Phases

Posted by Speedfreak

Any of you guys have phases where you're really into one particular system over all your others, or do you pretty much like all of them evenly over the whole generation?

I change phases every couple of months or so, back at the beginning of the year I was really into my Wii, then the games dried up and I picked up some new DS games. Right now I'm really into PC gaming because of games like Half-Life 2, BioShock and C&C3, and I'm eagerly looking forward to Orange Box, Crysis and Far Cry 2, though I anticipate Wii will take over again in a couple of weeks once Metroid is out. PS2's getting some love too, with Shadow of the Collossus replays and Capcom VS SNK 2.

At any time where I'm not in any particular phase at all, i.e. when all my systems bore me, I buy a new system.

Posted by Echo

I don't go through extended phases like that, but my mood at the moment definitely determines what game I'm going to play. If I want to just play for a few minutes or have some simpler fun I pick up my DS, but if I have time and am in the mood for more "serious" gameplay I usually play on my PC or Wii. I don't really determine what game(s) I want to play by what console they are on, I just play whatever sounds most fun at the moment.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX

I jest, sorta. The only consoles I've been playing for the past 6 months are the 360 and DS, with the occasional PC gaming session with my buddies. Orange Box will change everything, though.

Posted by Speedfreak

Ah, but which system are you getting it on?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

PC, definitely.

Posted by maian

Eh, I suppose I do, but it's only because certain games will get old. Since I unfortunately only own Nintendo systems at the moment, I have my phases with those. But typically, it goes between GC, N64, and SNES. Right now though, the only playable systems I have right now are Wii and PSP. I've been playing my PSP like mad, but that's because I just got it, it as SNES on it, and Metal Gear Solid. :)

Posted by Slade

I usually switch between groups of games, regardless of what systems they're on. Each game is typically on a different system, though. The only rule appears to be that I have to switch before I finish any of the games.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, I go through phases with a system. Right now I've been playing a lot of xbawks. I have years worth of games to catch up on, because I just got the system a little while ago. Before that it was the PS2 phase, and I'll pick up my DS every so often. It really depends on what type of game I feel like playing. Sometimes I juggle three systems per day. It varies.

[quote]PC, definitely.

I was going to tell you to get it for 360 because that's what I can only get it for, but then I remembered you're never on the same time as me. :mad:

Posted by The Hate

Ps2, Ps2, Ps2, Ps2, Ps2, Ps2, Ps2, Ps2. I dont wanna buy a ps3. I want a 360.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Phases? Not really... I just play the system that currently has the game I want. Whether it's the PS3 (that didn't last long,) DS, Wii or Xbox. So, though I don't play all systems equally, I don't go through any phases where I need to play one over the other, good games be ****ed.

Posted by Fate

I don't go through console phases, I go through gametype phases. Sometimes I'm in the mood for an RPG, so I play through one of my old ones again or buy a new one. Right now, I'm in the mood for console shooters, so that's what I'm doing. Consoles don't matter to me.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Fate: I don't go through console phases, I go through gametype phases. Sometimes I'm in the mood for an RPG, so I play through one of my old ones again or buy a new one. Right now, I'm in the mood for console shooters, so that's what I'm doing.

I have those. I have a stack of RPG's that I started and did not finish because I fell out of my RPG phase. Pokemon and Final Fantasy have begun to put me back in that phase, so I hope I can get some of them finished.

I do have console phases, I guess, but it's seldom based on what I'm feeling like as much as it is what's available. It was the GameCube for a long while while it was still putting out good stuff, but now that its time is over and the Wii does not have anything too strong yet, I've been putting away PS2 games I haven't played.

Posted by Big Boss

I go through game phases for the most part, not console phases (sometimes a game type). Last couple of weeks I had an itch for MGS, but now I'm growingly wanting to play a Metroid Prime game.

Also, I've been suppressing a desire to get into a massively long, epic game, but I'm holding out for Mass Effect. It's like your girlfriend being away on vacation when you're horny, yet refusing to slap the monkey until she gets back.

However, I have had a history of having old school console phases. Sometimes I've felt like wanting to play anything good on the SNES or N64, not focusing on a specific game or genre in particular. Still, it doesn't happen with the current or not-so-old consoles.