DS Download Station, finally!! (and more)

Posted by Drewboy64

http://gonintendo.com/?p=26945 DS Demos via Wii, yes!

And all that other WiiWare look amazing. Like that Crystal Chronicles "mini"game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Someone's gonna have to explain this to me, cuz I had no idea what was going on there.

Posted by Ant

You can download demos onto your DS from the Wii. Original titles finally coming out for the VC(aka XBOX ARCADE)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Ant;760103]XBOXAWESOME THIS IS ALMOST AS GOOD AS THAT TIME I PLAYED FOOTBALL SHOOTAN 08 AT DAKOTA'S KEGGER YEAH AIUGGHGIGHGUGUUGHGH

One of the first original titles is... Dr Mario? jee wizz

Posted by Ant

What's wrong with Dr. Mario?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It's not a very fun puzzle game. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

One of the first titles also happens to be Final Fucking Fantasy.

Posted by Ant

Quoting The X: It's not a very fun puzzle game. :(

you're not a very fun puzzle game.

Quoting Speedfreak: One of the first titles also happens to be Final Fucking Fantasy.

too bad it has CRYSTAL CHRONICLES in the name. it'll most likely be "meh"

Posted by Speedfreak

Crystal Chronicles doesn't necessarily mean gameplay just like the GC game, as the new CC for Wii has proven. Crystal Chronicles is just the name of the FF series on Nintendo consoles.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The only time I ever had fun with Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube was when I had all my buddies around to play. Otherwise, it sucked ***.

Posted by Speedfreak

Sorta like saying "the only time I had fun with game X was when the machine was turned on", the title was made for multiplayer. It has the same sub-title and universe but different gameplay. Let's leave it at that.

This is going to be great, though. Wii Ware will be a haven for indy devs like Suda 51. The Star Soldier remake/sequel looks great, too. Can't wait to see what these 100 other games are. I'd love it if Pac-man CE made it to Wii Ware, it'd save me another reason to splash out a ton of money to get a 360.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Speedfreak: Sorta like saying "the only time I had fun with game X was when the machine was turned on", the title was made for multiplayer.

I don't need 3 of my friends to come over inorder to turn on my machine. That's a weak comparison.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=WillisGreeny;760444]I don't need 3 of my friends to come over inorder to turn on my machine. That's a weak comparison.

I was likening the fact that Crystal Chronicles was made for multiple players to the fact that most games are made for machines you have to turn on. As in, without getting multiple players/turning the machine on you won't have fun.

...just forget it, nevermind.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Speedfreak: Sorta like saying "the only time I had fun with game X was when the machine was turned on", the title was made for multiplayer. It has the same sub-title and universe but different gameplay. Let's leave it at that.

**** right. I was playing FFCC with my brohter and cousin, and it was really fun.

But yeah, considering FFCC's coming out for WiiWare, I look forward to seeing what else will be released. Iwata did say there were 100 proposals for games or something.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Speedfreak: I was likening the fact that Crystal Chronicles was made for multiple players to the fact that most games are made for machines you have to turn on. As in, without getting multiple players/turning the machine on you won't have fun.

...just forget it, nevermind.

So what you're saying is that the first Crystal Chronicles wasn't as fun during solo play than multi? Sorry, I was confused with your comparison of how turning on the machine and needing more than yourself... Your right, let's just forget it :D

Posted by protomanv4

Um, I feel a little stupid asking this but, what is Wii ware?

Posted by Speedfreak

Wii Ware is Nintendo's name for original games that you download to Wii as opposed to old games available in Virtual Console.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

It would be interesting if you could download VC games to your DS through this. I think you would probably need a special cart for the DS, though, to store the games on. Too bad.

Posted by crelda

How do you think DS makes DS download play work? They would just do that but getting your stuff from your Wii. Though you would have to keep your DS on if you don't want to lose it. Same as it was for the GBA for a game i can't remember and animal crossings island thing. Though in standby mode you can keep a fully charged DS on for about a week (If i recall it said 1 or 2 weeks in the New Super Mario Bros). Its not as inconvenient as one might think.