Shallow much?

Posted by S

[quote="Craig's List"][quote="25 Year old Gold Digger"]What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote][COLOR=black] Since when did our culture become so *** **** stupid, obsessed over currency and materialistic gains? [/COLOR]It isn't. We're always looking at isolated cases in a country with a population of 301,000,000 people. Sure, everyone wants to earn good money, but the majority of people still have strong moral values. It's just that every so often you get a bad apple.

Posted by Degeneration

[quote][i]- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east
side so plain? I

Posted by Zeta

Loss of morals? I blame that rap music young folk listen to these days. Why, back in my day...

Posted by Arcadios

Craig's List.....I feel sorry for those people who have to go as low as going on that site for dates yet think they're incredibly stupid for doing the very same thing.
[spoiler]Wow, Zeta posting in the war board? [/spoiler]

Posted by WillisGreeny

[QUOTE=S

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

I have one thing to say about this, and only one thing: "America, the Beautiful."

Posted by Ant

Quoting Kendra, Warrior Babe: I have one thing to say about this, and only one thing: "America, the Beautiful."

wow, that's like so poetic, I mean...wow...

Regardless, she's just your typical *****. She's just more vocal about than most women.

Posted by Sable Wind

I really thought the whole thing was nothing short of satirical, the reply to it even more so, and even if it wasn't, I wouldn't care. People like things, have always liked things, and will always like things. Look back on history. People have been wastefully consuming pretty things--living and not--since the time of the Greeks. And that's just the first one that came to mind. I'm sure there's an occurrence earlier too.

So, all and all, doesn't bother me, just makes me laugh.

Posted by Omni

She's an idiot. I laughed at the reply, because it's fair and true.

Posted by Shade

I lol'd hard when he went on about her being a depreciating asset. Good times.

Posted by mis0

I'm not sure if a person like that is even an "asset". Who wants to date an ignorant ******* to begin with, let alone "lease" one?

Posted by Dexter

I honestly think she's got an interesting personality and I may just take her up on such an offer. Of course one would have to date first and marry later. Really, though, I've always attracted the gold digger types and I've always been attracted to that aspect of their lifestyle. I like spoiling them. Must be the mother in me.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Dex, I don't think that's healthy to go after gold digger types. They'll slowely kill you for the insurence money.

Posted by Dexter

It's easier for me to trust someone when I understand them and their angle. People who don't understand what they want or who they are aren't easy for me to trust. They're actually dangerous because they have too much to prove, to themselves and to others. They'll do eccentric, perilous things to try to understand themselves and figure out their lives and where they stand in it. It's a habit often seen in children going through their self-discovery stage.

Posted by S

And Gold-diggers are people that lack said self-awareness, and will eventually go through that stage - should their mind ever open even in the slightest. A horrible existance, I'd wager, if they don't however. Not someone I'd ever want to spend my life with.

Posted by Dexter

Why would gold-diggers lack self-awareness? It's true that everyone will lack self-awareness to some degree, but at least gold-diggers know what they‘re looking for in a relationship, which is better to me than someone who has absolutely no idea. I say it's better to at least have an idea than uncertainty. What stage is there to go through if they've already decided what they want and how is their mind so closed when they've realized their desires?

Posted by S

When desires lack substance, are they true desires or insecurities? There's a plethora wrong with girls like that, even more so than people that are unsure of that they want.

Posted by Dexter

Money is a true, understandable desire. Many people desire it. With her, she's found that it is someone that makes her happy. She's discovered that for herself, which shows that she is aware of herself to at least some degree and her desires. From what I gather, she also cares about what people think of her, especially when it comes to financial standards. Her parents probably brought her up in such a fashion. She's aware of where she'd like to live. She wants to live an upper class lifestyle. She wants a husband who has a respectable, high-paying job. She's big on image. There are many easy-to-spot desires she has which gives you a handle on the situation which makes it easier to control, which is a desire of my own. I like control, probably because I trust myself with it. I also like a girl who cares about her image. How do I get in contact with this woman?

Posted by S

Something about the fact that the "love" in a relationship is tentative on another person's career, most specifically an income level and/or superficial image, does not sit well with me. Maybe it's the fact I'm the starving artist type, but hey, to each their own.

Posted by Dexter

Part of me, probably the egotistical part, is convinced that once the relationship started to bloom with the initiating ingredients included, a wonderful, perhaps even an amazingly romantic relationship would develop. I'm a decently likable guy, who's fun, smart, and fairly attractive for her (and of course the moneys), and she sounds more interesting than the average girl for me, so it sounds like a good match. Of course I would have to date her for awhile first. I would have to be comfortable with her, practically best friends, and feel that we are at a point where we would never be better off without each other, regardless of the money. Girls change, especially once romantic feelings start to get involved. They feel one way at one time in their lives and another way later on in life. What she wants right now is money, but later on she may desire the love, emotional support, and great communication and friendship that I offer. I would have desires of my own that she would have to meet. Marriage is a lot like a business deal and you better make sure that both parties are going to get what they want or much trouble will arise. It's better they know what they want before you get married.

Posted by Sable Wind

Meh, I'd just prefer to marry for love. ._.

Posted by Dexter

Spoken like a true princess. Love comes later, essentials come first. I wouldn't even get into a serious relationship unless they offered my basic needs and included at least some of my personal desires, therefore I probably wouldn't even get the opportunity to fall in love unless the fundamentals were already present. That's the smart way to go about it. Don't even look for love at first. It doesn't come that quickly anyway.

Posted by Sable Wind

I know what you're saying, but, I just can't be cynical or jaded enough to go thinking about it that way.

Posted by Dexter

It's not cynical. You live and you learn. So many girls these days have a Fairytale idea of love that usually ends in horrible, unfortunate heartbreak. Much of that love that you think you've discovered is simply an infatuation that wears off with time. Love takes a long time, understanding, and dedication and most people rush it and use it far too flippantly, especially the young, inexperienced ones. They have so much love to give and are in a terrible hurry to put it somewhere.

Posted by Degeneration

So Dexter would be entering the relationship in hopes that at some point she'd quit staring at his wallet.

[quote]I dated a business man who makes average around
200 - 250. But that’s where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won’t get
me to central park west.

Gooood luck with that. Prenup get.

I'm sure that one day she'll realize that money isn't everything; I'd think it best to wait until then before even trying. Things seem to go more smoothly when you find someone who likes you primarily for who you are, not what you've got. That's just my perception, though, so do what you want. Just know that if it doesn't work out during the dating process, skip the "let's just be friends" part. There's no money in that.

Posted by Dexter

Get a Prenup no matter what. I don't care who the girl is. If she's offended or argues with you about it, don't even consider that your problem. When your married, you're hopefully going to be supporting her anyway and if she's not appreciative of that then you're in for some serious trouble. If I married a wealthy woman, I would make her set up a Prenup for me. That's just the way it needs to be. That shouldn't even be up for debate. All you Fairytale lovers better get yourselves in the zone of realization fast.

Quoted post:
So Dexter would be entering the relationship in hopes that at some point she'd quit staring at his wallet.

In all likelihood it wouldn't be as bad as you guys are most likely imagining it as. Once she finds that she's living her desired lifestyle and money becomes a common part of her every day life, she'll get over it. Kids will come and her attention will alter to something else. She basically wants the image. She wants to live her dream like the Fairytale girls want to live their dream of finding true love. Both move passed it eventually.

Posted by Sable Wind

lol, Dex, you remind me of this guy in Gone With the Wind, Frank Kennedy, thinking that when Scarlett had kids she'd stop being so brash and obsessed with money, but she never did. She hated kids, anyway...

Posted by Dexter

Funny how you would mention that film because I really did like their relationship. Such strong, interesting characters. Definitely more intriguing and fun than the Hollywood couples we see in films today.

Posted by WillisGreeny

well, I hate gold diggers because they're so static. They don't ever change, and them being so perdictable is what ****es me off. They will be where the money is, and if it involves you or not, that's not what matters.

My opinion of a strong relationship happens when both people realize what makes them happy through the other person. The relationship then becomes an esset of itself, having nothing to do with money. Those who equate happiness with money will never find out what it really means to be happy with just themselves.

It's not a matter of being romantic, infact, love is just as selfish as it is selfless.

Posted by Sable Wind

[quote=Dexter;761240]Funny how you would mention that film because I really did like their relationship. Such strong, interesting characters. Definitely more intriguing and fun than the Hollywood couples we see in films today.

I was talking about the book, actually. In the book, Frank Kennedy wasn't some nameless guy--he married Scarlett O'Hara because she wanted his money, though he didn't know. He was very upset with her headstrong, greedy ways (how unladylike!) and figured if she had a child, she would change. She did have a girl by him, I forget her name, but it was her second child... she didn't like her anymore than she did her son. Frank Kennedy ended up getting killed the night of a "political meeting" which was actually the men participating in the KKK and going out to kill a black man who harassed Scarlett... yeah.

I loved Scarlett and Rhett's relationship. Ugh. The ending of that story upsets me so, because I like happy endings. However, in the book, there's no other way it could have ended.

Posted by Omni

I keep reading the thread title as "Swallow Much?" and laughing.