30 Mins of 90's Cartoons Openings

Posted by Arcadios

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QmcKGcKW76M

I felt this video to be very nostalgic since I watched most of these shows as a kid. :(

Posted by Ant

The Pirates of Dark Water, Sam&Max, the one with the monster and two worlds, Mighty Max, Sherlock Homes in 22nd Century, Sonic Underground, Back to the Future, Bill&Teds Excellent Adventures, Dragon Warrior were the only ones I didn't recognize or even knew existed. Everything else I knew, and watched for the most part completely.

For whatever reason though he didn't put any of the Nicktoons in.

Posted by S

Only ones i didn't see were Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Dragon Warrior, and Back to the Future. That was ****ing awesome though.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Gargoyles? **** yeah.

Posted by nich

Jesus, that was wondrful. Too many good shows to list, but Batman, Gargoyles, and Pokemon stirred the most feeling for me. How ****ing awesome was the first season of Pokemon? I have to find those episodes somewhere.

Posted by Linko_16

50% of it was stuff I'd seen. Man, the original Pokemon has got to be one of the greatest examples of how awesome a TV show intro can be. I seriously tear up sometimes when I hear it. Others, like Batman, were the more unconventional intros that make it equally interesting, and completely set the mood for the rest of the show. Then there are the Steven Spielberg Warner Brother cartoon intros (Animaniacs, Freakazoid, et cetera) which have like the best lyrics ever done. All awesome.

The other 50% was stuff I knew existed, but I was too young/stupid to know where or when to find them on TV. Mario? Sonic? Dragon Warrior? Do want.

Wasn't Swat Katz early 90's? That completely should've been in there. Anyway, I gotta watch the 80's one now.

Posted by Linko_16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bto7l3cKhvk&NR=1

Heathcliff was ten times as cool as Marmaduke. Why pair him with that hack?

Hell yes, Voltron. It's so lame by today's standards, but I still watch it on adult swim after a sleepless night anytime I have the chance to. Anyone remember that one rip-off, G-Force? I think I ended up watching more of that than Voltron.

80's Disney > 90's Disney. Duck Tales and Chip and Dale were awesome. That line in the Duck Tales intro, "Danger lurks behind you, there's a stranger out to find you" always seemed like the most sinister thing, completely creeps me out every time.

80's Video Game Shows > 90's Video Game Shows. I loved 80's Mario and Sonic and whatnot. Today's video game shows are ten times as bad, though, how did that happen? Lol @ Captain N, I forgot how much they messed up Mother Brain for that show. And, of course... EXCUUUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS.

Peanuts is forever epic. Actually, thanks to the fact that the show was called the "Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show," I didn't know it by the name "Peanuts" as a kid.

But wait, no Thunder Cats? What's with this guy and leaving out these kick-***, cat-related cartoons?

Man, there was just this golden age of cartoons that started in the 80's and ended in the 90's. I'm going to spend my whole life missing that.

Posted by nich

Quoting Linko_16: Man, there was just this golden age of cartoons that started in the 80's and ended in the 90's. I'm going to spend my whole life missing that.

Here here. What the hell happened? There's some pretty good cartoons on now but nowhere near the caliber of those shows. And its not just that I was a kid or what have you, Batman TAS is still one of the best adaptations of Batman, ever.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, really, what do they have now? The Batman? What is that ****?

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Pirates of Darkwater was one of the best shows that was never finished. You can't have a show with pirates without having swearing in it. You can't have a kids' cartoon show with swearing in it. So what do they do? They invent swear words to replace the existing ones with! It's commonplace now, thanks to the stinky Battlestar Galactica remake, but I can't think of too many shows that did that before Pirates of Darkwater.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Linko_16: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bto7l3cKhvk&NR=1
80's Disney > 90's Disney. Duck Tales and Chip and Dale were awesome.

granted those two were the best one's of the disney cartoons. They were really late 80's like, 89 I think.

After watching both the 80's and 90's videos. I believe I enjoyed the 90's cartoons a lot more. Even beyond the fact that those were the one's I watched more as a child, but a lot of the 80's cartoons looked extremely cheap. Basically the same quality you'd expect from the 70's.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I always thought Pinky and the Brain were part of the Animaniacs show because it always came on after it.

Posted by Ant

It was, then it got it's own show.