Anime music videos

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

Has anyone else heard about this? My friend won't shut up about them. I watched one and I thought it was awesome. I heard it's illegal, so I don't download them. Also, does anybody on here make these at all?

Posted by Mystic Hero

I don't know where you got the impression that it is illegal, but form what I've heard it's very legal. I know a few people that make them as a kind of hobby. Some of them are excellent indeed. You can also find some on the web and watch them There are tons of people that make them. I have one saved of DBZ and a few others. They're not too bad.

Posted by Euthanasia

Yeah very legal indeed. I have made at least about 100 over the past year. It is actually really fun to fdo if you have mega computer space and proper movie editing software ^.^;;

Quoting Euthanasia: Yeah very legal indeed. I have made at least about 100 over the past year. It is actually really fun to fdo if you have mega computer space and proper movie editing software ^.^;;

First off, I'm not sure that it is legal. You're ripping copyrighted footage from a DVD and you're using songs without permission; this is legal? I dunno. I'll ask around.

You make AMVs? Cool. Do you have a site up where you put them? I'd love to see them.

Posted by Mystic Hero

it's legal if you don't sell it like the FBI states. Any copyrighted material sold and bought at a price is considered illegal and they can throw you in jail for that. But most people do it as an art not to get rich off of it.

Posted by Euthanasia

Heh I need a FTP server to put them up onto AMV.org, but I would be happy to send them to you if you would like.

Quoting Euthanasia: Heh I need a FTP server to put them up onto AMV.org, but I would be happy to send them to you if you would like.

AMV.org is great.

Sure. I would love to see a little of your work. I'll even send you a rating, so pick out your best!

Posted by Dragon Ryder

I made a few videos myself came out decent that last one I made was crap due to how much time I spent on it. But I made one with System of a down- ariels with full metal alchemist I gave it a 8 out of 10 myself. i don't know how to set it up on-line and I'm not planning to since the program got deleted. If anyone cares to see it I can send it through AIM. SN = Dragon Ryder 124

Posted by Arczu

While most of them are okay, some of them were horrid (although some AMV's I have were caught of P2P services, so that could be it). Thinking about all the work that goes into these videos, you gotta show some respect. To time everything just right requires the right software and preference. Maybe one day, I will try to make one (even though it would take me a few months...)

Posted by Dragon Ryder

A good program is HT Video (not recomended for slower computers) You can get a demo of it at downloads.com or just search for it in google. anyway If you play around with it you'll catch on and one word of advise is save often.

Posted by Looski

Im newly into these. on amn.org, AMVHell, is pretty good. Id just stick w/ amv.org, its easy and quick.

Quoting Looski: Im newly into these. on amn.org, AMVHell, is pretty good. Id just stick w/ amv.org, its easy and quick.

The only real complaint that my friend and I have with amv.org (they have a new logo now or something) is that, when you first sign up, you can't view any Local download vids for about two weeks (or somewhere around that time period).

Posted by EnTiTyHaCkEr

Yea, that also kinda ticked me off about AMV.org.

Im currently making one using Evangelion footage and Over, a song by The Birthday massacre, to make an AMV. This is the first one that Ive ever made and it will probably turn out kinda cruddy, but what the heck, with the proper stuff and the time, its a whole lot of fun.

Quoting .Entity//: Yea, that also kinda ticked me off about AMV.org.

Im currently making one using Evangelion footage and Over, a song by The Birthday massacre, to make an AMV. This is the first one that Ive ever made and it will probably turn out kinda cruddy, but what the heck, with the proper stuff and the time, its a whole lot of fun.

I'm trying to come up with new ideas for a vid. I've made only one and I'm re-editing it. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to drop that project, but I wanna see if I can make it work.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

you whats fun to do and your suprized that it matchs once in a while. Thst if you put a music video on with divx for example and mute it. Now just put some other song on with similar time span. play them both and you'll be suprized how well some of these songs match.

Posted by Mini Rebew

i've made a few...im not very good though....i'm pretty sure its legal to make them, but getting the content to make them with may be illegal.

Posted by Klarth

no