hello

Posted by Stalolin

i am a legal adult who rents a house who enjoys booze and other drugs who has no motivation at all to get a job who is quickly running out of funds

what do i do?

this is an advice website, right

Posted by Dexter

Find the motivation. I suggest Kaleido Star. It's full of motivation and inspiration. Work lately has been fun and easy for me. Once you get involved, it isn't as bad as you built it up to be.

Posted by Roger Smith

Every time I remember that I'm older then Lolin I ****ing bol.

Posted by Linko_16

I'm right there with you, buddy, minus the booze and drugs. I just can't push myself to get a job.

Posted by Arcadios

Working with my dad since 13 in an automobile repair shop basically makes everything else look pretty **** easy. My friend's been trying to get me a job at the grocery store he works in. He kept asking his employer to get me a job interview just recently till she remembered my name. She said she'd promise me an interview by the end of the week. Hopefully everything will run smooth.

Why not ask a friend for a reference?

Posted by nich

I was actually going to say exactly what linko said. But, Dex is right, once you have a job it isn't too bad. You're rarely bored when you get a job. The problem comes when trying to get said job. It's pretty much not worth it, in my opinion of course.

Posted by Xero

Quoting nich: I was actually going to say exactly what linko said. But, Dex is right, once you have a job it isn't too bad. You're rarely bored when you get a job. The problem comes when trying to get said job. It's pretty much not worth it, in my opinion of course.

My thoughts are exactly yours.

I love working because I'm rarely bored there. Make new friends, talk to people, do my stuff, make money.

I hate looking for jobs because it's a lot of walking around and interviews (stress) and sometimes you hope that you get the spot, but you don't get the call and you're all disppointed. Etc.
But thank *** for my friend who told me that his company was looking for people. After 3 weeks of running around, I got myself one. I had a serious lack of money. Great timing.

Just do it, lolin. No matter how lazy you are, tell yourself how much you'll enjoy your booze more after a long shift at work ;)

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting nich: I was actually going to say exactly what linko said. But, Dex is right, once you have a job it isn't too bad. You're rarely bored when you get a job. The problem comes when trying to get said job. It's pretty much not worth it, in my opinion of course.

Quoting Sucre:
I hate looking for jobs because it's a lot of walking around and interviews (stress) and sometimes you hope that you get the spot, but you don't get the call and you're all disppointed. Etc.
But thank *** for my friend who told me that his company was looking for people. After 3 weeks of runing around, I got myself one. I had a serious lack of money. Great timing.

Just do it, lolin. No matter how lazy you are, tell yourself how much you'll enjoy your booze more after a long shift at work ;)

Yeah, pretty much it. Trying to get a job sucks. Having a job is good. Like the C&C song goes, Just Do It ^_^

Posted by Ant

Quoting Stalolin: i am a legal adult who rents a house who enjoys booze and other drugs who has no motivation at all to get a job who is quickly running out of funds

what do i do?

this is an advice website, right

don't kill yourself like SOME PEOPLE.

Posted by Linko_16

Jesus, I don't know what you guys are talking about. Barely matters what you're doing, fulfilling some lousy task for hours on end is the most mind-numbing and irritating experience. Even given the fun I might have at the very beginning, getting to know nice coworkers and learning what to do, I'm having a hard time thinking of a job that I can get without a degree in anything that I won't hate in six months.

Come to think of it, I can barely think of a job I can get with a degree in something that I won't hate in six months.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Well, this thread is depressing.

Best way to make moneys? Open a computer repair shop. Learning to repair/modify computers is easy (read: doesn't require a degree), and you can play off the stupidity of others. The computer store near where I live charges

Posted by Xero

Quoting Linko_16:
Come to think of it, I can barely think of a job I can get with a degree in something that I won't hate in six months.

Well we all get tired of our job eventually. I know I hated my bag boy job after 5-6 months and yet I stayed 20 months in those grocery stores. The idea of having to look for another job after is enough to make me stay until I can't take it anymore.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

X beat me to it. Repairing and building computers guarantees you a nice salary with, really, not a whole lot of work involved. After a couple weeks everything becomes second nature and it's smooth sailing on a nice wad of money.

Posted by Poco

[QUOTE=The X;760306]Well, this thread is depressing.

Best way to make moneys? Open a computer repair shop. Learning to repair/modify computers is easy (read: doesn't require a degree), and you can play off the stupidity of others. The computer store near where I live charges

software side is usually running a virus scanner, reformatting, and installing windows updates. pretty simple

Posted by Poco

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: software side is usually running a virus scanner, reformatting, and installing windows updates. pretty simple

welp im now open for business

Posted by KoH

Who the **** is 'Sucre?'

My advice: Steal or take hits for the mafia. Better yet, join the mafia.

Posted by Kit

Quoting KoH: Who the **** is 'Sucre?'

Xero.

I'm actually surprised computer repair is as simple as this thread makes it out to be. I knew it made money, but...wow, I'd consider it.

Well, what do you expect? A lot of people are completely clueless about computers and barely know how to run a virus scanner properly (or even know such a thing exists,) and that's usually what the problem is, a virus or some sort of spyware. Beyond that, there's just a bunch of ****ups you can't fix without reformatting the drive. Of course there's going to be more difficult problems, but that's not all that common. The most frustrating part of having is crack open the case and see what components they have to download drivers, and even that's not a big deal once you do it enough and learn where to look.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Advice: stop smoking/drinking/etc for a while, get a job that you can at least tolerate for a while (even if the pay isnt stellar) and spend some time in the "real" world. that should help.

I guess failing that, you could always become an hero or something.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Lord of Spam;762554]Advice: stop smoking/drinking/etc for a while, get a job that you can at least tolerate for a while (even if the pay isnt stellar) and spend some time in the "real" world. that should help.

THE NAVY'S CHANGED YOU, MAN

Posted by Lord of Spam

22 days until im 21

im still me :cool:

Posted by Ant

I keep forgetting that I'm older than you. lol

Posted by Slade

Whoa, I thought LoS was 22 or something. ant if age was number of fists you could win, just barely

@Lolin: I'm kind of struggling with the whole "get started out in the real world" thing... It's pretty hard right now for me to will myself into getting a job, and I know it'd be really **** hard if I was currently enjoying substances. So I'm putting that off until things are running smoothly. Look at it this way: sitting on your *** will be just that much more enjoyable if you're working most of the time. ...At least it works that way for me. Having nothing to do kind of wears down on me, and I spend less time actually enjoying myself.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, something as simple as passing out in a not even that comfortable bed can be ****ing heaven if youve worked hard enough for it. plus, youll have money!

Posted by Stalolin

Good news!

I've started applying to jobs, and hope to work somewhere decent soon until I can get back into the college thing.

wish me luck plz

Posted by Xero

You got all my luck dude. Where did you apply so far?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Luck.

(Preferably of the good kind.)