Possibly old news, but Metallica's new material...

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

...can be found on YouTube as "The New Song" and "The Other New Song". Both nicknames and not final names, obviously.

It definitely sounds far better than the St. Anger material, but it still sounds to me like just a shadow of Metallica's former selves. The rhythm guitar is not all that great, and James Hetfield just sounds bored with the whole Metallica thing. His voice sounds tired as well. 26 years with the same band will do that to a person, though, and I'm sure they'll get it right with production techniques once the album goes into the studio

The two constants are Kirk Hammett's awesome solos, and Lars sounding like he hasn't lost a step.

The New Song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5k92R7IVbDs

The Other New Song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=GNMzWCOEFfU

Posted by Omni

These have been on YouTube for a long time. I don't like either of them at all.

I figured nobody gave a sh-t enough to know but me (old childhood attachments and whatnot). I guess people really do care :P

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Can't say I'm even going to give this a chance =/

Posted by Omni

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: I guess people really do care :P

Not really. I just happened to see these posted somewhere almost a year ago and listened out of curiosity. My expectations of them being awful were met.

x

[quote=Omni;760413]Not really. I just happened to see these posted somewhere almost a year ago and listened out of curiosity. My expectations of them being awful were met.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;760408]Can't say I'm even going to give this a chance =/
It's actually a lot thrashier than anything they've done since And Justice For All (except for Garage Inc). I figure with the degree they'll change Hetfield's voice in production to make it sound good again, I'll end up liking the studio version. For now, it's the musical equivalent of a butterface - everything's good - but 'er vocals.

The vocals are so prominent in their music too, so ****ty vocals is a big no thanks.

Posted by Omni

I've never been a big fan of his voice anyway, even on the old albums, which I do listen to occasionally. It's tolerable on the older ones, but he sounds weak and constipated on everything now.

Posted by Ilikefluff

if you 2 frackin idiots don't like it then everything else just sucks,

Posted by Omni

The first one is rumored to be called "Death Is Not The End," and the second one is possibly called "Vulturus," and no, that isn't a typo.

Quoted post: if you 2 frackin idiots don't like it then everything else just sucks,

Everything does suck. This is the music board, drrrrrr. faggot.

Posted by G-Sides

and justice for all for life. i refuse to believe any album metallica will put out in the future will ever amount to how good ...ajfa was

Posted by starryeyezmel

I heard that Rick Ruben is producing their new album, is that true?

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Even if he was, it doesn't really matter. Metallica should have called it a day by 1992. Hell, I even enjoyed the Black album despite all it's faults. Everything after that though, just keeps getting progressively worse.