Who would be the next "King"?

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Who, in your opinion, would have been, or will be, the next "King of Rock"? Now, don't start on "Elvis wasn't really the king of rock'n'roll..." because, I know, I have heard it all before. Either post your opinions, or leave. In my opinion, Buddy Holly was the best, but can we PLEASE not get into that whole mess? Opinions, please. :)

Posted by Omni

You mean like currently or just after Elvis?

After Elvis.

Posted by Fragliche

Jerry Lee Lewis.

Although, by the time Elvis kicked the can, his career was near over...

Posted by Omni

Oh, Freddie Mercury.

Posted by mitchrlamb

Quoting Omni: Oh, Freddie Mercury.

More like the queen ha-ha-ha...cough

Posted by Shade

Neil Peart

Posted by Omni

Quoting mitchrlamb: More like the queen ha-ha-ha...cough

Freddie Mercury is the king of Queen.

Posted by Shade

The other three are his concubines.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

No one's had the same kind of impact and no one ever will.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

The next king will be Varg, after he gets released from prison.

He could make a really mean country and blues tinged rock album!

And, yes i'm kidding... you morons :(

He's never getting out of jail.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Grave Wisdom: The next king will be Varg, after he gets released from prison.

He could make a really mean country and blues tinged rock album!

No, he won't, but Night will.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Now THAT I could definitely see happening.

Well played.

Posted by Omni

Considering that Night himself said it would happen eventually, I'm pretty sure it will.

Posted by Skitzo Control

How about "The King of Pop" now that Michael Jackson is no longer cutting albums or touring? Pop ALWAYS makes its way into every decade. Rock n' roll, on the other hand, has kind of dissipated over the past years. I mean, come on, what's the most recent rock n' roll album to be released? There's none that come to my mind, especially if you consider rock n' roll to be the type of music Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis, and The Beatles released back in the day. Now, the closest thing to rock n' roll (but closer to metal) is Ozzy's on-goings.:(

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Who gives a flying crap about Pop?

Well, minus all the mindless drones who gobble up whatever the latest drivel is.

Moar lyke king of plop.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Eh... Most people care about pop. The biggest problem is that almost all pop is "Flavor of the Month" type of stuff (Wham!, New Kids on the Block, Spice Girls, Ace of Base, Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, etc.) that doesn't stay on the charts for very long, with Michael being the exception (Thriller is the number-one album as far as sales go).

Yeah, dude. Pop is a massive part of the music industry and has touched just about every corner of the world.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I realize it's a massive part of the Music industry, but that doesn't mean that most of it(not all, to be fair) is any good.

You asked who cares about pop, and clearly a ton of people do, more than just about every other genre.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I meant who cares about pop that has GOOD TASTE(besides you of course, since I know you did/do like Justin Timberlake).

And yes, this is a generalization.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Grave Wisdom: I meant who cares about pop that has GOOD TASTE

Me, for one.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I have good taste, and I care about pop. It's one of the few types of music you can listen to and feel good, anymore.

Pop is okay, some of it. A lot of it, actually; though some would say I do have bad taste.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

[quote=Skitzo Control;758614]How about "The King of Pop" now that Michael Jackson is no longer cutting albums or touring?
Justin Timberlake, easily. He's carved out a pretty long career between NSYNC and his solo stuff, and ****, I like his music.