Do you ever type what your hear?

Posted by Jarulara

Like you on a whole different project writing about Napoleon or something.. and lets say your little brother is talking about Zelda or something in the back and your listening and writing at the same time...and you go and write something like this:

Well Napoleon fought Zelda at the battle of Waterloo and it was the defeat of Link after a supreme run at dictatorship.

Just random not trying to make sense...but does that ever happen to you or is it only me?...

Posted by Linko_16

I can't think of any examples, but it's happened to me. You map a sentence out in your mind, you go to type it, some other thought pops in there somehow and ends up in the sentence.

Posted by Omni

I don't remember doing this, though I make other mistakes.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Yeah, I've done that once or twice. I remember I was instant messaging someone, and I started typing the dialog from the tv show "Scrubs".

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah sometimes when I'm typing on Sonic is in Brawl holy **** I sometimes makes mistakes.

Posted by Xero

It happened to me a few times. Although I didn't get confused with what I heard, but with what I thought. When I start typing, I don't pay much attention with what's around me.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Negative. Though I often type completely different words for no raisin.

Posted by mis0

Very guilty here if I'm halfway paying attention to the other thing. I always proofread important stuff because I do it frequently.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

I do that on AIM. When I begin to doze off at the PC, I'll go into dream mode before falling asleep, leading to me typing VERY strange things on AIM.

Posted by S

When I'm talking and typing, sometimes I'll type what I meant to say and say what I meant to type. It's rare but it happens on occasion.

Posted by Xenos

Happens to me ALL the time. I was typing something on AIM to someone and I was listening to CNN. I don't remember exactly but it went something like this: "Love you and the V-Tech murderer ..."

Embarrassing.

Posted by Philsdad

Yeah, I definitely do this sometimes. Usually when I'm on the phone and IMing someone at the same time, I'll end up typing what I'm saying on the phone instead of what I'm supposed to be typing pertaining to the IM conversation.

Posted by Slade

I only rarely do that, but much more often I type whatever I'm thinking about instead of what I mean to type. Usually just replace a word or two, and almost always catch it before I hit enter.

Posted by Trigger

I do that sometimes, usually when someone is talking to me and I know that I better be listening to what they've said. I'm really rather quick at noticing that I'm typing out either what they said, or my response to what they said before I IM it to someone on accident

Posted by Nazo

Yes-No joke, I was talking to my mom once on AIM, and I had the TV up pretty loud. (She was on vacation at her girlfriends house in Ohio.) She IM's me and says, "Hey boy." I was about to say, 'What are ya'll up to?' Though I heard a loud, "Hey, fuck you!" from the tv, and... that's what I put... :-\

Posted by Ant

no only idiots do that

Posted by D.J Cat

Yep, I guess its multi-tasking going wrong or something. :)

We were once writing a story in English and my friend was talking about Donkey Kong and when we went back over the story we realized Donkey Kong had swung his way into our story somehow... :o

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've never done that.

Posted by cool gamer dad

On forums and AIM and ****, it happens all the time. Like, me hearing a word and accidentally substituting it for a word that sounds sorta' like it when typing a message.

But not as a sort of "game". I do not game.

When it's serious time, I'm serious. And I only make minor grammatical errors.

Posted by TimeSkipz

I essentially type what is in my "heart" not what I hear

Posted by Xero

I was doing a homework last night and I chatted with JS while doing it. We kept talking about Clifford and I ended writting "Clifford" on my paper.

I told her to let me finish my homework before we keep talking. ;>_>

Posted by Trigger

Dude, but Clifford rocks. I bet if you left the Clifford reference in there, you would have gotten high grades just because your teacher would have had a dose of nastolgia. I vote that your next reference should be to Tin Tin.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Trigger: I vote that your next reference should be to Tin Tin.

That'll get you valedictorian at the very least.