Ok -- Halo 3 Thread -- Help

Posted by Lemuria

At least 2 or 3 people assistance with Legendary mode. I've beated Heroic and probably going to need assistance to move through some of these levels -- I've beaten Cortana and Halo on Legendary but I'd like to move through the others and if anyone wants to seriously help (and is good...) throw my gamertag a toss.

GT: Distortion 117

Thanks-- I'll be back around 1:00 AM Eastern Time.

Posted by Moogs

Legendary really only takes two people.

Posted by Dexter

Easier with 4 though. Less worry and you can get through it way faster. If you see me online send me an invite and I may be able to assist you. I've gone through it about twice now so I'm fairly good at it and could also help you pick up the skulls along the way.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Moogs: Legendary really only takes two people.

Indeed, me and Nazo just finished running through it on Legendary a few minutes ago.

But if I could get my 360 online I'd totally help you dood.

Posted by Nazo

That **** was hard as hell too. Far worse than that of H2. Though, I have to admit, it was ******* fun.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Legendary wasn't too hard for me, and I done all the missions bar one with just one friend. If worst came to worst, one of just hid in a safe zone while the other went on suicide missions.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Nazo: That **** was hard as hell too. Far worse than that of H2. Though, I have to admit, it was ******* fun.

Wrong, taking off respawns on 2 made it way harder/

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, Legendary isn't insanely hard. I've done a few missions with three other people with little problem. Guess I should finish the rest sometime.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Angelwing: I've done a few missions with three other people with little problem.

With 3 ppl. It's harder when your just 1 person.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Roger Smith;761196]With 3 ppl. It's harder when your just 1 person.

uhhhh no. Not really. I played about 75% of Legendary with my RL buddy who usually uses his 360 for FOOTBALL GAEMZ and watching DVDs, and we still blasted through the thing with the tiniest of hiccups. You and Nazo must simply suck ***.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: That **** was hard as hell too. Far worse than that of H2. Though, I have to admit, it was ******* fun.

Negative. With only one extra person it was easy if you two were halfway smart about the spawning system. You don't even have to be good at the game.

Hell, I played half of legendary with a buddy on a guest account and when he left I kept it plugged in and just played by myself. You don't even need extra people if you have an extra controller.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting The X: uhhhh no. Not really. I played about 75% of Legendary with my RL buddy who usually uses his 360 for FOOTBALL GAEMZ and watching DVDs, and we still blasted through the thing with the tiniest of hiccups. You and Nazo must simply suck ***.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Negative. With only one extra person it was easy if you two were halfway smart about the spawning system. You don't even have to be good at the game.

Hell, I played half of legendary with a buddy on a guest account and when he left I kept it plugged in and just played by myself. You don't even need extra people if you have an extra controller.

K

Posted by Nazo

Then you all must know, I do infact suck at H3. Roger didn't die that much, I was more of a suicide bomber. ;)

Run up to Brute, smack'm into the wall, tag his ***, boom, and yes I know people can rape at the game, hell, my cousin Anton beat H2's Legendary in 4 hours. x_x I don't get how you son of a *****es do it. Also, I don't get to play many FPS. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Nazo;761312]Run up to Brute

It takes like, two/three headshots to finish one off. Running up to them is pretty pointless most of the time.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting The X: It takes like, two/three headshots to finish one off. Running up to them is pretty pointless most of the time.

Yeah, just like how it takes 2-3 shotgun blasts to kill one lol it's better to shoot him once then melee kill him.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Roger Smith: With 3 ppl. It's harder when your just 1 person.

Nah, it's not that hard with just one person. Even if you suck.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Halo 3 is the easiest to beat on Legendary by far, Solo or otherwise.

Posted by Roger Smith

lol wow me and nazo must be the only 2 on this forum who suck at halo 3 lol.

In any matter, we beat Legendary and that's good enough for me.

Posted by muffla

if you beat some of the missions on legendary co-op and others on single player do you still get the achievment?

Posted by Roger Smith

Yeah, long as you beat all of them on Legendary.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I'm beating it on Co-Op and Solo. I'm on the Covenant both ways right now.

Quoted post: Yeah, just like how it takes 2-3 shotgun blasts to kill one lol it's better to shoot him once then melee kill him.

It takes two shotgun blasts to kill a brute if you're not shooting from a distance. Either way, grab a BR or Carbine and go to town on his face. Should only take five shots to knock him down. If you really want, have Nazo hang back a bit for a safe respawn, don't both charge in there. Plus, you'll always have unlimited ammo and grenades, so that helps.

Posted by Roger Smith

That's pretty much what we did.

And you found it difficult? lol

Posted by Nazo

Well, that's what we did AFTER I stopped being stupid. See, I'm not one to really beat a game, I'm one to enjoy what it has to offer. To me, but maybe not to you, I see fun in running straight up to a Brute, tagging him with a sticky and watching him fly. It's quite enjoyable even if I die. Having fun is all that matters to me really. Beating a game just makes it old. :(

Also, @ the BR or Carbine. I use Carbines are the time, I'm a great long range shooter and in some cases always snipe when given the chance. Though, I found it funny that I've shot a Brute in the face about 12 times and he still didn't die. :P

Posted by Kit

You have to shoot the right part of the face.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

leg =/= face, Nazo.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: And you found it difficult? lol

I never said that.

Nazo did. Which is lol enough for me

Posted by Roger Smith

Well, I guess we'll never be as good as you guys on teh best FPS ever.

Sucks for us.

all you need is basic eye-hand coordination and not be a ****ing moron about the respawn system. NOT HARD

Posted by Roger Smith

Attn everyone. We ****ing beat it on Legendary, nuff said.

And about the abuse of the spawn system. Seems like a cheap *** way of beating the game.

Quoted post: And about the abuse of the spawn system. Seems like a cheap *** way of beating the game.

That's what's it's there for, to run away and let your friends respawn!

Posted by Vbty3

Why would they put it in the game if you didn't use it?

Posted by Skitzo Control

I'm sure Bungie anticipated people running backwards to spawn their friends, but I'm certain that wasn't their intention with the system. The idea was to reward a player who was skilled enough to make it through the affair with a person to assist him again the next time a fight breaks out.

That's what they say I'm sure, but you know they play it like everyone else, especially considering they suck at halo.

Posted by Kit

I thought it would be for making the points system work on multiplayer, so everybody wouldn't lose points for a teammate dying.