Ozzy Black Rain, like it?

Posted by majin_vegeta1

What do you think of ozzy's new album black rain? I bought it the other day & it kicks ***.

Posted by Omni

It's an okay album if you're into Ozzy Osbourne's newer stuff. He has better albums for sure, but I guess his fans enjoy it. It's nothing new or revolutionary.

Posted by Shade

Did not like.

Posted by Fragliche

"Not Going Away" should've been named "This Is The Last Album", "I Don't Wanna Stop" was supposed to be "I'm Gonna Take A Nap And Let A Computer Do This", and "The Almighty Dollar" is actually called "I forgot some time ago how to write music, my voice is almost completely worthless, and I needed to pay the bills so I decided to release another steaming pile of shit so I could do stuff."

I don't think Ozzy tries to put out disappointing music for his classic fans, but... this is just sad. He should have quit after Under Cover, in my honest opinion. His last enjoyable album was Ozzmosis... and if anybody says otherwise, they are true idiots and have no actual idea what good music is.

Now, I'll give him SOME credit for this album-- he released it in "eco-friendly" packaging that was made from recycled paper, which means he cares about our planet slightly more than Hummer owners, but quite a bit less than his trashy fans at concerts who make an unholy mess.

Truthfully, I hate Black Rain and only have it for the reason to say I have the complete Ozzy Osbourne discography. :/

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I actually liked Ozzmosis a good bit, even if half the songs bordered on "cheesy power ballad"

Everything after that however...pretty useless. But Ozzy is right, he "Don't wanna stop" because he doesn't know how. He was gonna retire the first time back in like '93, but he changed his mind.Then a few years later,the whole Ozzfest thing started. He doesn't really even need the money anymore, so why does he keep it up?

I guess fishing and golf aren't his thing.

Posted by Omni

I'm assuming that he makes music because he likes touring and seeing his fans, since he's already made enough money where he doesn't really need anymore. Ozzy's the highest selling metal act of all time by far. Calling someone an idiot for being a fan of something isn't really necessary unless they're blatantly stupid about it.

As for him forgetting how to write music, he hasn't written the majority of any songs he's recorded. This goes back to Black Sabbath. Ozzy usually decides the vocal melodies, and lyrics and music are written around that. His band and professional songwriters write and compose nearly all of his lyrics and all of the music.

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting Omni: I'm assuming that he makes music because he likes touring and seeing his fans, since he's already made enough money where he doesn't really need anymore. Ozzy's the highest selling metal act of all time by far. Calling someone an idiot for being a fan of something isn't really necessary unless they're blatantly stupid about it.

As for him forgetting how to write music, he hasn't written the majority of any songs he's recorded. This goes back to Black Sabbath. Ozzy usually decides the vocal melodies, and lyrics and music are written around that. His band and professional songwriters write and compose nearly all of his lyrics and all of the music.

Hmm...I was going to say something to Frag 'n gang...but that indeed wraps it up. Enough said folks.

Posted by fates warning

I used to like ozzy osbourne quite a bit, but after a while it got boring. This album is probably no different, although I cant say I have listened to it.

Posted by Richaod

Ozzy's always been carried by his guitarists - Tony Iommi and Randy Rhoads are both legendary, and Zakk Wylde's not bad either, even if he's inclined towards pinch harmonics and pentatonic shredding.

Another dodgy thing about the album (which I haven't listened to) - the special edition's being released something like 6 months after the original release. >_> And it includes the album booklet, which for some reason the original didn't have.

Posted by Ilikefluff

I like this album, it gives the fans something new and diffrent, zakk wylde has been doing alot of stuff in 07' and i think this a really big thing to join back with ozzy,,,

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I think Ozzy is a blabbering old geriatric and Ozzmosis was the last bit of his droppings I could tolerate.

Posted by Ilikefluff

*** the guy is 60,wait till he's 80 and ready to die then he will be old,, what would iomme and geezer do with out ozzy,there other project would suck.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Actually, Heaven&Hell sounds better than Black Sabbath does these day's. Dio still has some degree of vocal power, of course Ozzy was never known for his range anyway.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

What I've heard of it sounds quite a bit better than what I heard of Down To Earth, so I'll give Oz credit for that.

Posted by starryeyezmel

not good, not good at all.