Weddings

Posted by Dexter

Going to Florida for my best friend's wedding tomorrow. I'll be gone for about a week. No dancing's allowed. I'll be packing my Footloose references with me. The last wedding I went to had intense dancing and even a fire-breathing act! So much fun. I've never been the best man at a wedding before. Good thing I'm decent at speeches for I'm the best man for this one.

I've been to over 20 weddings in my life. Some good, others bad. I've even been to a cosplay themed wedding, where the couple were dressed up like characters from an anime.

You?

Posted by Omni

I've only been to 3. Where in Florida?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Dexter: where the couple were dressed up like characters from an anime.

...Panic's parents?

I know. Old joke.

I've been to 2 weddings. I hated both. I was glad about the overall event, but having to sit in a church and then spend hours speaking to people I'll probably never see again or barely more than twice really annoys me.

Only the dancing part is worth it because that's where I just forget about...the wedding itself :)

Posted by Dexter

Those key islands, I guess. I've been there before. It's pretty nice. I'll be sure to take numerous pictures and share them on my return. Someone talk Fate and Carlos into going. That'd be cool!

Posted by Omni

Oh, I haven't been there. I live near Orlando.

Quoting Dexter: Someone talk Fate and Carlos into going. That'd be cool!

I'm pretty sure they live in Texas now.

Posted by Sable Wind

Fate and Carlos live in Texas now...

I've been to a few weddings. I like them, they're really fun.

Posted by Dexter

Texas is probably the worst state, especially to have a wedding. It's only a good place for horror films. I thought they had class?

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Eh, only ever been to one, and it was in a courtroom, and I was a little kid, so.... Yeah, I don't think it should count. :(

**Edit: I have been to plenty of funerals, though. :) ((Thirteen, to be exact.))

Posted by Iris

I've gone to like, 30 some weddings. Only knew people from like 11 of them though.

I didn't realize they lived in Texas now. I just hope Fate and Big Boss can avoid border patrol while they're down there.

Posted by Shade

I've been to one, and that was earlier this year. It was extremely boring and the second I was allowed to leave was one of the happiest moments of my life.

The banquet hall did make a **** good cheesecake, though.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Shade:
The banquet hall did make a **** good cheesecake, though.

mmmm...:(

Both cakes I had at the weddings I went to were terrible. They both tasted...fake. I was tired of eating it after 2 bites. And I'm usually not picky with cakes.

Cheesecakes are so delicious. It would be the cake I'd get for my wedding.

Posted by Shade

Cheesecake is the only cake I like. :)

Posted by Xero

I used to love McCain cakes. And then I tasted a real cheesecake and realized what I was missing out with those ****ty american products all along.

All this to say "Me too" :)

Posted by Slade

I've been to four or five weddings so far. The two best ones were my brothers'. Even though I was involved in both ceremonies I didn't make any speeches. I was too uncomfortable about it, seeing as I don't know my brothers that well, and I really didn't know their wives at that point.

My older brother's wedding was more fun. There was lots of good music, dancing, and weird Filipino wedding traditions(from the bride's side of the family). It was pretty hilarious to see my brother dancing with trails of dollar bills hanging off his clothes. He even had on a makeshift hat made of them.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've only been to two weddings, but particapted in both. I was a flower girl at my aunt and uncle's wedding when I was younger, then was a bridesmaid at one of my cousin's weddings.

Posted by The Judge

I want a football themed wedding.

Posted by Ant

I've been to two. First I was like eight or so. My Uncle was marrying my now aunt and I was eight. It was in Vegas, which was cool I guess. Then, once again, when I was sixteen or so for my father's coworkers daughter who used to babysit me when I was like 4 or so. Then lived with for awhile. I didn't actually speak to her then though, it was a pretty average wedding though. Kind of boring since I didn't know anyone though.

Posted by The Judge

And I will have a football themed wedding.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I went to one two weeks ago. They had an open bar, and I got to wear a suit! I really enjoyed it.

the end

Posted by The Hate

Ive been to 2 weddings that I can remember. One was a costume party and I dressed as a basball player.

Posted by Dexter

I'm back from my recent wedding adventure. 150 bucks to rent a tux!

Posted by Xero

150$? That's pretty expensive =/

I hope it was worth it though. Did you enjoy it?

Posted by Dexter

I did. It was, after all, my best friend’s wedding. Fairy was with me too and the whole experience was very nostalgic, bringing us back to the golden days. The heat in Florida is awful, but the bright green plants and crocodiles more than make up for it. Not to mention all the wonderful swamps. Still not sure I can bring myself to move there, even though many people I love reside there.

We were racing with golf carts. That was so much fun. I felt like I was playing Mario Kart: Double Dash. I say Double Dash because each cart had someone on the back holding on for their lives. I fell off once and hurted myself.

Also, my best man speech was a smash hit. Had them laughing and understanding. Wasn't planned either; totally winged it.

Posted by Zeta

Isn't every best man speech winged?

Posted by Dexter

No.

Posted by Zeta

Everything I know is a lie. :(

Posted by Slade

Man, that sounds like fun.

And you reminded me of how I was a chaperon at a more recent wedding. My job was to carry people from their cars to the top of a hill where all the action was at in a golf cart. Only problem was my golf cart was electric, so I could barely make it up this hill when it was loaded with fat people.

My friend was driving a gas-powered cart, so his went a little faster uphill than mine, but I found out that on the downhill there was no gear to slow mine down so it went way too fast. It was great. We played tag amongst all the parked cars at full speed for a while, and spent some time keeping the two or three guys who snuck in their own liquor from doing anything really stupid. Best part: seeing the groom's 250+ lbs father dance like Michael Jackson. He was really good.

Posted by G-Sides

4 weddinz, 3 memorable ones.
1st one i was totally 9 and totally the ring bearer. 8-) danced, aww'd the ladies, was a pimp
2nd one i was just a guy but met cutecutecute women from the bride's side. 8-) danced, aww'd the ladies, was a p.i.m.p
3rd one i was just a guy and diabetes'd in the middle of it and went back up to the hotel room. apparenty, my little bro and my uncle had a crunk 'dance off' while i was gone, which i was thoroughly disappointed in missing.
welp
i shall attend numerous more tho!