Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Posted by RandomizeR

First of all I don't know if there is already a thread about this game but I couldn't find one.
I just rented Echoes over Spring Break and it's f[FONT=Arial Narrow]u[/FONT]ckin' awesome. (Although I'm only 76% done so far.) Does anyone else love this game, and for those of you who do post like your favorite "things" about the game.

Beam-Annihilator
Suit-Light Suit
Ability-Screw Attack
Boss-Dark Samus

Also post any ?'s you have about the game and anyone who knows can answer.

Posted by Zeta

Favorite things? I suppose my faves would be bosses you fight in Morph Ball. (Ex: Spider Guardian.) Oh, and Sanctuary Fortress. One of the coolest video game environments I've seen in the past few years.

I <3 Echoes =3

Posted by Mini Rebew

omg, i loved this game...im still trying to beat it on hard....stupid boost-ball gardian...

Posted by Fender Bender

I agree, Boost Guardian hates me, and I hate him, but I finally managed to beat him.

Quadraxis: I could beat him with mt eyes closed.

Posted by Disturbed_one

yea this game rocks still havent been able to beat it, i love that they made it so long ijust got past the boost guaridan

Posted by metroidlife_91

Echoes is great. Hard mode is quite insane for me though, it took me 8 tries on the boost guardian!!!!

Posted by MetroidPrimeMan

I agree. This is my favorite in the GC series.
weapon SONIC BOOOOOOM
suit Light Suit
boss Emperor Ing
area..Dark Ather

the only disappoint of the game was the "Samus reveal" outside of her suit. She looked TOO animated. look back and the final seen of Prime 1- She looked almosst life like+the headshot of her in the gallery looked almost like a photo... I would think with how much work they put into the rest of the game they would have pulled out all the stops in animating a Samus Aran to rival the quality of pervious title

Best Regards and Happy Hunting,
MetroidPrimeMan

Posted by Jman

I also agree with Echoes being a really good GC game. Infact the metroid conversion from side scroller to 3d is awesome, and Echoes still incorporated space jump and off the wall jumps. Nintendo's ability to convert 2d into 3d doesn't always work ie I have yet to meet anyone who likes a 3d Castlevania game.

Prime 1 was okay, but in my opinion had nothing on Echoes. I hope they make a Prime 3 thats got a bit more depth in the story, but aside from that, the games great.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Jman: I also agree with Echoes being a really good GC game. Infact the metroid conversion from side scroller to 3d is awesome, and Echoes still incorporated space jump and off the wall jumps. Nintendo's ability to convert 2d into 3d doesn't always work ie I have yet to meet anyone who likes a 3d Castlevania game.

*Raises hand*

Lament of Innocence pwned.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Lament of Innocence pwned.

Truth. The new one is ****, but that game was excellent.

Posted by Jman

Did you guys really like Lament of Innocence? I thought it was crap compared to Sotn or Aos. You couldn't even level up and there were 6 different sections; the castle didn't link up it was just like 5 or 6 stages. I mean it was okay but it lacked a few things the platformers have.
Anyhow I still think that Metroid is better in terms of 'conversion' and not just how popular a game is.

Posted by Zeta

The stages thing didn't bother me at all. The only thing that bothered me was the repetitive rooms, but the battles with Death and The Forgotten One made up for that, as well as the beautiful music. Though I agree that Metroid has made the 2D-3D jump better than Castlevania.

Oh, and another reason LoI kicks ***: Pumpkin! Win.

Posted by Jman

Hahaa the Pumpkin... That was very random indeed. I'm hankering to see another Metroid in 3d come out on Revolution, apparently there are very preliminary reports of one atm.
I wonder if Nintendo will ever bring back Kid Icarus...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I wonder if Nintendo will ever bring back Kid Icarus...

Possible. They know everyone wants one. Miyamoto/Iwata was quoted as saying that he was interested in it.

Posted by JON

I can easily say that i was dissapointed. The game was very close to being just like the first, not much changed at all. i did like the new costumes tho. :-p

Posted by ExoXile

They are not costumes.................

Posted by MetroidPrimeMan

This is a METROID PRIME 2 ECHEOS ROOM....Not Kid Icarus or any other other game. Feel free to make all those posts in the PROPER room.....

Posted by Zeta

Ah hush up. You're not the Metroid mod. You can't boss us around. Actually, now that I notice, there is no Metroid mod. This board is an anarchy! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Um... Ingsmashers: Discuss.

Posted by ExoXile

They're awesome. :cool:

Posted by Random

I thought it was a lot like the first Metroid Prime. I hear they've discussed about Metroid Prime 3. But then again if you have a title that sells and fans enjoy why not make more of the same?

Posted by Jman

Prime man I speak for myself and everybody else here when I say that you can go fornicate yourself with a short length of pvc pipe and about 2 metres of barb wire.

Posted by GameMiestro

I thought that Metroid Prime 2 was suprisingly good, after my initial dissapointment at Metroid Prime. Dark Samus reminded me of the SAX.

[quote=Jman]Prime man I speak for myself and everybody else here when I say that you can go fornicate yourself with a short length of pvc pipe and about 2 metres of barb wire.

Just... go away...