Survival Team

Posted by Dexter

We at VGC need to assemble a survival team just in case of an emergency. You never know what could happen. Crazy all-out war, class 5 zombie outbreak, etc. Whatever happens, we need to be rest assured that we have a fall back plan.

What we need is particular talents. Nurses/doctors, farmers, hunters, breeders, etc. So what we need to figure out is what your talent is and how we can use it once we go to reestablish our lives.

I've built a house, so I know many of the basics when it comes to establishing new fortresses. I think I could, with great patience and strong dedication and of course VGC help, build us some cozy huts or something.

I've already got some land ready for us. It's miles away from anything, too. No roads, towns, telephone pools, etc. Being far away from such things will make it easier for us to hide from whatever troubles will be crawling the earth at the time. The soil is nice and so is the outdoors. I won't say where it is because, frankly, it wouldn't be wise to share such information. Once we've established a team and have a feel for our future community, I will discuss this location with you. Rest assured though that I have studied the area quite extensively and have spent a lot of time there myself.

When the time comes to flee to safety, it's best to be prepared. Get your family and close friends to start thinking about it so the idea is at least placed in their minds. Many grownups are so trapped in their lives that they'll have trouble believing what is happening when the time comes which will hinder their action until it is possibly too late.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I call breeder

Posted by Dexter

Hopefully the women will understand our dire situation. Unlike what we see in the movies, girls hardly get sexually excited during dangerous times, especially when in isolation. Instead, their sexual drive usually shuts down and the thought is simply repulsive to them, particularly when it comes to breeding with complete strangers. I suggest bringing your partner, if you have one, as well as some of your female friends for backups (and your sisters for your male friends). Prepare for the act of re-population, for we can never be sure how long we will be in hiding or how much damage was dealt upon the rest of the world.

My parents produced a total of 8 children and it is totally in my genes to create some healthy, beautiful children of my own. I would take it upon myself to populate our community with some younglings. We will need them to carry on the human race and to aid us when our age attacks.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Dexter: when our age attacks.

And when killer robots show up... They're always doing that.

Posted by Dexter

Our children wouldn't know how to handle robots unless we taught them. They would grow up without much technology at all or any of the education about robots that we have today. Imagine Davey Crockett battling Optimus Prime. We currently have the resources to study robots and prepare ourselves, but we wouldn't be able to offer that to our children. It would be nice to have a robot expert with us to teach our children the basics as they grow, but they could never have the hands-on opportunity like we slightly have today.

Posted by Linko_16

I don't know what kind of protocols the USA has for something like a nuclear missile attack, whether it's something they could stop without warning or what (they seem to let a lot of **** happen even with plenty of warning), but I guess it's possible that at any given time nuclear war could break out and, depending on how much of America got hit, civilization as we know it could end. If that happened, and I survived, would I spend the rest of my post-apocalyptic life shacking up with you fags? Probably not. Maybe I'd consider it, given that you're speaking up now (I don't care if you're joking or not, I feel like a serious response) so I know about such a plan, and depending on who's still alive here where I live, and how far I'd have to travel with what little resources would be left in such a situation.

You know, I almost wouldn't mind, whether I died in the chaos or not. A part of me rooted deep in my consciousness really hates the world as it is. I'm no anarchy theorist, but I think I might be a little bit accepting of that kind of change if it just so happened to come about.

In before I end up on some government list.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Dexter;761034]It would be nice to have a robot expert with us to teach our children the basics as they grow, but they could never have the hands-on opportunity like we slightly have today.

I studied Robotics in school last year. Does that count?

Anyway, if there was a zombie invasion, I'd need to acquire some kind of long-range sailboat to reach you guys. I can't imagine a plane would be practical - it would probably be impossible to take off if zombies were fagging up the runways... And I don't know how to fly.

We could always create some kind of floating fortress.

Posted by Ant

i have a +3 axe

Posted by Kit

I'm pretty good at tanking, I can keep the aggro off you guys but we need a healer and some dps. A priest would be nice for shackling undead.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Linko_16: Maybe I'd consider it, given that you're speaking up now (I don't care if you're joking or not, I feel like a serious response).

I'm being completely serious. It's definitely a good thing to be prepared and have the option there for when the time may come to use it. I'll speak about it in a light-hearted manner because it simply makes it easier to discuss and it also makes it easier to sink into people's minds. They don't want to fret about the future and what troubles may come, but they may feel obliged to play with the idea and that will help to a better degree than simply ignoring it altogether. Good psychology can save lives and better the human race.

Quoted post:
We could always create some kind of floating fortress.

Bad idea. Who knows the number of people we are going to have. It'll most likely be too large for a boat. This isn't just for VGCers. This is also for our family and friends. Also, we're preparing for any type of emergency, not just zombies. Think about pirates, which do exists and would become more abundant if supplies were drying out. They would be searching endlessly for weaklings like ourselves to kill and steal from. Killing for rations will be common in such times for it will be a constant fight for survival. Furthermore, unless we have some sort of Navy boat under our control (which is far too vast and difficult for our team to maintain anyway), being out in the water is far too dangerous. Weather (storms), lack of food, and many other problems would easily occur. Terrain is incredibly important and having soil is going to be a must for certain situations.

Posted by WillisGreeny

We would need to set up a form of government inorder to make things be more effeciently done. Since we will have a much smaller population, I suggest a tribal type counsel formed by the most wize and experienced members, just like what a lot of Native American tribes were like before the West had shown up.

Posted by KoH

My eyes began to bleed as I read Linko's post. Coincidence? I think not.

Posted by Iris

I'm great with ingredients and making meals, so I could be a perfect food scavenger and cook.

Posted by Omni

I call token annoying member of the group.

Posted by Trigger

I call doctor.

Posted by S

Crazy guy that kills everyone.

Posted by Zeta

First to die if we have to resort to cannibalism.

Posted by Slade

I could round up some rifles, ammunition, a couple wood stoves, and almost any building tools we might need- But I'm not sure if I'd have a generator to power those. Other things I could bring would be a decent amount of canned goods(along with supplies to prepare more) and some dehydrators.

If something goes wrong with Dexter's land plot, or it is ruined, I have access to some land we could easily stay at all summer. There is a river for fresh water(among other things), and a lot of good land for agriculture. We would have to be prepared for a ton of cold weather come winter, though. Some people would probably have to go early to plant a crop if we wanted to reap our harvest with plenty of time left to prepare to move to a warmer area.

Presuming we would be stealing everything we could, I'm sure we could find plenty in my city. It would probably take a band of strong fighters to protect the gatherers. If we planned, we could be far more prepared than anyone else. This would help make sure we could scavenge everything we needed from the city.

Posted by Fate

I'd be Ralph. Or the tragic Simon.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Kit: I'm pretty good at tanking, I can keep the aggro off you guys but we need a healer and some dps. A priest would be nice for shackling undead.

I'll be in charge of keeping people that are really like that out of the gene pool.

If only I had a +3 axe to use.

Posted by WillisGreeny

OK ok, I'll be a Paragon.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Slade: Presuming we would be stealing everything we could, I'm sure we could find plenty in my city.

Our goal would be to flee and survive, not to fight, steal, and become the new power of the world. We would be incredibly peaceful, yet awfully defensive. We would become isolated in our fortress, without leaving. The city, or even a town, would be too dangerous and risky. I'm sure we would have many healthy men and women who could easily put up a fight, but I don't recommend we go out of our way to do so. If the time came to fight, probably in defense, we would do everything we can to win. I don't think it's a good idea to go roaming around looking for battle, or sending scouting parties in search for more supplies. We live off the land, like our ancestors once did. Becoming too separated from each other is also a bad idea. Stay together, stay hidden, and re-establish our lives from scratch.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I can play music on mainly string instruments. I'll provide the music.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Dexter: Our goal would be to flee and survive, not to fight, steal, and become the new power of the world.

Yeah, I actually meant like right after all hell broke loose, we could steal as much from the city as possible all in one go. Then we'd leave, set up somewhere else, and never go back. But I can see how that would be dangerous, and wouldn't be worth it if we wouldn't gain either a huge advantage from it, or somehow make the setting up and starting over process easier with what we stole.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Kodachi: I'll be in charge of keeping people that are really like that out of the gene pool.

If only I had a +3 axe to use.

WOAAAAAAAAAAAH NOOOOOOOO, NO NO NO NO NO! THIS IS MY +3 AXE! YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE, NOW BACK OFF! THIS IS ALL I GOT! AND I AIN'T GIVIN IT TO NOBODIES!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Zeta;761391]First to die if we have to resort to cannibalism.Pretty sure that would be Ant.

marbleized meat is in fact the tastiest meat.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Slade: Yeah, I actually meant like right after all hell broke loose, we could steal as much from the city as possible all in one go.

Hopefully we'll be safe by the time all hell broke loose. By the time we hit a class 3, we should have our supplies prepared and our bags packed, then by class 4 we should already be well on our way to our undisturbed land, safe in our fortress. We should never be in a city during class 5, when all hell breaks loose. Too many dangers will be present. If it's a human war, we may have bombings or simple attacks, especially from other civilians trying to get supplies. I could only imagine the utter chaos. If it were to be a zombie outbreak, they'd probably flock towards human activity (flesh), or at least what they knew in their previous living lives, which would likely be the city.

Again I warn you all to be more observant about the rising classes than the average human. Your parents, especially your moms, and maybe even your friends, will have a hard time believing what is happening, which will slow their progress, assuming they have any preparational progress at all. Many won't believe at all! If they don't believe they won't take action. You have to take charge. Doesn't matter if you're the younger, usually less responsible one. This time you take charge, you respond. Just like all the stories of children or young-adults stepping up and becoming 'the savior,' this is your time to step up. I would start now, by at least playing with the idea of what your best choice is in certain situations. By at least thinking about it, consciously, then when the time comes you'll be a little more prepared than the average person and have an easier time believing what is happening, as well.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I call nurse/doctor, psychiatrist, artist, scientist, and audio engineer by my current and future degrees. By the way, this also warrents me as a breeder.

Posted by Trigger

So, being that I am the only other doctor here, want to pro-create and then kill our babies for artistic fun and also an excuse to have a psychiatric disorder? You and I, baby, we can totally feed ourselves. We don't need the rest of these losers - or their +3 axes.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Lots of sex, killing, and eating of babies? Yes. Sign me up for this, woman!

Posted by mis0

I call driver. You're gonna need someone to steal other peoples ****, put it on a truck, and haul it back. Because, like, fuel, food and supplies don't move themselves, guys!

Posted by WillisGreeny

Let's make a city like in Water World, only with no Kevin Costner.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting WillisGreeny: Let's make a city like in Water World, only with extra Kevin Costner.

Fixed.

Posted by WillisGreeny

NO! We can't have Kevin Costner. He'll be fine at first, but later he'll start hallucinating about meeting his dead father. Then, while the rest of us are eating Ant, that ****er will be busy wasting all out resources on building a water polo stadium so that he can watch his imaginary friends play marco polo. NO!

Posted by Shade

Kevin Costner cheering for imaginary water polo players? **** yes.

I can throw a spear with accuracy, I'll be a hunter.

Posted by WillisGreeny

FINE!!!

I hope Trigger and Shin-Ra's children all choke on hot dogs...

Posted by Omni

Let's just make an original society instead of basing it off a movie.

Posted by NES Queen

And a crappy one to boot. I call principle scientist. Shin-Ra will be too busy making babies with Trigger to take his scientific responsibilities seriously. He can be my lab monkey when assistance is needed.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I believe I just got burned. :(

Posted by S

Too busy making babies with Trigger to be a scientist? Experimented on to further you chances at becoming the Hulk/Captain America/Toxic Crusader/Random super-hero with altered genetics? I'd say you rock.

Posted by WillisGreeny

but..but..but.. I like sex too... An my genetics aren't all bad... ok...I'll just be incharge of distributing lotion for the rest of the guys.

oh no, did I just sound a bit homosexual?

Posted by NES Queen

Ain't nothing (too) wrong with being a lab monkey. I myself fill that role far more often than I'd like.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecoli742/Picture373.jpg[/IMG]

[quote=WillisGreeny]oh no, did I just sound a bit homosexual?
More than a bit, son.

Posted by Linko_16

I can make a way better monkey face than that.

And if I had a camera I'd prove it.

Posted by Trigger

Considering that you are too poor to own a camera, I vote that you be an iconic homeless bum of the city. You'll live on a park bench, built in a small cave that people walk past to make themselves feel better about their status and their lives. Thirty years of this and we will award you with a camera.

Shin-Ra, you've been signed up. You and me, lets go...

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Trigger: Considering that you are too poor to own a camera, I vote that you be an iconic homeless bum of the city. You'll live on a park bench, built in a small cave that people walk past to make themselves feel better about their status and their lives. Thirty years of this and we will award you with a camera.

Finally, a challenge worthy of my unique talents.

Posted by Trigger

I employ you, you gain +6 to wages.

Worst monkey face ever.

Posted by NES Queen

so go ahead and make a better one yourself smartypants

Posted by Dr. Rockso

You'll need alot of these
[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/Gir_Gone_Krazy/funny-pictures-zombie-survival-kit-.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Dexter

Where do I buy those?

Posted by Shade

Home Depot.