Windows VS Nintendos

Posted by WillisGreeny

Which market is expanding with greater speed in gamers. Consoles or Computers?

Posted by Xero

I'd say consoles. Computers have very popular games, but there aren't that many on the market while as there are many consoles (360, PS3 and Wii) who came out not so long ago and are making a lot of games to keep their customers happy.

Yeah I'm pretty sure consoles are expanding more.

Posted by WillisGreeny

It also helps that computer games are cross platformed to consoles more often than console games to computers.

Posted by emoposer9

I think that they are equal. While consoles are much more widely advertised and recognized, computers have just as much popularity without all of the necessary hype.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

PC as a platform isn't looking too hot right now. Developers are shying away from it (sup, Epic) because pretty much every game coming out for it is a flop due to piracy.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Computer = RTS
Console = Everything Else

Posted by Poco

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: PC as a platform isn't looking too hot right now. Developers are shying away from it (sup, Epic) because pretty much every game coming out for it is a flop due to piracy.

no, epic makes a crappy game and cliffy *****itis says WAHHHHHHHH R GAME SUCKS Y U NOT BUY and blames it on pc game snot being popular

PC GAMING FOREVER

Posted by Poco

Quoting Dr. Rockso: Computer = RTS
Console = Everything Else

YES I LOVE USING CONTROL STICKS IN MY FPS HALOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOO

Posted by Synth2012

Consoles are expanding faster and going in many different directions, offering variety, while PCs are offering more of the same. A lot of good stuff, but nothing too different as of late.

It's also harder to keep up with the technology to play the latest, greatest PC games, however if you run out and buy the latest console you're set for a good while. I remember when the computer I'm sitting at right now could play everything that came out flawlessly, now it's pretty much sucking the big one and my brand new laptop does the computer gaming.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I've given up on updating my PC. PC hardware just gets too expensive to keep updating after a certain point, eventually making it cheaper to buy a whole new system every few years. Because of that, It's much cheaper to be a console gamer, though it looks like consoles that are competing for the best graphics are starting to slip into higher costs aswell. (I'm looking at you, PS3)

Quoted post: no, epic makes a crappy game and cliffy *****itis says WAHHHHHHHH R GAME SUCKS Y U NOT BUY and blames it on pc game snot being popular

Except it doesn't seem to be only affecting Epic. People are pirating the **** out of PC games.

As for keeping up with the technology, companies are starting to produce powerful, but cheap graphics cards so it's easier for people to keep up with PC gaming.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'd still say consoles are geting the better end of the deal with the cheaper cards, since companies that buy large quantities of the best graphic cards get a discount per card (buying in bulk princable). However, with the jumps in technology these days, that edge gets narrowed down as graphic card prices drop quaterly. Idk, When consoles are first released they seem like the best buy, but on the 2nd year of that console's life a new PC might be the better buy, graphicaly speaking. I wonder if someone has made a table of numbers to show this? I'm really curious.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Except it doesn't seem to be only affecting Epic. People are pirating the **** out of PC games.

As for keeping up with the technology, companies are starting to produce powerful, but cheap graphics cards so it's easier for people to keep up with PC gaming.

9600 Gt is close to 100 bux less then a nintendo wii

Yeah, that's the one I'm thinking of if I recall. Recently announced/came out, right? Pretty good deal and it's what companies should start looking at. Cheaper means more people will buy it. Same profit in the end.

Posted by WillisGreeny

That was Nintendo's problem when designing their first console, making the hardware cheap enough to compete against computers. Obviously that challenge hasn't left.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, that's the one I'm thinking of if I recall. Recently announced/came out, right? Pretty good deal and it's what companies should start looking at. Cheaper means more people will buy it. Same profit in the end.

yeah apparently it falls just below the 8800 gt

Posted by Webby

I would say console is a way to go. Although I mostly use PC for games. (The real reason I don't have any of the newer consoles. I own a NES, a SNES, a Sega MegaDrive, and a PlayStation). But I feel games are way too better on consoles than PC. even I have a extremely buffed PS for games.

Posted by Skyway

console cuaseit game bin out long....but i like pc games more

Posted by Apathetic

DOES EMULATION BRING A NEW VIEW INTO THIS TOPIC?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=WillisGreeny;760627]Which market is expanding with greater speed in gamers. Consoles or Computers?

Thanks to Nintendo I'd say consoles. PC has a good casual thing going on too, but I reckon Wii and DS have caused bigger growth. If you're talking about hardcore gamers I'd say the PC market is actually shrinking.