Mario Kart: Now with motorbikes!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[url=http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=85073]oh jee wizz[/url]

What the hell, guys? I really don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it'll be a new way of playing Mario Kart... on the other hand - motorbikes in Mario Kart.

Posted by Degeneration

I don't know how I feel about it, either. Great addition or greatest addition?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

They saw PGR4 and felt their karts couldn't compete.

Seriously though, uh, weird.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;759973]They saw PGR4 and felt their karts couldn't compete.
ehhhh, the demo is weaksauce. Mario Kart has nothing to fear. :cool:

Posted by Speedfreak

I really don't care all that much about Mario Kart anymore. If bikes make the game more fun then I'm totally okay with it, might come out like a cool Excitebike-like game.

Quoted post: ehhhh, the demo is weaksauce. Mario Kart has nothing to fear.

Just kidding anyways. No one gives a **** about PGR4.

Posted by Arcadios

I really don't know....the Karts themselves are fine the way they are.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[url=http://www.destructoid.com/mario-kart-wii-in-action-you-can-do-tony-hawk-like-flips-now-48501.phtml]video[/url]

Looks like you can do flips now, too.

Posted by Drewboy64

http://gonintendo.com/?p=26947

Nothing wrong with bikes. ROB had a unicycle in Mario Kart DS. And that Half-pipe level looks freaking awesome. Hope they brush up on the graphics a bit, though.

Posted by TendoAddict

Since karts are already in Im all for this. I also hope the have the double kart verson is in.

idk, looks like it needs a lot of work still

Posted by Arcadios

Yea, dosen't look too appealing at the moment.

No music yet either but now I reject the bikes after seeing that video. :(

Posted by Ant

I really like the sound of the item twirling in the item box.

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, they need to update graphics though. Like, make it super mario galaxy kart.

Posted by muffla

yea i dno if i like the bikes or not, i hope the flip stuff is optional, i dnt like it.

Posted by Linko_16

I don't see how bikes could negatively affect the game, so I don't mind at all.

Quoted post: i hope the flip stuff is optional, i dnt like it.

shut up

Posted by WillisGreeny

12 spots instead of 8, interesting they're changing that up aswell.

Posted by Drewboy64

It's awesome that they're adding four extra players. This game better have some Wii LAN action, because that would be insane.

Posted by Zeta

I CAN'T WAIT TO DO SOME 12 PLAYER SNAKING!

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Zeta: I CAN'T WAIT TO DO SOME 12 PLAYER SNAKING!

*** I hate snaking after MK: DS. I seriously hope the don't make it so exploitable this time around.

Posted by Iris

Since the karts are still in, I don't see what the big deal is. It'll probably be like Diddy Kong Racing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Iris;760664]Since the karts are still in, I don't see what the big deal is. It'll probably be like Diddy Kong Racing.

wow, I never noticed the similarity. JUNGLE FALLS! FROSTY VILLAGE!

I need to get good at this Mario Kart. I've always sucked at driving games, unless it's a WARTHOG IN SHOOTAN GAEMZ

DKR ****ing sucked compared to MK64.

Posted by Iris

DKR had worse tracks, but everything else was pretty great.

Posted by Ant

It had flying. F[COLOR="Lime"]u[/COLOR]cking, PLANES.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

First and last enjoyable flying racer. Personally, I think DKR had the better single player, but pathetic multiplayer.

Posted by WillisGreeny

DKR's missiles kicked *** for the planes.

Quoted post: Personally, I think DKR had the better single player, but pathetic multiplayer.

I'll agree. Though I played a ****ing ton of MK64 multi and that was so **** awesome. That alone was better than anything DKR had.

Posted by G-Sides

i never could beat the ****ing pig in dkr though :/ at least i could complete mario kart.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=G-Sides;761381]i never could beat the ****ing pig in dkr though :/ at least i could complete mario kart.
Weird story involving Wizpig actually. I remember when you have your first race against him, and my brother and I simply could not beat him. We were getting ****ed off, screaming at the screen every time he stamped on us or whatever, and it got to so crazy that my grandmother walked in like 'BOYS WHAT IN THE LORD'S NAME IS GOING ON IN HERE'. And we replied with 'jee wizz grandma we can't beat wizpig he's too hard ;_;'. So she was all like 'LET US PRAY'

So yeah, my brother, my grandma and I had a prayer circle asking G0d to help us beat Wizpig.

Posted by Bebop

The DS version had motorbikes, planes and robots. Whats the big deal?

Posted by WillisGreeny

Mario Kart DS had motorbikes and planes? How could I miss that?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=WillisGreeny;761535]Mario Kart DS had motorbikes and planes? How could I miss that?

Just differently-designed karts. The planes couldn't actually fly.

Posted by Speedfreak

How do we know the motorbikes will handle much differently?

Posted by Ant

Quoting The X: Weird story involving Wizpig actually. I remember when you have your first race against him, and my brother and I simply could not beat him. We were getting ****ed off, screaming at the screen every time he stamped on us or whatever, and it got to so crazy that my grandmother walked in like 'BOYS WHAT IN THE LORD'S NAME IS GOING ON IN HERE'. And we replied with 'jee wizz grandma we can't beat wizpig he's too hard ;_;'. So she was all like 'LET US PRAY'

So yeah, my brother, my grandma and I had a prayer circle asking G0d to help us beat Wizpig.

That's a very interesting story. It also made me laugh.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

I am a huge Mario Kart fan. and i personally don't see how the motorbikes could effect the game in a negative way as someone already mentioned. the 12 instead of 8 thing is huge that great news the more karts means the more fun in close races. and the game play for Mario Kart is built around photo-finish racing, being with the item balancing depending on spot position. but with 12 karts this must mean more items!! or at least i would hope because you start to learn what you will get in what spot most of the time on any Mario Kart game after playing it a while. Now just saying photo-finish they should TOTALLY have that as a feature in this game. on close races instead of it just saying you won and your friend being like "oh what the freaking crap sticks!!! i passed you!!" it should go to the photo finish to show who really crossed the line first. i watched countless replays with the very limited camera control on Mario Kart double dash (Personal opinion the best / most competitive Mario Kart out) just trying to figure out who really crossed the line first.

But i am extra-ultra-excited for this game. i have low hopes for the online because i have yet to play a satisfying online game made by Nintendo. but there is hope. then again i have not played much (not that they have much) and would be more than happy to explain why i say this if someone feels that i should.

I will give it to myself on this one i got pretty amazing at MK/DD and i have a very high confidence level at that game i am always stoked to play that when a friend is over and we break out the old skillzz.

One thing i didn't mention are the controls i really would rather just use a gamecube controller so i hope Nintendo reads this sentence.

Posted by Luigi61289

i actually think the online will be ok this time around

It's be OK for sure. MKDS was OK, but I want something a bit more than that.

Posted by Isaac1

I am so excited about Mario Kart for the Wii. Motorbikes will be awsome, more players in a race will make it more competitive, and the Wii Online capabilities will give the game 10 times more replay value than the other Mario Karts. Before online gaming, the only time you could play against another real person was to have your friends over, and that was fun. But now we'll be able to play Mario Kart online against other people, so it will always be a different experience (playing against the computer gets repetitive).

Posted by F1NALSMASH

True but i had a lot of fun running through Mirror Mode all cups on 2 player on Double Dash.

thats what me and my friend did over and over and over just competing in those that really is the best way to determine skill because it also tosses in the random factor with the anything could happen with the computer karts to inter fear with victory and thats simply just a part of Mario kart. sometimes playing for the win was not playing for 1st.

Posted by wiifreak

i will have that game.hey it have motorbikes.mario i'l drive you so much.and i think that wheel for wii be cool but i don't know have it look with bikes see you mario.P.S. i again spend money i don't need it but i want it so i have it.go!kart