because he seems to be trying to convert the country to Little USA (more so than it already is).

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Harper is terrible.

Which is why an election might be held soon. Hes nothing but an *** kisser to the US

Quoted post: Examples please, 'cause I don't see it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being patriotic, but Canada's government is not as bad as America's, especially relative to the theme of the thread. Yes, Harper is terrible but that's because he seems to be trying to convert the country to Little America (more so than it already is).

I didn't say it's as bad, just that we have our own problems. We're not a ton better than the US. For example, Flag mentioned medicare. It's free and practically covers everyone, but we have a massive shortage of nurses, physicians and family doctors. Our wait times are also pretty horrendous and many doctors can't get diagnostic equipment. There's even been cases where babies have to be delivered in the US due to lack of rooms or nurses. Oh, and budget cuts. Can't forget about that.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: There's even been cases where babies have to be delivered in the US due to lack of rooms or nurses. Oh, and budget cuts. Can't forget about that.

My Mother and Father were being treated for different types of cancer in two different hospitals(different dates). They were stuck in the halls where everyone can see you sleeping, in pain, and it can't be all that helpful if they should spread germs

Posted by nich

That's quite true, but "worse in alot of cases" seemed to imply that it is, well, worse in alot of cases. :/

edit: ninja'd. Also, if you think of the word 'worse' for a while it kinda seems like its not a real word.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Ok heres one. During the drout if you can remember the US government provided aid for the farmers, 45 billion dollars to be exact. The Canadian government only provided our farmers with a certain type of insurance and promised to become "Global Agricultural Competitors"

Posted by Ant

I don't watch the news. unless it deals with things locally, which I might find somewhat interesting.

Posted by Trigger

Most news reported is irrelevant and ficitious. You know it's a slow news day when they're reporting about trivial topics like puppies or something that happened in their own studios or to another news station.

Posted by WillisGreeny

News is business, so they are going to show what sells. Blameing large corperations for making profit is silly when the viewers are the ones at fault, AKA, Americans. It's not asif everyone dissagrees with Fox news.

Posted by Trigger

It's not just America.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Rddflag: Look it up they have quite a few owned. They even buy the newspaper media. They replace the staff with their own

Aren't you a 9/11 truther? If so, that's pretty sad.