gg sniper

Posted by Ant

I wasn't really sure at first if I should make this thread or not, but I figure since he was a mod here and well known on this site overall that it would be better to say this than not.

With that said, sniper(Micheal Benton), killed himself. Yup, this time he managed to succeed where he had previously failed. I don't know any of the details beyond the fact that he took the car this past Friday night, and they found him yesterday, I think.

It's weird, I'm not distraught over his loss. Don't get me wrong, I'm sad/mad. Though I'm not really that surprised. Since last time, it kinda made it easier to accept that he would actually do something like that.

Heh, and just now I could hear my parents arguing over the phone as to if I should to there or not. My father is going a bit on the hard side thinking I shouldn't go at all since *** FORBID I would miss my classes. Even though it's not that big of a deal, but still, idk. I said I'd go up till Sunday, I'd rather just stay out of it.

In any case, that's all I really have to say about that. And I can find some solace in the fact that his last avatar was the one Derick made for him.
[IMG]http://www.vgchat.com/customavatars/avatar311_26.gif[/IMG]

gg sniper, gg.

Posted by Linko_16

Seriously, no joke?

Man.

Posted by Ant

fo real homez.

I'll be leaving tomorrow at 12:40pm and coming back Monday at 3:40pm. I was trying to come back by Sunday, but apparently no one would be able to drive me to the airport that day. AH ****. I just realized I'm going to miss one my friend's birthday parties and I promised him I'd go months in advance. ****, guess he'll have to understand.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wow, and it sounded like things were about to get good for him too.

gg sniper

Posted by Ant

Obviously I don't know the full effect of what was going on. But I think some of those, if not all, of those things feel through.

Posted by nich

****. That's a serious bummer. Why did he do it, if you don't mind of course? I didn't realize he'd tried before.

Posted by Ant

I think it had something to do with this girl he was seeing and him not being able to go live down there with her and attend college for free. He had this all planned out I guess and something must have gone wrong...or idk. Maybe I'll find out for sure when I get there.

Posted by Omni

I never really knew sniper beyond the couple of times he talked to me on AIM. I'm sorry to hear about this.

Posted by Ant

Little late, but this is the thread where he was talking about coming down here.
http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=26277

Posted by Arcadios

Good Night, Sweet Prince.

Posted by G-Sides

RIP sniper.

Posted by The Judge

...Don't quite know what to say, really. That really sucks.

RIP.

Posted by Xero

A hero has fallen :(

Posted by Shade

I didn't like him, but loss of life is always sad.

RIP.

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, I can imagine that when you get your hopes up so much about something like this and the plans go awry, you'd be (at the least) very disappointed and upset. And add on top of that his personality disorders (I did some reading up on alexithymia), and I think I can see why it'd lead him to do something like that, especially considering that he had tried to take his own life before. He didn't seem like the happiest individual to me, and I hate to say it but I'm not really surprised, either. :/ My condolences to you and your family, Ant, and please do relay any more information you pick up over to us.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Sniper was really cool and dying like this is so confusing to me. My condolences to everyone close to him.

Posted by The Judge

I'm sure we'll always remember him fondly.

Posted by Alastor

Good night, Turtle Pro. You shall be missed. :(

Posted by Linkman

OMG why? ;_;

The Vegans will never be the same. :(

Just out of curiosity, how do they know he's the one who did it?

Posted by Slade

Ugh, soon as I saw the title of this thread, I thought...

I liked the guy. Sucks that it was so sudden. Only ever talked to him on AIM once, over a year ago. But I'll miss seeing him around the forum.

gg sniper

Posted by coromoro

I find it really hard to believe this. It's kinda shocking.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Linkman: Just out of curiosity, how do they know he's the one who did it?

I don't think it was a murder. lol

Quoting Slade: Ugh, soon as I saw the title of this thread, I thought...

I liked the guy. Sucks that it was so sudden. Only ever talked to him on AIM once, over a year ago. But I'll miss seeing him around the forum.

gg sniper

Also weird how yesterday I believe it was we were speaking of how I haven't been to Washington in awhile! WELL I'LL BE THERE TOMORROW! WANNA MEET UP LOL? heh, sadly, I don't think that will happen :(

[quote=coromoro]I find it really hard to believe this. It's kinda shocking.

sorry you had to find out about this young chum.

and thanks to everyone else for their nice words.

Posted by mis0

It's a shame it had to end like this. I hadn't spoken to him much lately, but he was always a nice guy to me. He will be missed here.

Goodbye, sniper. :(

Posted by The Judge

I make up for it with all the mean words I said about an hour ago.

Posted by Stalolin

*******it

now i'll be sad for like a month

*******it sniper

Posted by Ant

I'm sure that's what he wanted of you.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Never talked to him personally... but still. Even if you don't know the person well, taking your own life always creates a feeling of uneasiness, whether sadness is felt or not. Though I definitely know what it feels like to lose a friend to suicide, it always took me a long time to really come to terms with what happened and have the emotions catch up with me. Really sorry to hear about the loss.

well, my day is ruined now. might as well go to bed or eat...

Posted by Kit

Sucks. Didn't know him but it's sad when that stuff happens.

RIP

Posted by Grave Wisdom

And people said I was the most likely to do myself in :(

Really sorry to hear about Sniper. We never talked outside the forums, but his presence will be missed at VGC.

To have really good plans, and for them to be completely crushed...I can see how that would throw somebody over the edge.

R.I.P man :(

Maybe you will find peace where you are now.

Posted by cool gamer dad

He's in a better place now.

Posted by The Judge

Not really. He was a devoted atheist.

Posted by Ant

Thank You Derick.

Anyways, yeah everything here kinda has a semi-somber note to it. Tomorrow is the open casket viewing, and then his body is going to be burned I think on Saturday? So that's my plans so far.

Posted by The Judge

Are you actually going to go see the body?

Posted by cool gamer dad

So uh... how'd he do it?

Posted by Ant

Quoting The Judge: Are you actually going to go see the body?

Yeah, I guess. Gotta call him a retard one last time.

Quoting cats: So uh... how'd he do it?

Apparently he took a BBQ in the car with him. Lit it, smoke, died.

Posted by The Judge

I laughed and cried at the same time. :( :)

Quoted post: Apparently he took a BBQ in the car with him. Lit it, smoke, died.

For some reason... that seems like a very sniper way to end your life.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Wow, i get online for like ten minutes to relax on ye olde interwebs, and find out that one of my e-homies killed himself. ****ing gay.

Posted by Linkman

Ah, but it's refreshing to know you're still alive and kicking!

Posted by The Judge

He was in no danger of being killed.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The weird thing is, when I first read this thread, I was all like '****, first we lose LOS now sniper'.

weird coincidence

Posted by The Judge

http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=752973&postcount=6

The last post Sniper ever made. You'll be watching the second season in Heaven now, ol' buddy. No more pain where you are.

Posted by Ant

Heh, yeah I should stalk him and read all of his old posts. In any case, he looked fine, not charred like said fish you described to me earlier Derick. And the I gotta go.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Oforia: How to become An hero

Huh, he actually failed miserably at almost all of those steps except for the rl ban one. Oforia, do you even know who sniper was?

Quoted post: Heh, yeah I should stalk him and read all of his old posts.

I already did a little bit of that... Read that Warrior 71 thread, which was new to me. It was really entertaining, until I think Killer Jordo made the last post. Ruined the whole thing.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Man, a barbecue? I'd just overdose on heroin or smother myself in cats.

Posted by mis0

Quoting cats: Man, a barbecue? I'd just overdose on heroin or smother myself in cats.

It would seem that burning charcoal in a car is a increasingly popular method of group suicide, and some individuals are doing it solo as well.

It's strange to think about ending your own life, really. I can't really even imagine being depressed enough to do it, so I have no idea how I'd do it.

Posted by Shade

Quoting mis0: It would seem that burning charcoal in a car is a increasingly popular method of group suicide

All the cool kids are doing it

Posted by Ant

I'm sure he was wacked out on some sort of pills before he started doing so. That way it wouldn't be as painful choking on the air.

And apparently he started smoking the mary jane before all this. funny.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I feel a rant coming on, but I'll pass.

It sucks that he's gone. I'll admit that I didnt really know him well, but you

Posted by Lord of Spam

I feel a rant coming on, but I'll pass.

It sucks that he's gone. I'll admit that I didnt really know him well, but youa certain sense of familiarity after havingplayed enough with someone or posted with them for long enough. Well, hopefully his actions were for the best, but theres little point in debating it, as whats done has been done. Alas, good night, sweet prince. Enjoy your b&.

Posted by Sterling

Wow, sorry to hear that, even though didn't like him that much, I still feel bad.

Posted by The Judge

Your sorrow has been noted.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Disregarded, but noted.

snipers' up in heaven finally resting in peace knowing he has kolo's sympathy

Posted by Ant

lol

Posted by Sterling

Gotta have it.

Posted by ArchAngel4434

I never knew Sniper. maybe i've responded to one of his threads or something. That doesn't mean i can't be sad though. Hearing about another persons death is a sad concept. Sucks that he died.

RIP, Sniper...RIP

Posted by sidicarus

Hey, this is Klarth.

X just told me about this, and I decided it'd be churlish to not say anything. I never really knew him beyond a string of amusing chats over messenger, but it's saddening that he wound up the way he did.

Sorry to revive the topic. Condolences.