Computer problem yo

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah, some of you guys already know I've had a recent problem with my computer. Anyways I thought at first that it was my internet service that caused the problem. The problem is that when I start my computer, it takes upwards of maybe 5 minutes to load my desktop up. I deleted trillian, but when I had it, I would get a message when my desktop finally came up. It said something like this "you need winsock to run trillian". The same was said when I opened up LastFM. So I'm wondering if I need to re download WinSock so I run my computer again. Could that be the problem?

Anyways help is needed. Otherwise I'll just get my friend to re-format my other computer.

Posted by S

Unplug hardware except necessities for the computer to function. Test. If it works, plug in one at a time and trouble-shoot as to what piece of hardware is causing said problem.

Posted by Crazy K

So disconnect everything except the modem, mouse and keyboard?

What if this doesn't work? Should I then download Winsock or a Winsock repair?

Posted by S

If that doesn't work, ask Vamp lol. I'm not sure honestly.

But no, unplug everything except necessities to boot. Power and monitor; nothing else. If there's still a problem its not an external hardware issue.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

start > run... > msconfig > click the last tab > uncheck everything

Posted by Gollum

The X is probably right, except don't uncheck everything, just the ones you don't need. There's a site out there with a massive list of just about every process for windows, but I've forgotten the site. Anybody remember it? Just search on google the processes whose purpose you don't know and you should find an info page on it. Turn off all the unnecessary ones.

Posted by Crazy K

Thanks, I'll try that.

Posted by TimeSkipz

All questions can be answered on "Yahoo Answers". Why not try today I doubt you will leave disappointed

Posted by Ant

Actually, no. The only answer you need relating to computer problems is "delete your system32 folder"

try it out.

Posted by Trigger

Deltree *.* in command prompt is better.