Think a new SEGA system is needed?

Posted by TimeSkipz

I just want a nice cheap SEGA system don't you agree? I think if they make a cheap system for say 150-250 dollars each they could gain quite a bit of reputation that was lost so long ago......

Posted by Linko_16

Don't hold your breath.

Posted by Zeta

3 competitors is enough.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

yeah, man, let's get even more ****ty sonic games!

Posted by Arcadios

Not like they'd get any important titles...cept like a new Virtual Fighter.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: yeah, man, let's get even more ****ty sonic games!

Hey Mario and Sonic go to the Olympics is going to break new ground!
SEGA did confirm they were making a handheld. Might be some crappy emulator for the sega genesis or something

Quoted post: Hey Mario and Sonic go to the Olympics is going to break new ground!

As the worst track and field game ever? That's quite the accomplishment.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: As the worst track and field game ever? That's quite the accomplishment.

Track and field isn't the only sport in the Olympics, plus it will go online for some great online fun! I hope they make a new controller like the wii treadmill for that feeling like your in the game, i know after i complete a race i will be feeling accomplishment and pride(and a bit tired)

Posted by S

I want old SEGA back.

Quoted post: Track and field isn't the only sport in the Olympics,

Track and field encompasses many events, by far the majority in the Olympics.

Posted by Zeta

I'm pretty confident the Konami track and field game will be better than Mario & Sonic's. Having Pyramid Head and Sparkster in the same game is even more win.

Posted by TimeSkipz

SEGA just seems to suck up to Nintendo now. Arguably the two worst system creators of all time, and your right Vampiro but i still want a wiitreadmill

Posted by Zeta

[quote]Nintendo
[quote]worst system creators of all time

Ahaha, oh wow.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Zeta: Ahaha, oh wow.

I said Arguably (the snes wasn't bad but the only competitor there was SEGA, N64 was nothing compared to the playstation, the gamecube was blown out of the dust by the playstation 2 and xbox, The wii is second i believe only because of the price difference from itself and the PS3, and in my opinion the ds sucks compared to the psp

Posted by Arcadios

Wow, if you even consider Nintendo bad in any way, shape or form then you might as well leave this forum.

Quoted post: The wii is second i believe only because of the price difference from itself and the PS3

The Wii is a distant first. NES brought gaming back to life single-handedly, SNES solidified Nintendo as a dominant company, and all their handhelds have beat down every single competitor.

Sounds like the worst to me.

Posted by S

I wanted my meat done medium, not burnt to a crisp.

Really though. I mean, come on man - dissing SNES?

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The Wii is a distant first. NES brought gaming back to life single-handedly, SNES solidified Nintendo as a dominant company, and all their handhelds have beat down every single competitor.

Sounds like the worst to me.

I said i believe because i wasn't quite sure what the sales were at this point but i strongly believe in the PS3 and it's capabilities. the gamecube was second last ahead of the dreamcast(which opened our eyes to online gaming that the gamecube could never get a grasp on) and the n64 was about half a million units sold behind the ps1(i owned both and found the ps1 to be better)

Posted by Arcadios

PS3? I thought it was doing the worst out of the three.
Dreamcast? I thought their online gaming sucked.

Your point? Two failed consoles and they still manged to trounce their competition this generation. Beyond that, they've consistently profited off their product. Even the GameCube was all profit, something Micorsoft can't say about their product. They still came out the winners with a failed console. Ouch.

Posted by S

Dreamcast had PSO, which was pretty **** good in my opinion. Nintendo or Sony hadn't even touched Online at that point.

Also, DC online was practically nil. You can thank the PC market for online.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Arcadios: PS3? I thought it was doing the worst out of the three.

like i said i believe it's because of the ps3s high price

and solrok i never dissed the snes i sad it was pretty good

I meant dream cast introduced us to online console gaming sorry

Quoted post: also Nintendo was to make a Play Station with sony basically it was going to be the Playstation we know with a extra attachment for the snes but sony broke away from it and i think it was for a reason

Sony was going to make the disc drive, it was still a Nintendo console. However, it was Nintendo that broke away from Sony when they realised they were being cheated. Get your facts straight.

Posted by Arcadios

PS3 really won't get anything good till MGS or FFXIII.
Maybe if they actually remake FFVII they'd get more sells if that fanbase hasn't already bought them just from the demo preview.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Sony was going to make the disc drive, it was still a Nintendo console. However, it was Nintendo that broke away from Sony when they realised they were being cheated. Get your facts straight.

Sony also planned to develop another, Nintendo compatible, Sony-branded console, but one which would be more of a home entertainment system playing both Super Nintendo cartridges and a new CD format which Sony would design. This was also to be the format used in SNES-CD discs, giving a large degree of control to Sony despite Nintendo's leading position in the video gaming market.

Get your facts straight

Posted by Poco

No. We don't need a new SEGA console. You want to know why? It would be the console choice of furrys and pedophiles. With the way Sonic is now (Sonic 2006 was absolute garbage that appealed to the fanfic and DBZ crowd) and PSU (I've heard in PSU people openly brag about being loli-loving pedos), I wouldn't want another SEGA console.

Posted by S

I think half the internet confesses in the open to be loli-loving pedophiles Poco. It's not really specific to PSU.

Posted by Poco

[QUOTE=S

Posted by S

Eh, its got its fair share but no more than any other MMO I've palyed.

Posted by TimeSkipz

PSU? that game is pretty good they brought online to gamecube with an expansion.

Posted by S

Phantasy Star Universe.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Can you still play that game or is the server shut down?

Posted by S

It's up still. JP servers are doing much better, however.

Posted by Speedfreak

Sega was a complete failure of a company with less business sense than an office building full of chimpanzees in suits. There will never be another Sega system again because the company can barely make it as a 3rd party without screwing up.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Speedfreak: Sega was a complete failure of a company with less business sense than an office building full of chimpanzees in suits. There will never be another Sega system again because the company can barely make it as a 3rd party without screwing up.

Yeah but i thought the Dreamcast was a great system, just didn't market or advertise well plus a lack of 3rd party support(proving your point of terrible business sense)

Posted by Random

I personally enjoyed the Sega systems myself, however with our gaming market, its really not needed.

Microsoft has too much money and probably would never drop out.

Sony is too stubborn to ever drop out.

Nintendo might aswell be around forever like them or not.

I would love nothing more than to see Sega come back, but its unlikely to ever happen. If they do, its when one company finally falls.

I bet you'd see EA making a console before Sega.

Quoted post: Sony also planned to develop another, Nintendo compatible, Sony-branded console, but one which would be more of a home entertainment system playing both Super Nintendo cartridges and a new CD format which Sony would design. This was also to be the format used in SNES-CD discs, giving a large degree of control to Sony despite Nintendo's leading position in the video gaming market.

Get your facts straight

You know this had nothing at all to do with what I said right? Cute attempt, though.

Posted by Poco

Dreamcast thrived because GD-ROM was the format of sega arcade machines, most of which CAPCOM used, hence all the ports. Shenmue was a pretty decent game, as was the original Sonic Adventure, but even then, most people could tell SEGA was going downhill, fast.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You know this had nothing at all to do with what I said right? Cute attempt, though.

yeah it did you said nintendo dropped out of the deal and i was originally talking about the sony play station with snes attachment. You said nintendo dropped out of the deal but it was the other way around.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Poco;756272]With the way Sonic is now (Sonic 2006 was absolute garbage that appealed to the fanfic and DBZ crowd)

For the record, Sonic's been ripping off DBZ since Sonic 2.

Quoted post: You said nintendo dropped out of the deal but it was the other way around.

derp derp no they didn't.

Quoted post: In 1989, the SNES-CD was to be announced at the June Consumer Electronics Show (CES). However, when Hiroshi Yamauchi read the original 1988 contract between Sony and Nintendo, he realized that the earlier agreement essentially handed Sony complete control over any and all titles written on the SNES CD-ROM format. Yamauchi was furious; deeming the contract totally unacceptable, he secretly canceled all plans for the joint Nintendo-Sony SNES CD attachment.

Hiroshi Yamauchi was the president of Nintendo at the time

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: derp derp no they didn't.

Hiroshi Yamauchi was the president of Nintendo at the time

The 9 a.m. CES announcement was a complete shock. Not only was it a complete surprise to the show goers (Sony had only just the previous night been optimistically showing off the joint project under the "Play Station" brand), but it was seen by many in the Japanese business community as a massive betrayal: a Japanese company snubbing another Japan-based company in favor of a European one was considered absolutely unthinkable in Japanese business.

You forgot that part about Nintendo being a terrible business

By the end of 1992, Sony and Nintendo reached a deal whereby the "Sony Play Station" would still have a port for SNES games, but Nintendo would own the rights and receive the bulk of the profits from the games, and the SNES would continue to use the Sony-designed audio chip. However, at this point, Sony realized that the SNES technology was getting long in the tooth, and the next generation of console gaming was around the corner: work began in early 1993 on reworking the "Play Station" concept to target a new generation of hardware and software; as part of this process the SNES cartridge port was dropped, the space between the names was removed, and the PlayStation was born.

thats the one i'm talking about but nice try

Nintendo dropped out of the SNES-CD deal. Porting SNES games and having an audio chip within the system is something completely different. This whole thing started with the disc-drive, not an audio chip.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Speedfreak: For the record, Sonic's been ripping off DBZ since Sonic 2.

It was more of a homage, but in Sonic 2006, it's like they went to fanfic.net. Sega really really doesn't need to listen to its fans.

Posted by Zeta

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL OFF SHADOW HE WAS SO COOL BRING HIM BACK WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

Posted by Wiki

Shadow was just a ***** imitation of knucles.

Posted by majin_vegeta1

Oh lord, this thread reminds me of that book I read once called Ultimate History of Video Games. And the author finally stops with the xbox generation. All kinds of interviews & junk in there, its a trippy book, lol. And if I recall, according to the book, nintendo started out in the US by shipping arcade machines, then they built the nes. And even before they got into gaming Nintendo was into the hotel business & hanafuda cards.

[QUOTE]Inside the Games You Grew Up with but Never Forgot
With all the whiz, bang, pop, and shimmer of a glowing arcade. The Ultimate History of Video Games reveals everything you ever wanted to know and more about the unforgettable games that changed the world, the visionaries who made them, and the fanatics who played them. From the arcade to television and from the PC to the handheld device, video games have entraced kids at heart for nearly 30 years. And author and gaming historian Steven L. Kent has been there to record the craze from the very beginning.
This engrossing book tells the incredible tale of how this backroom novelty transformed into a cultural phenomenon. Through meticulous research and personal interviews with hundreds of industry luminaries, you'll read firsthand accounts of how yesterday's games like Space Invaders, Centipede, and Pac-Man helped create an arcade culture that defined a generation, and how today's empires like Sony, Nintendo, and Electronic Arts have galvanized a multibillion-dollar industry and a new generation of games. Inside, you'll discover:

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Poco;757824]It was more of a homage, but in Sonic 2006, it's like they went to fanfic.net. Sega really really doesn't need to listen to its fans.

Bull, all of Sonic is taken from DBZ.

Sonic fights an army of robots created by mad scientist.
Sonic looks for 7 magical artifacts.
Sonic turns into a Super Saiyan.
Sonic's rival (who he eventually befriends) looks after the 7 magical artifacts on a floating island in the sky.
Sonic meets another hedgehog like him but is totally moody and claims to be the ultimate warrior (even though he isn't).
Both him and the other hedgehog ignore their differences and join forces to defeat the ultimate lifeform that's going to destroy the Earth using their Super Saiyan powers.
The mad scientist creates several perfect androids designed specifically to destroy Sonic.
Tails is a faggot.

whoa... beyond the super saiyan thing I never realised how much they share in common. Sad.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Nintendo dropped out of the SNES-CD deal. Porting SNES games and having an audio chip within the system is something completely different. This whole thing started with the disc-drive, not an audio chip.

A port meaning a spot to put them in, I was originally talking about the play station in the first place not the disc drive.

No you weren't.

Quoted post: with a extra attachment for the snes

Posted by TimeSkipz

thats what i said in the first place the "Play Station" which was later changed to Playstation after Sony dropped the deal

Posted by Speedfreak

To Rddflag's credit it was the SNES sound chip that made Sony the first choice for Nintendo as a hardware partner. Not that I have any idea what you two are talking about.

Posted by TimeSkipz

OK lets just settle on Nintendo and Sony attempted to make a mixed/original console 3 times

Posted by Speedfreak

...what the fuck are you on? They did one.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Speedfreak: ...what the fuck are you on? They did one.

Which was the playstation plug in thing for the SNES, right? So not even a real standalone console.

Posted by TimeSkipz

I saw some photos of the Play Station controller concept[IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd178/Rddflag/ps_prot2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd178/Rddflag/ps_proto.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by muffla

rdd flag have you ever thought about suicide?

Posted by TimeSkipz

What for?

Posted by username0

no for thay didn't stand a chace the frist time. what will happen next. hmm...
even if that did some would buy it then it would crash like it did before. so you be left with a new game less console and a empty wallet.

Posted by Desperado

[QUOTE=S