Why don't you like the psp?

Posted by TimeSkipz

I was planning on buying one but from what i read it sucks compared to the ds(but the ds have no friggin memory at all so downloads are erased after you turn it off) is it worth the 200 dollars? Or are they planning a new handheld soon?

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

It's huge. That's the first thing I don't like about it.

Seriously it's like a ****ing brick in my bag

Posted by maian

The PSP is nice. If you want it for games? Not so much. As a gaming portable console, the DS destroys the PSP completely. The advantage of PSP, in my opinion, is memory card usage, which allows you to put tons of things on it. 90% of the reason I got mine was for homebrew, which is fantastic because I can play any Super Nintendo game I want on it. In my opinion, PSP is good...if you're not playing PSP games. There's a few good ones, but, eh.

In any case, I got mine for $80, almost new, with a bunch of extra crap. So mine was a steal. I seriously doubt I'd buy one at full price.

Posted by TimeSkipz

What was so great about the DS games compared to the PSP games?

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Rddflag: What was so great about the DS games compared to the PSP games?

PSP is competing with a labtop in terms of functionality, while the DS's touch screen brings more inovative gaming and plenty of shorties.

Posted by Random

Dude, I was thinking about going handheld. I left a thread in General gaming asking which I should get but I got mostly the answers I didn't want. They said DS for the games it has. But the DS seems to have a ton of lackluster titles and the PSP is coming out with Blockbuster titles. The PSP will have Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core, Breath of Fire III, GTA III Liberty City Stories, GTA Vice City Stories, Star Wars Battlefront and so much more. The only good titles on the DS i'd even consider, are Mario Kart and Mario 64. The rest seem like a real snooze fest.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Rddflag;759133]What was so great about the DS games compared to the PSP games?
More high quality games, and more games in general. Hop on Metacritic and compare the Nintendo DS's top ten games to the PSP's. There's a pretty huge score gap.

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

Quoting Random: Dude, I was thinking about going handheld. I left a thread in General gaming asking which I should get but I got mostly the answers I didn't want. They said DS for the games it has. But the DS seems to have a ton of lackluster titles and the PSP is coming out with Blockbuster titles. The PSP will have Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core, Breath of Fire III, GTA III Liberty City Stories, GTA Vice City Stories, Star Wars Battlefront and so much more. The only good titles on the DS i'd even consider, are Mario Kart and Mario 64. The rest seem like a real snooze fest.

FFTA2 and FFIV remake are coming to DS, as well as Etrian Odyssey 2, Fire Emblem and Advance Wars DS2.

And plenty more.

On the other hand, the PSP is getting Dracula X Chronicles, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, and *** of War: Chains of Olympus...

...so, it really depends on which games you want to play. Like The X said, you'll miss out on some epic **** if you don't get the DS, but I think you'll miss out on said **** either way, so the best thing to do is get both. :D

Posted by Zeta

[quote]Etrian Odyssey 2

Japan onry.

[quote]The rest seem like a real snooze fest.

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Posted by Random

Quoting The X: More high quality games, and more games in general. Hop on Metacritic and compare the Nintendo DS's top ten games to the PSP's. There's a pretty huge score gap.

Games out now possibly. I wouldn't say by a big leap, but the DS does have the advantage. However I as a consumer am looking at games coming out for the system, which the PSP easily has the DS beat.

Quoting iluvgirlswithglasses: FFTA2 and FFIV remake are coming to DS, as well as Etrian Odyssey 2, Fire Emblem and Advance Wars DS2.

And plenty more.

On the other hand, the PSP is getting Dracula X Chronicles, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, and *** of War: Chains of Olympus...

...so, it really depends on which games you want to play. Like The X said, you'll miss out on some epic **** if you don't get the DS, but I think you'll miss out on said **** either way, so the best thing to do is get both. :D

FFIV great game and all, Etrian Odyssey looks ok, Fire Emblem is horrible, and Advanced Wars isn't bad but nothing spectacular.

The other games aren't worth mentioning. I rather enjoy Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core, Final Fantasy Tactics, Breath of Fire III (Favorite 3 RPGs of all time), GTA LCS, GTA VCS, Metal Gear, Star Wars Battlefront, Smackdown VS Raw.. C'mon.. DS has a better lineup?? pshhh..

Posted by Kit

Quoting Random: I rather enjoy Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core, Final Fantasy Tactics, Breath of Fire III (Favorite 3 RPGs of all time), GTA LCS, GTA VCS, Metal Gear, Star Wars Battlefront, Smackdown VS Raw.. C'mon.. DS has a better lineup?? pshhh..

Final Fantasy 7 is otaku bumfluff, Console versions of GTA are far better, Wrestling/Wrestling games suck, Battlefront is better on consoles.

Pretty much, choose better examples.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

If the PS2 ports are anything to go by, the GTA Stories series isn't all that hot.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I wonder how many more remakes there will be on FF1.

Posted by maian

I love how most people look at DS and say "lol only good titles are Mario"

=/

PSP has...some good games. But, most of the good PSP games are simply inferior versions of their console superiors. Yes, it has some good titles. Metal Gear, *** of War, Battlefront, etc, but, eh. DS has plenty of good games, you just have to be able to look into its library a bit harder. There's tons of DS games I want right now but can't get.

And, you keep saying you love Tactics, but Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2 is coming out for DS. :cookie:

Posted by Random

Quoting maian: I love how most people look at DS and say "lol only good titles are Mario"

=/

PSP has...some good games. But, most of the good PSP games are simply inferior versions of their console superiors. Yes, it has some good titles. Metal Gear, *** of War, Battlefront, etc, but, eh. DS has plenty of good games, you just have to be able to look into its library a bit harder. There's tons of DS games I want right now but can't get.

And, you keep saying you love Tactics, but Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2 is coming out for DS. :cookie:

If its at all like Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, then it'll probably suck too. I truley only liked Tactics. Tactics Advanced was horrid.

Posted by S

He's got a point, I hated Tactics Advanced with a burning passion.

Posted by Arcadios

Yea, I've always wondered why people hated it.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

i don't think i would have to many problems with the PSP at all if it just has something fun to play, i don't own one and never will and i am sure there are some good games in there but all in all its not enough to justify that expensive of a purchase . and its just to much money.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting maian:

It is being said because of The War of The Lions.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Arcadios: Yea, I've always wondered why people hated it.

1 reason why I hate it is cuz TimeSkipz owns one.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I hate it because they've released a slimmer, slightly smaller version. Now it won't feel like I'm playing with a brick. Hi Roger!

Posted by mis0

It's a peice of crap, which is why I don't like it.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=mis0;784810]It's a peice of crap, which is why I don't like it.
I think.. I still love you.

Posted by Colonel

The main reason I don't like it is because of the poor library.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=F1NALSMASH;784393]i don't think i would have to many problems with the PSP at all if it just has something fun to play, i don't own one and never will and i am sure there are some good games in there but all in all its not enough to justify that expensive of a purchase . and its just to much money.

I'm not sure what the price is in the US but it's $169 here, think about it. It's like an MP3 player, video player and a gaming console all in one for $169.