The Master Hand

Posted by Xero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CiiDYeOxi0

Apparently, there is a way to play as the Master Hand. I never heard of this trick before. Although I wouldn't play with this character at all. It's slow and easy to defeat. And the guy was playing against a simple level 7 computer and he had a hard time.

Posted by Kit

It's there for Easter egg purposes. If you want to win go somebody else.

Looks like a Gameshark but I don't have an N64 so I can't try this. I'll have to get a ROM and try.

Posted by Xero

Same. If my dad wouldn't have sold my N64, I'd be testing those easter eggs, but right now I'm into SNES games. I'll go for a N64 emulator later on.

Edit: Fix'd

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

N64 emulator.

Posted by Litbut

Not just any emulator, it was hacked too. My explanation: You can see the emulator box flashing. Not only that, I know Smash Bros. inside and out. Master Hand does not respawn, so KOing it would most likely cause the game to crash unless you hacked it even more to make it respawn.

Posted by Stalolin

There are ways to shark into him. I've done it before and he's got buttons for all of his moves, probably meaning that somewhere along the line they had planned to make him playable, but didn't.

oh yeah, and don't shark it, my game crashed after i won and then i could only play as mario in the single player mode