Hey there

Posted by mitchrlamb

Hi all, Omni just linked me to these forums saying it's music community was excellent so hopefully I can add my two cents (: And maybe some game stuff too.

My last.fm is in my sig, have a look!

Posted by Omni

Hey, I'm glad you decided to join. We don't get a lot of new members who I actually like anymore, but I have a feeling you'll enjoy it here. I already told you about my blog. :)

Posted by Arcadios

Welcome

Posted by Ant

I hope you DON'T find yourself at home here.

Posted by Xero

Welcome to VGC. There are indeed a lot of music lovers here so you'll have a lot of topics where you can contribute. Enjoy :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Mitch Lamb? More like Jack Lamb, amirite?

Posted by Lemuria

Welcome to VGC.

...At least you're somewhat on the right track with Blind Guardian.

Posted by Omni

Not to mention Opeth, Peste Noire, Hammock, Jesu, Alcest, Pelican, Sigh, and a bunch of other amazing bands.

Posted by Corrupt

Ha, your avatar on last.fm is adorable. I'm also on last.fm as Hydropolis, just in case you'd like to add me. Welcome to the forums. If you came here for the music discussion, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Man, I really need to get a new computer and get last.fm back up and running. As well as my downloads. :3

BUT LORWYN COMES OUT IN OCTOBER :[

Welcome dude, you'll be just fine.

Quoted post: Man, I really need to get a new computer and get last.fm back up and running. As well as my downloads. :3

BUT LORWYN COMES OUT IN OCTOBER :[

Welcome dude, you'll be just fine.

it's too late for you. just end it. kill yourself

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting Omni: Not to mention Opeth, Peste Noire, Hammock, Jesu, Alcest, Pelican, Sigh, and a bunch of other amazing bands.

Sorry -- the word amazing requires another word.... skill.

it's funny because all of those bands have a ton of skill and talent

Posted by S

Welcome aboard.

Posted by Lemuria

I wouldn't agree. Vocals are too important to a band; most vocalist now-a-days really can't sing. =D

EDIT: Oh by the way...don't say screaming's a talent or skill. ;)

Quoted post: I wouldn't agree. Vocals are too important to a band; most vocalist now-a-days really can't sing. =D

So you've never listened to any of those bands then? Jesu, Opeth, Alcest all have amazing clean vocals, and Pelican and Hammock, well, they don't even need vocals. Then you have Peste Noire which can dance circles around most other bands with their instruments, and Sigh who can compose better and more complex music than most.

lol how does i judge music without listening to it?

Posted by Omni

I'd imagine that he's heard Opeth, but not a single one of those other bands. Hammock does use vocals on some of their songs, and they're always good when they do. Their instrumental songs are good enough where they definitely don't have to rely on vocals.

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: So you've never listened to any of those bands then? Jesu, Opeth, Alcest all have amazing clean vocals, and Pelican and Hammock, well, they don't even need vocals. Then you have Peste Noire which can dance circles around most other bands with their instruments, and Sigh who can compose better and more complex music than most.

lol how does i judge music without listening to it?

Hehe. Since your assume-ometer just buzzed I'll fill you in. I have indeed heard all of those bands! My buddy Josh and I come from two different 'metal' styles and we constantly compare and listen...oh but wait..how would you of known? Opeth.......you're kidding, right? I'll give you Sigh and Noire...but the rest is just going to be fighting about our opinions and yours nor mine will ever be fact and I'm leaving it at that.

EDIT: Buddy Josh actually travels around the US attending little venues 'n such and brings me back **** to listen to with him. Just can never go with 'em do to college.

idk, if he says Da[COLOR="White"]m[/COLOR]nation had ****ty vocals, then wow.

Quoted post: yours nor mine will ever be fact and I'm leaving it at that.

Mine's a fact.

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:

Mine's a fact.

If you think your opinion is a fact then I suggest you get yourself an education.

Posted by Omni

I guarantee he's never even heard of the band Hammock until I mentioned them in this thread anyway, since they're pretty much unknown and they don't tour or play live.

Quoting Lemuria: If you think your opinion is a fact then I suggest you get yourself an education.

His so-called opinion is fact, since it's actually correct. Music is subjective, not objective. Talent isn't based on opinions.

Welcome to the internet buddy. Everything I say is a fact.

No, but seriously, all of those bands are pretty **** skillful at what they do. You may prefer vocals and no screaming, but that aside they can all play their instruments **** well and that's a fact. There's no subjectivity about it. And I don't know how you don't find Alcest amazing...

Posted by Lemuria

I've only heard samples of them. Like omg myspace has like everythingz

EDIT: To...omni..

Posted by Omni

Okay, find me Peste Noire's official MySpace, since they have everything. :)

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Welcome to the internet buddy. Everything I say is a fact.

No, but seriously, all of those bands are pretty **** skillful at what they do. You may prefer vocals and no screaming, but that aside they can all play their instruments **** well and that's a fact. There's no subjectivity about it. And I don't know how you don't find Alcest amazing...

*Sorry for double posting*

Just to bring something up -- do you play any instruments, Vamp?

Quoted post: I've only heard samples of them. Like omg myspace has like everythingz

That might explain it then.

Quoted post: Just to bring something up -- do you play any instruments, Vamp?

No. I've never touched one in my life.

lol

Posted by Omni

The 5 guitars on his wall are for decorative purposes only.

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting Omni: Okay, find me Peste Noire's official MySpace, since they have everything. :)

[URL="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=168970731"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=168970731[/URL]

Posted by Omni

Are you sure that's an official band MySpace?

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting Omni: The 5 guitars on his wall are for decorative purposes only.

Well, sorry I haven't been in his room in like...omg years?! Normally I wont ask question that I already know the answers to unless I'm being an ***.

Vamp, tell me some instruments you can play. Always cool to converse instrument ****.

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting Omni: Are you sure that's an official band MySpace?

*Sorry for double posting*

Only thing I'm official about is when I say "I don't care". I have heard them before hand and that song that was on there I DON'T GIVE A **** page sucked imo.

Posted by Omni

I hate to say, but aside from Therion, you have pretty bad taste in music and we can't ever be friends.

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting Omni: I hate to say, but aside from Therion, you have pretty bad taste in music and we can't ever be friends.

First of all...I've never befriended anyone who was a ***** and I plan on keeping it that way and I'm glad you understand. Second of all I don't care what you think of my music taste because -- Oh right, I don't care.

Quoted post: Vamp, tell me some instruments you can play. Always cool to converse instrument ****.

Guitar, violin, double bass, bass guitar, piano. That's it for what I can play competently at least.

Quoted post: I have heard them before hand and that song that was on their I DON'T GIVE A **** page sucked imo.

Actually, some of their other songs have fantastic solos and some of the best riffs I've ever heard. You just have to get past the screams and other black metal parts. That's what I meant by skill.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Lemuria: First of all...I've never befriended anyone who was a ***** and I plan on keeping it that way and I'm glad you understand. Second of all I don't care what you think of my music taste because -- Oh right, I don't care.

My last post was a joke. I actually just think you say too many stupid and opinionated things for me to ever be able to enjoy talking to you.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Actually, some of their other songs have fantastic solos and some of the best riffs I've ever heard. You just have to get past the screams and other black metal parts. That's what I meant by skill.

Yeah, and they play amazing black metal anyway. :)

I'd enjoy talking to him :)

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting Omni: My last post was a joke. I actually just think you say too many stupid and opinionated things for me to ever be able to enjoy talking to you.

I think you're a hypocrite and that's why I'll never be able to [and I stress never] enjoy talking to you. You are of a small mind.

Posted by Omni

Remember that you started this argument by making narrow-minded statements before anyone else said anything. You're the hypocrite if you really think I'm of small mind.

Posted by Lemuria

Quoting Omni: Remember that you started this argument by making narrow-minded statements before anyone else said anything. You're the hypocrite if you really think I'm of small mind.

No, I through out my opinion. You fought it.

Posted by Omni

Not really, since you said the first negative statement that could be taken as arguing.

Posted by mitchrlamb

Quoting Corrupt: Ha, your avatar on last.fm is adorable. I'm also on last.fm as Hydropolis, just in case you'd like to add me. Welcome to the forums. If you came here for the music discussion, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Thanks, man. Invite inc (:

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: it's too late for you. just end it. kill yourself

Good news. I can probably fix my Xbox myself before Halo 3 comes out. I have something to live for!

Quoted post: Thanks, man. Invite inc (:

Hey, man, we totally ruined your thread. Awesome.

Quoted post: Good news. I can probably fix my Xbox myself before Halo 3 comes out. I have something to live for!

You're already dead to me.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Wow, surprised I didn't notice this before. Welcome, although that's one creepy fvcking duck in your avatar!

Hope you decide to stick around. Oh yeah, and nice last.fm charts.

Posted by mitchrlamb

Quoting Grave Wisdom: Wow, surprised I didn't notice this before. Welcome, although that's one creepy fvcking duck in your avatar!

Hope you decide to stick around. Oh yeah, and nice last.fm charts.

Thanks (:
That duck was from some corny online quiz from years ago to see what kind of duck you were. It was pretty dumb, but I ended up as a devil duck which I thought was awesome.

Vamp, s'all good. Someone has to defend good metal (:

Posted by Klarth

is your surname 'lamb'

Posted by mitchrlamb

Creative, no?

Posted by Klarth

hey there surname brother!

Posted by mitchrlamb

haha, are you serious?

Suddenly this "Mitch Lamb? More like Jack Lamb, amirite?" must make more sense.

Posted by Klarth

oh no my name is on the internet don't rape me

If only... I could truly say my life had worth.

Posted by Slade

Hey, I was wondering who this mitchrlamb guy was.

NOM NOM NOM

Posted by mitchrlamb

He's pretty amazing. At least amazing enough to get a 3 page intro thread.

Posted by Slade

Yeah, three pages of:

"UR MUSIK SUX"
"NO U"
"I CN PLAY ALL THE GUTIARS"

Pretty amazing indeed.

Just like the rest of VGC

except replace MUSIK with any other possibility.