best SNES emu

Posted by Ilikefluff

does anyone no the best SNES emulator out there and where to get all the roms for basically every SNES game,, or mediacafe has a application on something like facebook where you can play every NES game on your browser, is there anything like for the SNES?

Posted by Iris

ZSNES is a great emulator. ROM distribution is against site rules, however.

Posted by ZEN

Quoting Ilikefluff: mediacafe has a application on something like facebook where you can play every NES game on your browser, is there anything like for the SNES?

I believe the people at virtualnes.com are working on it, but currently there isn't anything like that right now for Super Nintendo.

Best SNES emulator is definitely [url=http://www.zsnes.com/]zSNES[/url].

Posted by Ilikefluff

snes9x? havent tried it yet, but someone told me about it, im just looking for a site that i can get every single ROM or close to all of them. ithought there were more out there than just 3 or 4 emu's

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

Just get ZSNES, forget about the rest.

Posted by Xero

I used to have SnesX 9.1, but it was sucky. I got ZSNES afterwards and I liked it much more.

Posted by Slade

Easiest way to get every single rom is to torrent them.

Posted by keyartist

Well Everyvideogame.com says they have SNES, Sega, and gameboy games you can play in your browser but the only ones they are arcade and NES, but its fun, Destiny of an Emperor is a great game

Posted by WillisGreeny

I just spend my parent's money on Wii's VC shop.

Posted by Tabascork

Zsnes is the way to go. It runs fast on crappy computers like mine.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I've never found a better one than ZSNES. Just keep up with the latest version as the older versions are kinda buggy.

Posted by talentz

Zsnes is the best one I think?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Fei-on Castor: I've never found a better one than ZSNES.

Which one?

Posted by Isaac1

ZSNES is good. You can download it at gbx-emu.org

Posted by Breakman

ZSNES is by far my favorite emulator for anything. There's nothing not awesome about it except the removal of netplay in newer versions and as-of-yet no way to do 3 or 4-way netplay unless 2+ people are at a single or each computer--with controllers. SNES9X (or SNES9K more specifically) DOES offer this feature, but as it uses Kaillera it tends to be rather slow and choppy--to the point at which that, combined with the difficulty of using SNES9X when being so used to ZSNES, is a huge turnoff for me.

Posted by Proto Man

zSNES is pretty good. I like the online capabilies. Roger Smith and I once played Secret of Mana over the internet.

Posted by WillisGreeny

The online functions sound pretty sweet. How's the sound quality though?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting WillisGreeny: The online functions sound pretty sweet. How's the sound quality though?

Sound quality was pretty much right on the money last I used it.

You need v1.42n to play online/network though. If you are already using Wii VC, then stay with that. I'd only use zSNES for the online playing. Even then you can only do it with one other person at a time.

Posted by Sr. Arrogant Bastard

best is ZSNES

Posted by Andrew33

How come no one goes out and buys themself a dam wii or a snes?I will share my secret.Go to Goodwill and people actually sell their systems there without getting money back.I got all my old systems there.

Posted by n64 man

The main difference between snes9x & zsnes is that with zsnes, you can't freely move your mouse around while playing a game until you hit escape. However with the snes9x, your mouse isn't "trapped" while playing roms.

Posted by Klarth

[url]www.pantsemulation.com[/url] is a wonderful repository of rom files.

[quote]The main difference between snes9x & zsnes is that with zsnes, you can't freely move your mouse around while playing a game until you hit escape. However with the snes9x, your mouse isn't "trapped" while playing roms.
I've just tested that under OS X and Windows and neither platform gives me this problem. Cursor's invisible until you drag it to the window's edge, though.

Considering that, why would you want to move your mouse around without hitting esc anyway? Escape key pauses the emu.