Ok I need help with some thing.

Posted by keyartist

Yeah, Why would I be asking if no one cares, anyways, I've been playing Half Life 2 and also DeathMatch that comes with it about once a week Me some friends and family get together and play for about a month now My Steam Menu won't open, I've looked up help and such but it did,t clear anything up. It says somes there error is ERROR:200, having to do with the fire wall, but even after I fixed it all it still wont work.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and can they help. The problems is that the Steam Application window will not open, so I'm unable to play, can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Posted by WillisGreeny

You should check for a website that trouble shoots Half Life 2 problems specificly, because they'll be able to tell you what ERROR:200 means.

Work on punctuating your posts, because I can barely tell what or when exactly this problem started happening. My guess is the game worked at first, but after a month or so the stem menu stopped working. Am I right?

Firewalls usually don't screw up menus, they usually prevent the game from making an outside connection. The game would then act as if there was no modem hooked into the computer, it wouldn't just crash.

What are your computer specs and operating system?

Posted by keyartist

I did check it it says its something witht he firewall but even when shut of, it doesn't work. The Steam Menu won't open, It has nothing to do with the Half life game.