Bioshock

Posted by Pit

Great ****ing game. I saw Lisa playing it, how you like it?

Posted by Last Fog

Dude, go check the bioshock thread. It's like... 11 pages long or something lol

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

It's great, I love it. What part are you at?

Alright, I have two questions:

1. After havesting three little sisters you get a gift from Tenenbaum inside a teddy bear. Well, when I went to grab the items I hadn't noticed a splicer in the area or that I was low on health, so I died right before I could grab all the items. The teddy was gone after that and I never did end up getting the first Hypnotize Big Daddy plasmid (although I think I did get the ADAM...). It doesn't really matter now because I have the 2nd upgrade, but what the hell? That shouldn't have happened.

2. If I kill a Big Daddy that is protecting a Little Sister but she disappears before he dies (Hypnotize plasmid, or you get too far away from her) am I ****ed? Will I be able to find her anywhere?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Angelwing;751020]2. If I kill a Big Daddy that is protecting a Little Sister but she disappears before he dies (Hypnotize plasmid, or you get too far away from her) am I ****ed? Will I be able to find her anywhere?

She'll pick up and a new Big Daddy and you'll eventually see her again.

Sweet, thanks.

Posted by Last Fog

NOT sweet, you have to fight one again :mad:

This happened to me twice in a row once.

Yeah, they're a little tough. It's especially nice if you're fighting one right next to a vita chamber.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Fighting Big Daddies is fun and also easy.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, what the hell? It's only halfway challenging on Hard, and even then I just lure them over to the nearest vita chamber. Also, the teddybear shouldn't disappear unless you interact with it. Huh.

I just got another teddy bear which had frags(?) in it but since I couldn't carry anymore I had to leave them. The next second, teddy disappeared. yay

Posted by Pit

So far, it seems i need one more mission. I'm just taking pictures of everything and trying to max out research to get the achievements.

I can't believe you killed the girls Lisa. Punk.

Heh I was starting to, but then I restarted and saved them. :(

and I actually meant rescue, not harvest. Wow, didn't even notice until you just mentioned it.

I'm a little into Point Prometheus now. Only thing I need to max out on photo-wise is a Bouncer, I think.

So Kris, played Viva Pinata yet?

Posted by Pit

No, just finished bioshock also. Just need now to get all the audios, doa playthrough harvesting on hard, scan everything, and make 53 tonics, for the rest of the achievements.

The ending was good, nothing wrong with it, just you know, after such a hot ****ing game, that was kinda unclimatic. I mean, it was a good ending for the game, but i just wanted more.

Viva Pinata doesn't really interest me. The title sounds boring, and I don't get the whole concept. I'm gonna play through Prey, since it's made by 2k and seems to a similar style to bioshock, you know, crazy environment, funky gameplay and ****, and CoD2.

Yeah, I still need to get research done on a camera, but I've hacked most of them and the two(?) I've found are shooting at too low of a score...I think I'm screwed.

Really? That's a shame, especially for such a great game.

Viva Pinata is fun to pick up and play here and there. Basically you have a garden, and the goal is to attract wild pinatas into it (by planting certain trees, having a certain amount of grass/water etc.) then meeting the requirements for a certain pinata species so they will become a resident of your garden. Certain species don't like each other, so they fight until one loses (exploding pinatas are fun). But yeah, it's a fun, cutsy game. You should at least give it a try.

Yeah, I've been wanting to play Prey. Wonder how long it is...

CoD2 online rite? You should also get Rainbow Six: Vegas.

Posted by Pit

**** Rainbow Six. I'll play it for the single player, and CoD, but I really don't like realistic type FPS's, or video games for that matter unless it's single player. I tend to suck at games where one bullet kills. I'm not much for stealth.

Plus, Halo 3 comes out this tuesday. You should get it on that Lisa. It's gonna be the online game for your white box for the next 3 years.

Heh I am getting it, but probably not on tuesday. Soon afterwards, though.

Quoted post: I'm not much for stealth.

CoD4 is far from stealth. It's just as run-and-gun as Halo.

Posted by Kit

I've started this on hard. I'm at the part just before Arcadia. (With Atlas)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Pit;751682]Viva Pinata doesn't really interest me. The title sounds boring, and I don't get the whole concept.

Try the demo. It's around 3 hours long, and you get a good feel for everything in the game. I enjoyed it, but the lack of direction was slightly annoying. I was just breeding and breeding and breeding and breeding until I ran out of space.

I might return to Bioshock soon, and get the tonics/diaries, and then finish the fight on Hard. Every time someone quotes the game, I really want to play it.

You know, you should really only have three, maybe four species in your garden at a time when breeding. Trees also take up alot of space.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I had the little worm guys, Sparrowmints, Bunnycombs and the flies. A snake kept coming in and stirring up **** though.

Really? My syrupents hardly stirred up a ruckus unless there was a mousemallow or lickatoad around.

****, that ***** destroyed half my garden. I really wish there was a genocide button or something.

But yeah, agreed with X. As much as I enjoy games that don't force you down a linear path, VP really had no direction, so I didn't really get a sense of accomplishment and rarely any sense of overall progression. See, Oblivion got it right, same with Bioshock. You always had a specific goal to accomplish but you were never rushed to do anything. That I liked. VP didn't get the balance right, even though it was a fairly well crafted game.

Yeah, it's basically only fun to pick up for a little bit at a time, leave, then do so again down the road. The only goal there really is is to acquire all ACHIEVEMENTS.

The pinata that ****ed me up the most was the fudgehogs. There's always the small satisfaction of beating him with a shovel.

Posted by Zeta

ARE YA READY KIDS?

I CAN'T HEEEEEAR YOOOOOOU

OOOOOOOOOH

WHO LIVES IN A SKYSCRAPER UNDER THE SEA

AN-DREW RY-AN

ECCENTRIC, AMBITIOUS, AND MOUSTACHED IS HE

AN-DREW RY-AN

IF OBJECTIVIST NONSENSE BE SOMETHIN YA FEAR

AN-DREW RY-AN

THEN COME DOWN TO RAPTURE IN A BATHYSPHERE

AN-DREW RY-AN

AN-DREW RY-AN

AN-DREW RY-AN

AN-DREEEEEEEEEEW

RY-AAAAAAAAAAAAN

Posted by S

Quoting The X: I had the little worm guys, Sparrowmints, Bunnycombs and the flies. A snake kept coming in and stirring up **** though.

I could've sworn I opened the STD thread...

Quoted post: ARE YA READY KIDS?

I CAN'T HEEEEEAR YOOOOOOU

OOOOOOOOOH

WHO LIVES IN A SKYSCRAPER UNDER THE SEA

AN-DREW RY-AN

ECCENTRIC, AMBITIOUS, AND MOUSTACHED IS HE

AN-DREW RY-AN

IF OBJECTIVIST NONSENSE BE SOMETHIN YA FEAR

AN-DREW RY-AN

THEN COME DOWN TO RAPTURE IN A BATHYSPHERE

AN-DREW RY-AN

AN-DREW RY-AN

AN-DREW RY-AN

AN-DREEEEEEEEEEW

RY-AAAAAAAAAAAAN

stop reading /v/

what is /v/

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

YOU DONT NEED TO KNOW

THE FLOOD MUST NOT SPREAD FURTHER

video game board on 4chan. Where that quote was taken from.

Yeah, I guess I really didn't need to know. Thank *** I've never been.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Angelwing: Yeah, I guess I really didn't need to know. Thank *** I've never been.

never been what? FINISH YOUR SENTENCE SO WE CAN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT K THX.

to /v/

how about you read the posts before it?

Posted by Pit

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: to /v/

how about you read the posts before it?

way to miss the joke dumbass.

Posted by Pit

by the way you're gay

there was no joke

Posted by Pit