Cell phone stories

Posted by Xero

Last week, during my english class, the teacher's cell phone starting ringing and she actually answered it and started to have a conversation with her daughter in front of us. I thought that was pretty ironic seeing as she always told us to shut down our cells before the beginning of the class. After she hung up, she went "oops".
Me and my friends were laughing silently while she was talking. That's the first time I saw that.

The day after, while going back home after school, I was sitting in a bus and this guy who was sitting in front of me picked up his phone and started talking. I didn't hear any ringing so I figured it was on vibration. He was saying "Yeah lets go to the movies tonight" "awesome dude", but in the middle of his conversation, his cell phone started to ring. I couldn't help it. I laughed right at his face and...fortunately, I wasn't the only one. He would've probably beated the crap out of me otherwise. Funny times.

Share yours or discuss.

Posted by Fate

I knew someone who used to pretend she was some badass chick. She was white as hell but spoke all ghetto, talking about how she was always having sex and stuff. She was really ugly inside and out, so nobody really had a problem with calling her "Shovelface" all the time. One day she was yammering on her phone obnoxiously in the hallways, then all of a sudden you heard a high ring on her phone. She tells her friend to hold on, it's her other line.

Everyone knows phones in use don't ring.
:)

Posted by G-Sides

one time i was peeing and had my phone on the bathroom counter. someone called me mid-urine and my phone vibrated right off the counter and into the pee pee toilet. RIP.

Posted by Xero

Oh man that sucks =/ That's why it's always better to have it in your pockets.

Posted by S

I've got a four year old phone, and it's pretty gimp. Most sophisticated thing its got is voice dial, and it's clunky at that. Anyhow, my friend recently got a new phone and was telling me all the features it had while we were in the car. Flip-out keyboard, comfortable grip, all sorts of games, music, even video and a camera.

So once she was all finished, I looked at her for a second and I said "Oh yeah? Well my phone can do something your phone can't do."

She asked me what it was, in a defiantly humorous response, since I had jest in my tone. So I pulled out my phone, held it up to the light and I said "It's got heads or tails."

So I hucked it at my dashboard, and it bounced off and into her lap, battery-up. She was laughing, and asked how I know what heads or tails is. Battery-side up is heads.

Posted by s0ul

Ha, I'm in the same boat as you, Solrok. I've got a prehistoric brick. What's funny is that I have two phones that are a thousand times nicer but I use the ****ty brick because it's so **** durable. We play 500 with these things sometimes, they're great.

Posted by Xero

Yeah I've seen people break their little thin cell phones after dropping it once. While as my mom has the same huge cell phone since 5 years and it went through hard times. Yet it's still working very well. A few scratches and that's all.

Posted by Linko_16

This thread reminded me that my phone's been sitting in my backpack uncharged for about a week.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

My mother flushed her cell down the toilet in a Texico a while back. That was pretty funny, because as I was at the register buying a Jolt drink, I hear her shout "Oh, sh**!!!!!!" from inside the bathroom.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I had a SLVR but the select key fell off from overuse; I text like a 14 year old girl, so I had to push the key nub with a pen or whatever if I wanted to send a new message, it makes a good music player still though.

Posted by S

My phone is still pretty small, but in the time span that my mother's gone through four, I've had this one still. Mine's a flip-top, and its hinges still haven't broke, and that's why she had to replace all of hers.

What's 500 by the way?

Posted by Skitzo Control

500 is a game where a group of people stand at the other end of a field while one person throws something (usually a ball) after announcing an amount (100, 200, 300, 400, or 500). When somebody catches it, they get that many "points," and once they get to 500, they switch places with the person who throws.
---
I miss my [url=http://f3c.yahoofs.com/shopping/3091041/simg_t_os27724173a9c2144856b4541a1f52da14d3032begif?rm_____DWiObyolX]old phone[/url].:(

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I have a fancy new phone that acts as if it's an old brick. It's awesome.

It's about half a centimetre thick, has flat buttons and a screen made from e-Paper - that stuff that can bend and still display stuff, and only uses power when the display changes - and because of that, it has amazing battery life. Awesome, right?

It doesn't have any internal memory. All the contacts and texts have to be stored on the SIM card. It displays six characters on the screen at a time, maximum. And there's no predictive text at all.

It tends to be a bit of a marmite device.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

but dude, it uses E-PAPER! who cares!

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

I dropped my Samsung Blade into dish water while using it, a month after getting it. It took two weeks for the buttons to get working properly again. I fixed it by setting it on the dashboard of my truck in 90 degree weather for a short time.

Posted by Philsdad

Earlier this summer, I went to the Lake Ontario shore to relax and smoke a joint (it's very desolate, not like a public beach or anything.) It's fun, I usually have to climb over or wade around obstacles to get to the spot I usually sit at, so I have to wear a bathing suit and water shoes (it's a rocky shore, no sand.)

So here I was, sitting on a rock, smoking a joint while watching the waves and the sailboats pass by. Then I thought I'd go for a little swim. So, I get up and run into the water and swam for a few minutes. Unfortunately, in my "blazed stupor" I failed to realize I had my cell phone in my bathing suit pocket. So I get out of the water, reach into my pockets, take out my cell phone and said "awww.. ****IT....!!"

I let it sit for a few days to dry out before I tried turning it back on and it went on, but it wouldn't get any service. So I left it off for a few weeks then tried again and it worked fine after that.

Posted by Trigger

I bought an LG KG800 a while back, and while it works, it's so minimalistic and featureless. The handset didn't allow for change of tone for incoming SMS, the firmware would freeze a bit, the photo album was slow to bring up images, it had no e-mail client. All around, the phone was just a trendy paperweight with the ability to receive and make calls.

So I went out and bought a [URL="http://www.blackberry8800series.com/blackberry8800/"]Blackberry 8800[/URL]. I'm not sure what I would do if anything happened to it - I even nicknamed it "Furious George." I <3 it.

Posted by junior senior

Quoting G-Sides: one time i was peeing and had my phone on the bathroom counter. someone called me mid-urine and my phone vibrated right off the counter and into the pee pee toilet. RIP.

I drove to my aunt's house on saturday night because i wasn't going to use the port-o-san, anyway i was texting jessee and i put it on the sink and it vibrated and almost fell. but the sink wasn't full ;)