OH NOES, DELAYED?

Posted by Ant

The Japanese Brawl site has confirmed that the game will not be released there until January 24th. And the English site has gone to "TBA". I'm going to guess and say the same is going to happen worldwide. With that said, why would they delay it? My only guesses is to work on the online a bit more, any little tweaks, perhaps add voice chat?

Posted by Linko_16

Slightly disappointing, I dunno why I didn't expect it (this is Nintendo we're talking about). But I guess I don't mind too bad.

Posted by crelda

And I still don't know when Europe's getting the game.
Well i guess it means it cant be delayed 'cus we didn't have a date to begin with.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It could be released in 2011, and my cock would still be hard. I doubt it was gonna be in Europe until next year, anyway.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Well that ****ing sucks. But if it means they're working on online I'll gladly wait an extra bit longer. It definitely needs some improvements from what we've seen.

Posted by Iris

Definitely a dissapointment, but my giddiness isn't going to wear off by then. I won't be complaining.

Posted by Litbut

My friend is happy about the delay. So he can get and finish Super Mario Galaxy and have the money for Brawl. Also he'd be upset if I got Brawl before him instead of the same time as him.

Posted by Arcadios

Kinda expected it to go hand in hand with Sonic's confirmation.

Posted by Jarulara

Yeah but I think it will still be around xmas time.

Posted by maian

...Ugh. This sucks. A lot. Unlike everybody else, this disgusts me and I'm not content in waiting at all. I can't contain my excitement for this game. I've been looking foward to December 3rd for months upon months now. I'll be pretty super ****ed if I have to wait longer. :)

Posted by Ant

Quoting Arcadios: Kinda expected it to go hand in hand with Sonic's confirmation.

there sure are a lot of psychics on vgc

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Jarulara: Yeah but I think it will still be around xmas time.

Yes, because America will probably get it before Japan. I mean, come on, no-brainer.

Posted by Jarulara

Quoting Linko_16: Yes, because America will probably get it before Japan. I mean, come on, no-brainer.

Yeah we was getting before them already..I didn't know we got Super Smash earlier than Japan..I felt special to be in America at that time lol... No in all seriousness they probably threw it back a couple weeks around maybe the 17th of December..hopefully they are fixing up the online mode since it wasn't perfect.

Posted by Degeneration

February 10.

[url=http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826579p1.html]crud[/url]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

oh jeez! Hopefully this means Eurofags will get it around the same time. I'd probably kill myself if I had to log onto VGC and hear you guys talking about how awesome Brawl is while I'm stuck with the just-released-in-Europe Metroid Prime 3.

Now I need to think of a way to break the news to my little brother. He had a whole Smash Bros-centred Christmas event going on.

Posted by Ant

DELAY FOR BRAWL? CONFIRMED!

TOURNAMENT FRIENDLY? YET TO BE DETERMINED.

February isn't too bad. One less game I have to buy this holiday season. See you next year, GTA and Smash!

Posted by Ant

sigh, 4 months seems so far away :(

It is pretty far away :(

Posted by s0ul

So when do you guys think they'll stop doing japan tyme?! With two months left it seemed reasonable, but four more months? What won't they announce?!

Posted by Jarulara

Wow I didn't expect it to be in Feb..but my bday is the 13th so bday gift lol...but I hope they are adding Sora or someone awesome in there..I heard it was either to fix up the online mode alot better or to add more 3rd party characters.

Posted by Ant

The characters would of been completed a long time ago. Tweaks on the online mode however can all be done fairly last minute comparatively.

Posted by Jarulara

Yeah I have to agree with you on that..well I mean if they are fixing it up they should add things like Target Test battles on there and tournament mode.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Jarulara;760690]Sora
[quote]someone awesome
:cookie:

Anyway, as a Eurofag, delays are second nature to me. If this means the online system gets pumped up, I'm fine with it.

Quoted post: but I hope they are adding Sora

You're a ****ing faggot. Shut up.

Posted by Jarulara

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You're a ****ing faggot. Shut up.

How is that so?...At least its not outrageous like Master Chief or someone like that correct?...It's just like asking for Geno or Mega Man...it's possible

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Jarulara;760848]How is that so?...At least its not outrageous like Master Chief or someone like that correct?...It's just like asking for Geno or Mega Man...it's possible

It is outrageous to expect Sora, though. From a technical standpoint, the team would have to get the okay with both Squaresoft and Walt Disney, who have a stake in the Kingdom Hearts IP. Squaresoft are hardly best buddies with Nintendo, either.

Second reason? He's a ****ty character. Snake and Sonic are in there for a reason - like the majority of the Smash Brothers cast, they're instantly recognizable characters for gaming popular culture. Adding a generic JRPG protagonist like Sora would be like casting a Hollywood blockbuster with all the biggest and best actors, then giving a leading role to Ben Affleck.

Posted by Ant

This may sound stupid, but from what I saw on the title screen in some video I watched last night. I looked at all the companies names at the bottom, and I did not see Capcom or Sqauresoft down there. It's highly likely that they could keep that **** secret, but I also saw Konami on the list even though Snake wasn't in the demo. Idk, just a small thing I noticed.

Posted by Jarulara

Quoting The X: It is outrageous to expect Sora, though. From a technical standpoint, the team would have to get the okay with both Squaresoft and Walt Disney, who have a stake in the Kingdom Hearts IP. Squaresoft are hardly best buddies with Nintendo, either.

Second reason? He's a ****ty character. Snake and Sonic are in there for a reason - like the majority of the Smash Brothers cast, they're instantly recognizable characters for gaming popular culture. Adding a generic JRPG protagonist like Sora would be like casting a Hollywood blockbuster with all the biggest and best actors, then giving a leading role to Ben Affleck.

Its not as outrageous as it seems..Sakurai has suggested him for the game along with like 2 other Square characters...Disney loves the Wii so nintendo would have no problem with them and Square..has a few titles for nintendo coming up along with a Kingdom Hearts. Also the Kingdom Hearts composers are in Brawl....so he's just as possible as Mega Man..But maybe he is generic but they added Ice Climbers who did what for Nintendo? Snake may have been begged in but even so his name really was recognized on Playstation just like Sora's..its still possible..But I really think he would fit in well with Brawl..just my opinion though...

PS Sakurai's company is Sora *HINT HINT*;) lmao jk

Posted by Ant

The main composer for Kingdom Hearts also did Super Mario RPG, which I would say has a lot better chance of being incorporated into the game than say KH would.

Posted by Jarulara

Which I'm surprised no one in RPG hasn't been included yet...but also Square Enix will place Mario characters in the upcoming Itadaki Street. Just alot of things would suspect him in.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Jarulara;760879]Sakurai has suggested him for the game along with like 2 other Square characters...
source plz
[quote]Disney loves the Wii
again, source.
[quote]Snake may have been begged in but even so his name really was recognized on Playstation just like Sora's..its still possible..
Sora's a generic, cookie-cut JRPG character, who's only been around since 2003. Of all Squaresoft's main characters, I can think of about four or five who'd be easily more interesting.

Posted by Jarulara

Quoting The X: source plz

With the source of Sakurai's suggestions it was up on his blog there before Dojo came

Quoted post: again, source.

Disney loves the wii:
http://www.wiisworld.com/wii-news/disney-love-wii.html

Quoted post:
Sora's a generic, cookie-cut JRPG character, who's only been around since 2003. Of all Squaresoft's main characters, I can think of about four or five who'd be easily more interesting.

I can think of 3 or 4 as well that would be really better too but just by his suggestions I went with Sora...

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting The X: Second reason? He's a ****ty character. Snake and Sonic are in there for a reason - like the majority of the Smash Brothers cast, they're instantly recognizable characters for gaming popular culture. Adding a generic JRPG protagonist like Sora would be like casting a Hollywood blockbuster with all the biggest and best actors, then giving a leading role to Ben Affleck.

Sora may be a newbie compared to many others, but he's pretty well accepted into the gaming world in general right now. I think after accepting a very un-Nintendo character like Snake into the game, Sora really could be possible.

Not that I'm rootin' for him. I don't think Smash Bros. is suited for a character like Sora.

Posted by Slade

I would be ****ed purely because he's such a pussy. Keep that **** out of my smash.

Posted by Linko_16

Erm, yeah, that's pretty much what I meant: even if including Sora in Smash Bros would attract a new, untapped audience, it'd alienate the kind of audience they already have.

Posted by WillisGreeny

hey guys, let's not forget that if Sora gets put in Smash that we can then beat the **** out of him. :D Still good.

Posted by Slade

Nope. The same has been tried with Carrot Top. IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY

Posted by Dexter

Doesn't bother me much considering all the other games coming out recently. It better be online, or I announce major failure.

Posted by Zeta

Wifi has already been confirmed. Pay more attention to the site updates.

Posted by Dexter

No.

Although I did read something about it on the site but they made it sound as though it was more for leaderboards and stat shearing and not exactly playable activity.

Posted by Linko_16

There is forced anonymous and you don't get stats. Either pay attention or don't complain.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Dexter;761000]Although I did read something about it on the site but they made it sound as though it was more for leaderboards and stat shearing and not exactly playable activity.

oh wow...

It's quite the opposite.

Admittedly, the online is pretty ****ing lame and might as well just be leaderboards.

Also, sora is one of the worst characters every created.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Admittedly, the online is pretty ****ing lame and might as well just be leaderboards.

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Ant;761290]BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I will be too when I can't ****ing chat with the people I'm playing.

xbox live and PC gaming have spoiled me. :(

Posted by Ant

HOPEFULLY WITH THE DELAY THIS MIGHT BE FIXED?!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I don't mean to sound like a foil-hat conspiracy theorist, but I'm beginning to come round to the idea that Brawl was moved to post-Christmas so that the demand for Wiis doesn't go ALPHA MAXIMUM. Reggie is always talking about how they can't meet demand at the holiday season, and Brawl would just make things worse.

Posted by Ant

seems logical enough to me.

Posted by Dexter

Super Mario Strikers Charged is a fun game online, but without vocal opportunity, it doesn't hold my interest for long. Playing games is a huge social deal with me. I enjoy communicating with my friends and family and even strangers while playing against or with them. I thought there was some sort of vocal device coming soon for the Wii?

Posted by Ant

I think Nintendo said it was coming somewhere down the line? They ****ed up though by not having it out by now though. These things aren't that hard to work on.

Quoted post: Reggie is always talking about how they can't meet demand at the holiday season,

Oh come the **** on. They can meet demand no problem. It's gamecube technology.

Posted by Iris

Uh, they may not have a problem meeting demand in 2009, but even now, outside the holiday season, they're scarce as hell in any store. Production has to be the problem.

They can meet demand if they wanted to.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Oh come the **** on. They can meet demand no problem. It's gamecube technology.

Those parts don't fit!

You'll notice they do fit. The circle peg is in the circle hole, the triangle peg is in the triangle hole and the square peg is about to be inserted in the square hole.

THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT

Posted by WillisGreeny

oh... I was holding it backwards.

Posted by ArchAngel4434

I heard it was being delayed until january, but im stilled ****ed off all the same

Posted by Linko_16

You heard wrong, because it's February. Early February, though.

Posted by CS Ryan

At least there's one good reason it releases later. I have more time to get that blasted console.

Posted by karateteen14

you know, i don't have a wii and i wasn't planning on getting one but super smash bros. brawl sounds like so much fun i might just get one

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Ok get a Wii right now!!! I want you to run out side right now before the stores close and find one!!! Also it has been delayed for like 2 months now! I really couldn't understand you, because of your grammer.

Quoted post: I want you to run out side right now before the stores close and find one!!!

Yeah, because that's possible.

Posted by Ant

http://kotaku.com/343267/smash-bros-brawl-pushed-to-march

SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Thank ***.

Posted by Ant

THANK G[COLOR="Lime"]O[/COLOR]D?! OR A[COLOR="Lime"]S[/COLOR]S?

IN EITHER CASE WHY?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

PUSH IT BACK TO Q4 2008

Quoted post: THANK ***?! OR ***?

IN EITHER CASE WHY?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?

I don't have a wii =[ This gives me some extra time to find one.

Posted by Arcadios

****ING MAYBE
I hope they don't and if they do we need a crowd pleasing secret character revealed like when they confirmed Sonic along with a delay.

Posted by Zeta

Well, Kirby did throw that delay grenade a few weeks back...

Posted by Malevolence

Disappointing, but not surprised. The February release was less definite than the Dec 3rd one, and that date was later invalid.

I agree with Arc. If they do plan on delaying it, we better see some character reveal that most would not expect.

OMGMAYBE IT CULD BE SORA?

Posted by Iris

The "gone gold" rumor was proven false, so it's possible that we'll have a delay. I think it's a bit too close though.

Posted by Arcadios

What was the "Gone Gold" rumor?

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Arcadios: What was the "Gone Gold" rumor?

Gone gold meaning it was finished and was ready to be printed onto disc's.

Quoted post: I think it's a bit too close though.

Many games have been delayed very close to release. Back when Ninja Gaiden was in development it was delayed a month one week before it hit the shelves.

Posted by maian

"According to the swirling mists of internet rumor"

...Stopped reading there.

Posted by Ant

I'm gonna laugh if it ends up being true then.

after weeping for about an hour beforehand.

Posted by maian

I'm just going to weep uncontrollably.

I'll feel relieved.

Posted by Ant

*** ****, no. shut up.

I'll be slightly disappointed for you guys. But at this rate I still can't find a Wii. And I don't want to know I have the ability to play it, I'm just unable to. That'd suck.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Malevolence: I agree with Arc. If they do plan on delaying it, we better see some character reveal

Well, Capcom did say they'd be happy to put up Mega Man if it wasn't too late. FOR THAT I WOULD WAIT.

Part of me is still in denial about that.

downloadable content

Posted by Ant

on wii? lol

shame, isn't it?

Posted by Ant

nintendo should port it over to the xbox. and I mean the original, not the 360, that would be a ****ing waste.

well, it does officially have shootan now, so it's more possible than ever!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I guess that means we'll be getting it over here in September 2103 rather than August 2103! jee wizz.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Linko_16: Well, Capcom did say they'd be happy to put up Mega Man if it wasn't too late. FOR THAT I WOULD WAIT.

Part of me is still in denial about that.

I thought it was just Keiji Inafune who said that? I'd be happier if Capcom, the company had said that. As far as I know, though, is that Inafune really isn't in the power to determine whether or not MM can be thrown into Brawl.

I could be wrong though, this is just something I read about last night.

Posted by Arcadios

[IMG]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/ArcadiosZero/9dc09a13.png[/IMG]
IT IS INEVITABLE

Posted by Red

LOL!

he'd be my new main and as much as I'd love it. I'd hate the fact that Megaman would be on a ****ty console :(

I bet $10 that it gets delayed and MM gets announced. any takers?

No. You're a gigantic faggot.

Posted by Ant

Quoting maian: "According to the swirling mists of internet rumor"

...Stopped reading there.

WHAT? WHAT WAS THAT?! Yeah, maybe next time you'll continue reading from there.

I should definitely have a Wii by then.

Posted by Iris

...*******it.

Posted by Stalolin

good news guys, now we have more japan time to look forward too

Posted by Ant

I'm wondering if it'll stop once it's released in Japan.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

March 9. Oh jeez... Guess we're looking at a January release for Europe!

Posted by Iris

What the hell? It was only delayed a week in Japan!

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, that's the only thing about it that really annoys me... what had to be changed such that we have to get it a whole month after Japan now?

No offense, Europe.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

HOW DARE THEY MAKE YOU GUYS WAIT A WHOLE MONTH

Posted by The Judge

Shut the hell up. We deserve it more than you.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://www.deadlikeme.it/images/attori/simpson.jpg[/IMG]

... We saved your arses in World War III.

Posted by Iris

There'd better be American exclusives or else I'm going to kick localization's ***.

Posted by maian

Time to go weep uncontrollably, then.