Help me with my homework =(

Posted by Speedfreak

I just started uni but I'm still in my induction week (which means no real work yet) but they've given us one small peice of homework:

Find out what the highest grossing downloadable online game is.

It's not subscription-based, so it's not WoW. Other than that it's not Starcraft that's the only clue I have. I've been searching for hours and I've got nothing. I have a feeling it's some indy flash game or something, though.

I've eliminated Counter Strike because it got no revenue from downloads.

Posted by Unite

maple story?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;754269]I've eliminated Counter Strike because it got no revenue from downloads.

CS1.6 has always been a paid download since 2000.

Are you doing some kind of games development course?

Posted by muffla

all i can thnink of right now is track mania, but my dad works with ads in video games so ill call him up later

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Trackmania's freeware.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm almost 95% positive it's a pop cap game, possibly Bejeweled. Did google not turn anything up?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;754369]I'm almost 95% positive it's a pop cap game, possibly Bejeweled. Did google not turn anything up?

I was trying to think of that game all friggin' night. That's what I'm going to use, if it ends up being right you get infinite rep forever.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Speedfreak: If it ends up being right you get infinite rep forever.

Bah!!! Over 30,000 points!!! He has way more than enough rep!!!!!!!!!! Spend it all on de-reping WackoHater so he has -30,000 points when he comes back!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Oh wait, I mean shut up.

Quoted post: I was trying to think of that game all friggin' night. That's what I'm going to use, if it ends up being right you get infinite rep forever.

Was I right?

Posted by Speedfreak

Still haven't found out. Apparantly we're supposed to just write up our answer, cite our sources and shove it in our portfolio. What the right answer is doesn't matter all that much as long as we think about why it's the most popular and learn from it.

So uh, your full name?

VAMPIRO V. EMPIRE
[url]www.vgchat.com[/url] (http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=754369&postcount=6)

lol