Halo Board

Posted by Phantom75230

Why is there not a Halo Thread?

Posted by Omni

Not enough Halo-related activity to warrant creating a board.

Posted by Alastor

Because if it isn't on a Nintendo console, all discussion can be crammed into less than three threads. :cookie:

Posted by Iris

I don't know, actually. There's enough annoying, brash fanboys such as Alastor around to make it at least moderately successful!

Posted by Alastor

You know it.

Posted by Zeta

VGC would be overrun with idiotic, foul-mouthed 12-year olds that think they're tough shit.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Which would be awesome right?!

HALOOO WOOOO. But yeah, it deserves a board.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Phantom75230: Why is there not a Halo Thread?

There is a thread. There are multiple threads.

Doesn't really need a board.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

There's three Halo threads right now - 'Halo 3', 'Leaving', and 'Halo Discussion' - all in the XBox forum. Not sure much could be made of a Halo board.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

idk, I could totally see it as its own board, what with save films, co-op, etc. At least someone make an "Official Halo 3" thread. It's annoying having three, much like having two Smash threads.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Zeta: VGC would be overrun with idiotic, 12-year olds that think they're tough.

And that's exactly what we want!!! :D:D:D:D:D

don't we already have a bunch of those, except over 18?

oh hey, what's up, vampiro?

Posted by Linkman

tough =/= grim

Posted by Phantom75230

Quoting Angelwing: There is a thread. There are multiple threads.

Doesn't really need a board.

I meant to say Board

Posted by Arcadios

We know what you meant but Halo isn't really Board worthy.

Posted by Linkman

Yeah, we do this anytime a popular game gets released. Truth is we don't need half the game/series/genre boards we have, but Jesse wont get rid of them simply because they're Nintendo. The only time we've ever HAD to make a board because a launch attracted so much traffic was to contain the "Sora Plethora" when KH2 came out (Hi Arc. :-*). Now that board is dead (for the most part), and Jesse wont kill it. So no more. Halo 3's popularity will come and go.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: The only time we've ever HAD to make a board because a launch attracted so much traffic was to contain the "Sora Plethora" when KH2 came out (Hi Arc. :-*). Now that board is dead (for the most part), and Jesse wont kill it. So no more. Halo 3's popularity will come and go.

er, it has more posts than any other board, not counting two dead blogs!!!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Alastor

Do posts count in the Lounge section?

Posted by Zeta

no

Posted by Alastor

Well then.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Linkman: Yeah, we do this anytime a popular game gets released. Truth is we don't need half the game/series/genre boards we have, but Jesse wont get rid of them simply because they're Nintendo. The only time we've ever HAD to make a board because a launch attracted so much traffic was to contain the "Sora Plethora" when KH2 came out (Hi Arc. :-*). Now that board is dead (for the most part), and Jesse wont kill it. So no more. Halo 3's popularity will come and go.

In all honesty, that traffic will kick up again in the KH Board. I believe Square announced 2 or 3 KH psp games a week ago.

No, we don't need a Halo board. If anything, it will end up like the Animal Crossing board.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I don't think it would be as dire as the AC board. Halo 3's got considerable replay value, whereas most people drop Animal Crossing if they forget to play it for a week.

Posted by Omni

They should make a board called "GUNZ, SHOOTAN, FOOTBALL!"

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Omni;755724]They should make a board called "GUNZ, SHOOTAN, FOOTBALL!"
Chill Icebox Discussion.

Posted by Omni

There needs to be one in the gaming section to annoy Speedfreak.

Posted by Wiki

What can i say, ahlo sucks, so i choose no.

Posted by Shade

YOU ARE A PARASITE

FLOOD*

Posted by Jesse Smith

We need a Final Fantasy board!!! How long has that game been populer?? About 16 years!!! :eek:

er, I must of been smoking crack when that n00bie mod convinced me to delete it!!!!

Posted by Omni

Quoting Jesse Smith: er, I must of been smoking crack when that n00bie mod convinced me to delete it!!!!

You smoke crack, Jesse? I'd never have guessed. :wacko:

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: don't we already have a bunch of those?

Yeah because they all love you. I remember how many newbies left quickly saying how much they hated you. I believe most of them were 14 or under.

The fact that the Xbox board already has a few Halo threads is enough. I don't see the point in making a Halo board. Nor did I ever see the point in making specific boards for games.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Sucre: I remember how many newbies left quickly saying how much they hated you.

What's the matter... Too GRIM for you?

I'd say I single-handedly ruined the smoothie shop thread.

Posted by Omni

Not like it was ever that great.

ruined it for the people who enjoyed it, I mean

Posted by Kit

He sure ruined it for me! Thanks Vamp! :cookie:

no problem

Posted by Skitzo Control

Actually, a Halo board makes a lot of sense, with the photo and video uploading abilities of the third installment. Not to mention specific map discussion, gametypes, etc. Look at the Halo Discussion Thread itself: it's a conglomeration of a dozen possible threads.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Omni;755728]There needs to be one in the gaming section to annoy Speedfreak.

Why would it annoy me?

Posted by Omni

Apparently the guns, shooting, football thing was annoying you since you complained about the X and Vampiro doing it so much in the main boards.

Posted by Lemuria

Considering Halo has probably been the best voted first person shooter since Gears of War came out [which was good...but I'm just a fan boy so I'll side with Halo] and Halo 3 was probably the biggest release game title of this ****in' century -- so...we have a **** good population of this board who play Halo 3 online and **** -- so sure...keep the "zomg how u get dis armorzorz" and ****...In an actual Halo board! Sure -- go for it.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Skitzo Control: Actually, a Halo board makes a lot of sense, with the photo and video uploading abilities of the third installment. Not to mention specific map discussion, gametypes, etc. Look at the Halo Discussion Thread itself: it's a conglomeration of a dozen possible threads.

Yep. Forge alone is enough of a reason.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

ITT Xbots

Anyway, a Halo board would be just like the KH board, but instead of the OMG KAWAII LOL ^_______________________^ it'd be full of SHOOTEM GAEM and gold plated alpha male dickery.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ITT halo snobbery

It's not like it's going to get made, but I can totally see it working.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I don't see why not. There truly are enough reasons and I can see it getting plenty of traffic. Hell, if it doesn't fly as a board, I'll make the Blog. If Jesse could be a pal, he would place a link straight to that blog in the Xbox board. That'd be sweet... As a matter of fact, I'll PM him, right now.:)

Posted by Fate

Halo is more deserving than most of the other game-specific sections anyhow.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

The fact that there's a Sonic board warrants a Halo board.

Posted by Jesse Smith

*Is still waiting for a mod to make a poll about that blog.* :D:D:D:D

I'll do it if you'll actually make it...

Posted by Jesse Smith

Depends on how da mods vote!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Omni

Just make the poll. I guess it's popular enough.

Posted by Skitzo Control

So how's that poll going?!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'd imagine pretty well. If a Sex blog gets the OK from mods, this certainly should.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting The X: If a Sex blog gets the OK from mods, this certainly should.

er, it never did!!!! It's called changing da blog topic after it's created!!!!

Posted by Omni

Now change the title of the sex blog to Exotica Erotica already.

Posted by Xero

He won't. He needs Panic's approval. =/

Posted by Shane McMahon

I think there should be one, Halo is awesome.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Is the Halo blog winning the poll? :cool:

Posted by MottaTheHutt

If it isn't that would be totally ridiculous. There's a Sonic board. When was the last time Sonic had a decent game? Ten years?

Sonic Rush

Quoted post: Is the Halo blog winning the poll?

Technically yes.

Posted by Phantom75230

Quoting Arcadios: Halo isn't really Board worthy.

So why is there a sonic board then?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Over two weeks and no action. Give us the news.:)

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Phantom75230: So why is there a sonic board then?

I already made that point. If Sonic is boardworthy, then Halo is boardworthy tenfold.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Most boards i see have little to none activity so if most people are fired up to have a halo one why not let them have it?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Because the mods are racist!

Posted by muffla

we have a crappy kindom hearts board with people who just join the site for that, we should have a halo board for the same kind of people

Posted by S

Comparing your cause to the Soraplethora probably isn't a smart idea.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Yeah, at least a Halo board wouldn't have a "Smoothie Shop"

Quoted post: Over two weeks and no action. Give us the news.

It won the poll technically, just nothing gets done. So yeah.

Posted by Arcadios

That's how VGC rolls.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It won the poll technically, just nothing gets done. So yeah.

Really? It says its tied right now

mod board poll for a blog.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It won the poll technically, just nothing gets done. So yeah.

Time to pull the race card! IT'S CAUSE MASTER CHIEF IS BLACK ISN'T IT!?

Posted by ArchAngel4434

They should ttly make a Halo board. that would be so 1337.

[I was just freaking kidding with the "1337" thing. holy crap, i didn't think so many ppl would be so annoyed by it. Or maybe your all just PMSing?]

Posted by ArchAngel4434

Quoting Phantom75230: So why is there a sonic board then?

Sonic is board worthy. Not as worthy as Halo, but still worthy. Im not sure what you have against Sonic, but its pretty annoying. Every time the name Sonic comes up you start *****ing (no offense) about something or another. Sonic is not much different in age than Mario, and that (and its popularity) makes it a classic. I'm not saying its my favorite game ever, but its not that bad.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Umm... Mario is much older than Sonic. Remember Jumpman? Get your facts straight.
---
Sonic doesn't deserve a board because it's just nowhere near as popular as Halo, nor are the games adding anything new to the series or its genre.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Mario has almost a ten year edge on Sonic. Plus, Halo has a community side that Sonic doesn't, thus why it deserves a blog at least.

HOW GOES THE POLL

like I said, no one voted against it, jesse just won't make it.

Posted by cool gamer dad

that's hella not 1337.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

not 1337 indeed. im gonna start PMSing

Posted by Colonel

It'd be the Kingdom Heart Board all over again.

Posted by Omni

Jesse, just once do something the members ask for. If you think about it, doing this and then denying the next one would be a bigger blow.

Posted by Slade

Jesse, I'll give you one good reason to make the Halo Board right now: The Judge.

Posted by Arcadios

lol xbox live feature up but I don't think I see a Halo board.

Quoting Colonel: It'd be the Kingdom Heart Board all over again.

Nah, far from it.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

The Halo 3 board won't have a "Smoothie Shop."