Cake... or Pie?

Posted by Skitzo Control

This topic has entertained me and other friends for hours, discussing and arguing (yes, we got heated) the two. At one point, it was on VGC, too, but now it's time for the return.

So, what is it? Cake... or pie?

Posted by Gollum

Depends. I can't take cake that's overly sweet for more than a few mouthfuls, but I could eat pumpkin pie all day. But fruity cake owns pie any day.

This is an intriguing dilemma.

Posted by The Judge

I'm going to say Pie. And the only reason I say this is, though cake is mroe for special occasions and thus rarer (and thus more special ^_^), I can actualy eat a nearly unlimited amount of pie (I eat until my stomach distends and my intestines rupture) whereas I tend to get sick of pie after the first few pieces.

Posted by Zeta

French Silk pie.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Cake. Cheese cake, to be exact.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Pie, fo' sho'.

Posted by Xero

I remember this topic being the number 1 topic for a week at another forum. Funny times.

I'm going for cakes. Cheese cakes are the best. So tasty.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Cheese cake is pretty good, I just don't think it has anything on pumpkin pie. Speaking of which Thanksgiving is around the corner. :cookie:

Posted by Mystic Hero

I was never a big cake eater. Cake is much too sweet for my liking. For me pie is the ultimate desert. You can't go wrong with pie and I've always enjoyed the various flavors it can come in. Pie is numba one in my book. :cool:

Posted by fates warning

there is nothing better than an ice-cream cake

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting fates warning: there is nothing better than an ice-cream cake

Birthdaycake ice-cream is good.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Cake is too sweet. I'm a fruit man myself, so I have come to the conclusion that pie is where it's at.

Posted by Linko_16

I really don't like either that much. They have to be made just right, and they seldom are.

Posted by Average n00b

Cake.

I have never tried any sort of pie before.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting MottaTheHutt: Cheese cake is pretty good, I just don't think it has anything on pumpkin pie. Speaking of which Thanksgiving is around the corner. :cookie:

Dude, it's nearly over.

It depends on what kind of pie/cake although I'll generally go for the cake. Fruit cheese cake, ice cream cake, chocolate cake. I don't like white cakes unless there's fruit, and most icings make me hurl. It has to be homemade cake, aside from DQ's ice cream cake, which is fantastic.

Posted by Omni

I like them about equally. I don't have either one often.

Posted by mis0

I'll eat either with no real objection. But if I decide to buy something, then I'll usually buy a lemon meringue, chocolate silk, or key lime pie.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Is everybody forgetting meat pies? Chicken pot pie is delicious!

And who can forget that nearly every single Hostess snack (with the exception of the fruit pies) is, in fact, cake. Devil's food cake, to be precise.

Posted by Slade

I prefer cakes. Sickeningly sweet ones, with ice cream heaped on top. My favorite flavor is chocolate with a thick layer of colorful frosting on top. It has to be colorful, or else it's not nearly as good. Sprinkles are good, too, but only those round colorful ones, and in controlled amounts. If the ice cream can be rainbow colored or something that's fantastic, as long as it's not a bunch of different flavors(I've only had ice cream that fit this description once, and it made me **** blue for a week).

Pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top is a close second.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Angelwing: Dude, it's nearly over.

Only if you're one of those terrorist hippie commies.

a.k.a Canadians.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Skitzo Control;759026]Is everybody forgetting meat pies? Chicken pot pie is delicious!

[IMG]http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/IMP/IMP162/INGUFYTH0076.jpg[/IMG]

STEAK PIE MMMMMMM

I'd go with cake, though. As long as the sponge isn't too light, I'm all over that ****.

Posted by nich

We had our terrorist hippie commie Thanksgiving last night, the pumpkin pie was just beautiful. The only cake I can tollerate for more than a few bites would be a fruit tart, which is a light vanilla cake covered in whipped cream and topped with strawberries, blue berries, and kiwi. I have it every year on my birthday, and this year will be no exception.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

American (real) Thanksgiving is coming! We're going to eat until we're fatter than we already are!

Posted by crelda

Pie! Apple or Rhubarb for me. Steak or mushroom pie is also good.

Posted by Roger Smith

Cow pie.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Spinach pie, ftw. Pumpkin pie is disgusting.

Posted by Ant

Cake, don't like most pies really.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Hair pie, ftw

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Pie. More varieties, and better varieties.

Posted by Bebop

I can't really say to be honest, I'm caught in the middle. Both have policies I agree and disagree with. I'm considering a third party option of "potato waffles".

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

OFF TOPIC PLZ

Posted by CrystalPain

CAKE ICECREAM CAKE!

Posted by ExoXile

Both, as long as my gurl makes'em. ^_^

If not, pie.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=The Judge]I can actualy eat a nearly unlimited amount of pie (I eat until my stomach distends and my intestines rupture) whereas I tend to get sick of pie after the first few pieces.
This isn't a "pie or pie" thread.

I vote cake, despite rarely eating either but when I do, it's normally cake.

Posted by Borealis

****ing cake

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Angelwing: Spinach pie, ftw. Pumpkin pie is disgusting.

I used to think you were cool.

Posted by muffla

portal cake

Posted by s0ul

The cake is a lie.

Posted by TimeSkipz

I like cake since it has more variety than pie.

Posted by Kit

Cake, but only because I've only had meat pies.

Alternative would be Biscuits, either way.

Posted by Xenos

[IMG]http://www.worth1000.com/entries/274500/274518VbDA_w.jpg[/IMG]

c-c-cake ...

Posted by I Want A Sandwich

I'd say cake.

Pie makes me remember thanksgivings and holidays with my family. During such holidays my uncles get drunk and play drunken basketball. Which is fun, right? Until one of my drunken uncles falls over and yells at the other drunken uncle. And voices escalate. And tempers flare. Knives are produced. One time it got so bad where we had to call the cops. And my aunts are all powerless, and my grandmother goes upstairs to cry about how dysfunctional her family is. Every time.

Cake, on the other hand, reminds me of birthday parties, and those are fun.