New Megaman Legends game announced at TGS!

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

[img]http://www.bigshuannie.com/images/rockmandash4koma.JPG[/img]

Posted by Zeta

*******it why can't Capcom do anything right anymore?

Posted by Stalolin

DS OR BUST

though we all know it's going to the psp =(

which means I'm going to have to find my PSP

ASIDE FROM THAT THIS MAKES ME GIDDY AS A SCHOOL GIRL, BECAUSE IF THIS DOES WELL, CAPCOM WILL CONTINUE THE SERIES ON ANOTHER SYSTEM (pray for wii or 360)

Posted by Roger Smith

Capcom deserves bankruptcy. Also.

On the summer of 2006, according to a member of IntiCreates (developers of the Mega Man Zero and Mega Man ZX series) in a fan forum, when the company submitted a "project book" to series producer Keiji Inafune for possible development of a sequel, it was rejected [citation needed]. The reason for this is unknown. However, many speculate that such a project could be reserved for the game's original team.

During the interview mentioned earlier, Inafune gave an interesting quote:

"The Framework engine that we used for our next-gen titles, creating it was not easy -- it took talented individuals. One was the main programmer on Mega Man Legends. He said, while creating it, he was envisioning how Lost Planet would fit in it, and how Dead Rising would fit, and on top of that, now 'any time you want to make a Mega Man Legends game with Framework, it's ready. All I need is the go and we can slap Mega Man in there.'"

He claims that creating a Rockman game for the next generation consoles would cost around $15 million to fund and develop [2]. He also expressively wished for that next-gen title to be a Rockman DASH 3. Unfortunately, however, he believes that it is not currently possible to produce such a title under Capcom's bankroll; He joked that he'd produce it with Electronic Arts.

In another very recent interview from 1UP on July 30, 2007, Inafune said he wants to make a sequel [3].

"One of the topics we discussed in our last interview was what it would take for you to create the final piece of the Mega Man Legends saga, and it pretty much came down to a lot of money. Well, I ran a poll last night to gauge people's interest in the long-lost threequel and the results were pretty significant, especially since the poll has only been up less than a day. I just wanted to let you know there was some bona fide interest in the game and that you shouldn't give up on it.

Keiji Inafune: [Laughs] I'm pretty high up in Capcom, but perhaps once I'm a little higher up and they'll let me make any game I want then I can do it. But not quite yet, I still have to answer to management."

"1UP: So does this mean you have a next-gen Onimusha cookin'?

KI: In the position I have at Capcom, none of our franchises really die. So there's always something floating around in my head and when next-generation hardware comes out, the topic comes up. So of course I think of every Capcom franchise, and while I might not think concretely about "this is what I want to do," but any game that we ever make I'm always thinking what I could do with a sequel. More than an Onimusha sequel, personally I'd rather make the sequel to Mega Man Legends 3. [Laughs] So it's just about convincing the right people to let me make it. "

On that same week, an editor of 1up.com had posted a poll about said game, asking what console would gamers liked to play the title on [4].

Ultimately, however, there are no current plans for a Mega Man Legends 3/Rockman DASH 3.

* Tokyo Game Show at Capcom booth shows that another Rockman Dash/Mega Man Legends for mobile phones [5].

Posted by Stalolin

oh

that kind of mobile game

off to commit suicide bai

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/84/92/22959284.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Zeta

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/anhero.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by WillisGreeny

This sux. Obviously Capcom has the wrong people makeing the decisions if they're refusing Inafune funds and a team to make a game. How much success does a game developer need before the bosses finally trust him?

Posted by Fate

:(

Posted by Linko_16

Hang on. Mobile... as in a phone game?

Posted by Zeta

First Parasite Eve, now this...

What the ****, Japan.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Linko_16;751662][COLOR=indigo]Hang on. Mobile... as in a phone game?[/COLOR]'

Yeah, meaning no one's going to play it. :(

I really just don't understand. Wouldn't it be more profitable if they released this game for the DS or the PSP?

By the way there's also gonna be a Devil May Cry and Resident Evil for mobile phones.

Just what the hell kind of phones does Japan have anyway?

Posted by Red

I'm not getting too depressed, eventually there WILL be a MML3/RD3.
we just have to be patient. let's hope they pick the right system and it's not terrible.

call me a fag, but I want it on PS3. this is because I'm a Sony fanboy and because I think it would be terrible on Wii. any Nintendo fanboy don't take this personally but no game on Wii has good controls, playing with the Wii mote is just annoyying and uncomfortable somtimes. it certainly doesn't belong on an Xbox so that leaves PS3. I know no one else agrees but whatever.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]no game on Wii has good controls

You've only played Red Steel, haven't you?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

whoever did image did it completely wrong. Misuse of negative get. Only thing noteworthy about this thread.

Posted by Red

Quoting Zeta: You've only played Red Steel, haven't you?

no I've played plenty of games and when I say no Wii game has good controls I don't mean compared to other Wii games because yeah obviously something like Zelda or Metroid has better controls than Red Steel but I'm talking about holding an actual controller like X360 or PS3's and comparing it to Wii.

I'd much rather play it without the Wiimote as the controls feel much more comfortable on a normal controller.

Posted by Linko_16

I don't know about the Wii having a worse controller than PS3 or X-Box 360, but... it's true that, considering what the controls were for the two previous Mega Man Legends games, putting it on Wii would require a drastic change that I'd rather not have. Despite the whiners who hated them, I really liked those controls.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Point is, Metroid 3 has ****ing awesome controls. If the developers try the controls can be equally as fluid.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Point is, Metroid 3 has ****ing awesome controls. If the developers try the controls can be equally as fluid.

Yes, true, agreed. But I did like Mega Man Legends' controls.

Posted by Red

If the do manke a Ledgends 3 for next gen console(s) I imagine the controls being like Kingdom Hearts, which would be cool because they work pretty well. although I have a feeling they MIGHT just screw it up by making them similar to X7....which wasn't so great.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: If the developers try

The question is whether they'll be arsed to try..

Quoting Red: although I have a feeling they MIGHT just screw it up by making them similar to X7

I don't imagine them screwing up MML that much...what made X7 bad was the transition to 3D really. Since MML is already 3D to begin with this shouldn't be a problem.

Posted by Red

I wasn't bashing X7, I was bashing it's controls. the controls weren;t really terrible but weren't exactly good.

Posted by Roger Smith

X7 defies physics by sucking and blowing at the same time.

Posted by Red

I feel like a bad megaman fan when I say this....but I actually liked X7 :(.

I found it fun, I'll admit to it's crappiness of many things but aside from that I found the gameplay to still be fun.

Posted by Roger Smith

Just play X8 lol.

Posted by Red

lol playing the demo was enough.

...unless, is it actually decent?

Posted by Roger Smith

I played the UK version on my PC and I enjoyed it, even though I played it using a ****ty PC controller. PS2 version superior.

Posted by Stalolin

X8 had some decent parts to it, but it's still no X4.

Quoting Red: I wasn't bashing X7, I was bashing it's controls. the controls weren;t really terrible but weren't exactly good.

I realized that, and I wasn't bashing on X7 in general either; in fact I applaud Capcom for attempting something new for the series. Still, it came out really unpolished, it felt really cramped in boss fights, and the whole 3D thing made both platforming and shooting not fun at all. I wish they just stuck to "2 1/2D" like Contra did.

Posted by Red

Quoting iluvgirlswithglasses: it felt really cramped in boss fights

except for one boss in particular...I think you all know who I'm talking about :-D

anyway I don't know why everyone loved X4 so much? I personally liked 5 alot and everyone seemed hate that one. is there somethign wrong with me as a megaman fan?

Posted by Linko_16

I liked X8 a lot. It made me not hate Axl. The only problem with it is that it relied on instant-death traps (pits, spikes, et cetera) a lot, so stages could be ****ed frustrating sometimes.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting iluvgirlswithglasses: I realized that, and I wasn't bashing on X7 in general either; in fact I applaud Capcom for attempting something new for the series. Still, it came out really unpolished, it felt really cramped in boss fights, and the whole 3D thing made both platforming and shooting not fun at all. I wish they just stuck to "2 1/2D" like Contra did.

Uh....Capcom didn't attempt anything 'new' with X7-8. Basically it was ****ty pseudo 3-D/2-D gameplay in a equally ****ty 3-D world. Instead of making X7-8, they should have pooled their money together and made Legends 3.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I never really consider 7 and 8 part of the series since I hate Axl. wtf is he doing with the X team? He's like tails in Sonic, except tails has been around long enough that his annoying mannorisms are accepted. Axl just buds in the robot duet, ****ing up the partner system.

Quoting Roger Smith: Uh....Capcom didn't attempt anything 'new' with X7-8. Basically it was ****ty pseudo 3-D/2-D gameplay in a equally ****ty 3-D world. Instead of making X7-8, they should have pooled their money together and made Legends 3.

Well...it was new for the series anyway..though it wasn't exactly a good choice. At least someone in Capcom sought to bring some freshness into MMX..though again, bad choices.

Speaking of MML...I've always wondered, did it not sell well or something? Why isn't Capcom giving it much attention?

Posted by Red

no, they're giving it attention, they know it's popular and everyone wants a third...K. Inafine just doesn't have the money to make one.