SONIC THREAD.

Posted by Ant

So beyond the fact of my joyful nerd-like glee. I'm very happy that Sonic is going to be a playable character in Brawl.

[LIST]
[*]His Final Smash seems pretty ****ing obvious.

[*]His forward B appears to be a straight up roll, kind of like a combination of jigglypuffs roll and fox's forward and b

[*]His down throw is a lot like jigglypuff.

[*]His down+a I'm guessing is that spike down kick(kind of like Jam in GGXX)

[*]Stage wise I'm not too sure, Green Hill would pretty jawsome, all old-school style.
[/LIST]

That's all I could think of. THOUGHTS, GUESSES?

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Linko_16: BASTARD **** **** *** ***** ****** TITS JESUS ****

THIS IS AWESOME, I WAS CONVINCED YESTERDAY THAT IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE AT THIS POINT.

If I'd been more optimistic about it, I'd have been convinced simply by the Mario and Sonic Olympics game.

Quoting Linko_16: Even better, they seem to rely on his classic moves. My pessimist side rose once again to say, "yeah, but they'll probably try to use attacks and moves based on his lousy new games; you can trust Nintendo to preserve their characters' heritage, but Sega'll probably have it all ****ed up." Nope, looks like it's sum classic spinning and jumping action, plus some necessary punches/kicks.

Oh man, I can't wait for Tails. Maybe even Knuckles.

No other observations, but I thought to myself that during Super Sonic transformation, he really ought to have a ring counter in the upper-right that wears down until he's out. More for the nostalgia than the "timer" function.

EDIT - I like the music selection in the video. Despite what I said about new Sonic games, I did like Adventure 2 a whole lot. The very last good 3D Sonic game, in my opinion. And I did like that song.

Posted by crelda

I think Sonics down and B is the straight down kick. Its sort of like C.Falcons and Ganondorfs but more verticle.

Posted by Linko_16

Oh, yeah, I agree. I just assumed Ant had that on the list since it was intuitive to me, didn't notice it wasn't there.

EDIT - Oh, wait. He does have it on there. I just didn't notice it because I haven't played Guilty Gear and didn't know what he was talking about. My first association was actually with Viewtiful Joe's "Red Hot Kick"

Now that I think of it, if that is the case, it'll be really irritating when I want to do a Spin Dash, but it's not down-and-jump (or in this case, attack) like it is in the old games.

Posted by Ant

Eh, I'm thinking down+a. His down+b could still be the slam bounce.

Posted by Zeta

I noticed the classic spring bounce noise was made at some point when Sonic was going up into the air.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Sonic spring as an item? WANT

A Green Hill Zone stage, with bumpers and a loop, would be jawesome.

Posted by Pit

LIVE AND LEARN!

Posted by S

I think I found a new main. I'm not much for fanboyism, but maybe that's because my original system died out a long time ago. Sonic was my favorite, its just a shame what they did to him. I'm really excited about this.

Posted by Pit

Now we just need Little Mac and Megaman X

Posted by S

Give me Lenneth and I'll die a happy man.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Mega Man and Simon Belmont, aaaaaaand we're done. Master Chief would be an impossible achievement, but he was probably my favourite character in DOA4.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Nicole*

She*

that wasn't master chief. Speaking of DOA though... ****, this games needs Ryu.

Posted by Pit

Quoting The X: Mega Man and Simon Belmont, aaaaaaand we're done. Master Chief would be an impossible achievement, but he was probably my favourite character in DOA4.

Spartan.

There's 125 of them, Master Chief is only one of them.

There's only, like, four of them left. And three of them are stuck in a slipspace bubble.The rest are crippled or dead.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

i came

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Pit: Now we just need Little Mac and Megaman X

I'd prefer Classic Megaman. :(
But yea, pretty ****ing great that Sonic's in but I read somewhere that the director of Brawl said that he was gonna have like...a maximum of 3 third part characters aside from Snake. I hope that **** was made up, srsly.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]Simon Belmont

Too bad Nintendo probably wouldn't let Konami have 2 representatives. :(

**** Snake.

Also, guess it did show the spring for a fraction of a second.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/BOING.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Zeta: Too bad Nintendo probably wouldn't let Konami have 2 representatives. :([/IMG]

If they're going to make a deal for one, it'd be easy to include a few more. As long as there aren't, like, ten, I'm sure Nintendo would have no complaints.

Posted by Iris

That spring looks like it pops up out of nowhere. Probably a third jump?

Posted by Linko_16

I had the 3D games' Homing Attack pegged as an ^B "third jump," but that's a possibility, too. It might even be a second jump.

Posted by Ant

naw, only third.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Iris;760176]That spring looks like it pops up out of nowhere. Probably a third jump?

PSYCHIC PREDICTION IS CORRECT

Live and Learn!

Posted by Mkamzng1

i was thinking his forward+A would be the homing attack.

Posted by ArchAngel4434

Every time someone mentions Sonic, my friend, Phantom75230, starts spazing about how ****ed he is that he's gonna be in breawl, and how bad that sucks. But Sonic is an old game, and a classic. I dont know why he hates sonic, but its starting to get pretty fukkin annoying. Personally, i think its pretty cool that sonic will be in brawl.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting ArchAngel4434: But Sonic is an old game, and a classic. I dont know why he hates sonic, but its starting to get pretty fukkin annoying.

Maybe he's associating him with his ****ty, more recent games? I couldn't blame him in that case, but the Sonic in Brawl is true to his roots/

Except visual-wise. But I guess it would've been weird to have him as the fat hedgehog we all love.