Wireless headset confirmed?

Posted by Drewboy64

Someone on the IGN boards sent an email to Nntendo. He didn't get an autmated reply. Click the picture.

http://i22.tinypic.com/1581qjc.jpg

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

What use would it be? Not like any online Wii games have voice chat.

Posted by Speedfreak

Well no shit, Sherlock. Why would they release games with voice chat if there was no headset to support them?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Obviously they're going to release one. Even the DS has a wireless headset. It's just how soon and if it'll be in time for Smash?

Posted by Speedfreak

I'm still laughing at X's post. Was he drunk or what?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I should perhaps clarify. It's not like any of the upcoming Wii games are going to have voice chat. If Smash Bros, Nintendo's flagship multiplayer game, has nil communication, I doubt that'll change anytime in the future.

Posted by Speedfreak

I would point out that hardly anyone in the world ever knows anything about Nintendo's upcoming titles, and that no one is in any place to make halfway accurate specultions about titles that aren't even announced.

We know about PS3 and 360 titles due out in 2009, we don't even know what Wii titles are out in six months.

Posted by TimeSkipz

What they NEED is a real controller. What if your sick from work/school and don't want to have to stand like an idiot moving some cheap wiimote around

Good thing you don't have to do either, right?

Posted by TimeSkipz

come on they have cords you can fall and hurt yourself(like an idiot) and there have been cases where people break wrists, tvs, windows , the works

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Drewboy64: Someone on the IGN boards sent an email to Nntendo. He didn't get an autmated reply. Click the picture.

http://i22.tinypic.com/1581qjc.jpg

Yep, that's confirmation if I've ever heard it.

[quote]We know about PS3 and 360 titles due out in 2009, we don't even know what Wii titles are out in six months.

That's because they're licensed games about kids shows and movies that will be made within a month of release lol

Quoted post: come on they have cords you can fall and hurt yourself(like an idiot) and there have been cases where people break wrists, tvs, windows , the works

The fact that people are idiots doesn't factor into this.

Posted by TimeSkipz

the strap doesn't help it can easily snap if you really get into the game so they can't be too much of an idiot

you're an idiot if you're incapable of holding onto an object.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Agreed but this is kinda going off topic now. I think a headset would be cool so i can talk to the person i'am bowling against

Posted by nich

Quoting Rddflag: Agreed but this is kinda going off topic now.

....you're the one who went off topic in the first place. :/

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting nich: ....you're the one who went off topic in the first place. :/

Yeah i know thats why i tried to get on topic

Posted by WillisGreeny

I would like to note a small detail here, "I'm not sure" was suppose to be a reply for the yes, not "not sure". That's not enough to convince me it's not true, but my other question is how legit is this person from IGN?

Posted by Ant

Hmm, after checking back they didn't say anything on the Smashbros official site concerning the use of voice chat. So it could still be possible, though doubtful.

And as for the letter, eh. I wouldn't put too much faith into it. But it'd be nice to know they at least have it on their ****ing minds.

Posted by Speedfreak

Sorta ironic how you've called the controller cheap when it's the most expensive of the lot and contains the most technology and is arguably of much better construction than the SIXAXIS (the thing's see-through!).

[quote=s0ul;756181]That's because they're licensed games about kids shows and movies that will be made within a month of release lol

You misunderstand me. I'm saying we know about hardly any Wii titles coming out 6 months from now, Nintendo forces 3rd parties to keep schtum about their upcoming Wii games and traditionally keep upcoming titles close to their chest aswell. Obviously I'm not counting western releases of Japanese games out in a month or two that will unavoidably be released in 5 years time.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[QUOTE=Speedfreak;756444]Sorta ironic how you've called the controller cheap when it's the most expensive of the lot and contains the most technology and is arguably of much better construction than the SIXAXIS (the thing's see-through!).

I should have corrected myself, I meant cheap design, by the way theres a DualShock 3 coming out

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Rddflag: I meant cheap design

Its simplicity is what makes it a good design.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting WillisGreeny: Its simplicity is what makes it a good design.

so i suppose you want all wii games to play on a two button game pad?

Posted by WillisGreeny

no, I want there to be a bunch of pointless buttons that do nothing.

Posted by Fate

No such thing as a pointless button!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Rddflag;756698]so i suppose you want all wii games to play on a two button game pad?

Seven* buttons, a D-Pad, a motion sensor, a pointer...

Yeah.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Rddflag;756673]Sorta ironic how you've called the controller cheap when it's the most expensive of the lot and contains the most technology and is arguably of much better construction than the SIXAXIS (the thing's see-through!).

I should have corrected myself, I meant cheap design, by the way theres a DualShock 3 coming out

They spent billions of dollars designing it. Still not following you.

[quote=Fate;756706][COLOR=skyblue]No such thing as a pointless button![/COLOR]

Sure there is, it's a button that's not used.

Quoted post: so i suppose you want all wii games to play on a two button game pad?

have you even touched a wiimote before?

Posted by TimeSkipz

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: have you even touched a wiimote before?

yeah(call of duty 3 sucked) but thats not my point,WillisGreeny said simplicity makes a good design, well a two button game pad is pretty simple

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Rddflag;756868]yeah(call of duty 3 sucked) but thats not my point,WillisGreeny said simplicity makes a good design, well a two button game pad is pretty simple

It isn't a two-button pad, though.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Rddflag: I should have corrected myself, I meant cheap design,

The Wiimote is a fucking brick.

Wiimote > Some moron's TV --- 'Nuff said

Quoting Rddflag: well a two button game pad is pretty simple

There's beauty in simplicity.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Speedfreak;756444]I should have corrected myself, I meant cheap design, by the way theres a DualShock 3 coming out

But the DualShock 3 has a pretty cheap design, it's almost entirely unchanged since 1995, and even then Sony only built on the Play Station pad Nintendo designed for them.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Designed for them? The original Play Station was Sony's console! Even if your talking about the snes-cd that was just a add on for the snes so there were so special controllers for those.

Posted by Speedfreak

The SNES-CD was called Play Station. It's just referred to as the SNED-CD because it was Nintendo's answer to Sega's Mega-CD, much like how the next Gamecube was referred to as Gamecube Next for a while when we only knew of Xbox 360 as Xbox Next.

If you can't see any similarity between the original PS1 pad and a SNES pad you're completely blind. The functional difference betwen Nintendo's Play Station pad and Sony's PlayStation pad is nil.