Nintendo Forums Closed Indefinitely

Posted by knucklesfan

Today I tried to get on the Nintendo Discussion Forums, only to discover that they've been closed - Indefinitely. The forum became read-only on Sept 17th, and will be removed from public view on Sept 24, only one week later. PM's went down with the forum as well, so we don't get a chance to contact our friends for the possible last time.

If you need to see it to believe it, the information is posted on the forum homepage.

Any opinions?

I was majorly bummed that it happened yesterday, and I didn't even know! With today's Brawl update and everything, I was ready to hit the forums for at least a good half-hour. Anyways, Nintendo talked about the growing community of DS and Wii owners, both having Internet browsing capabilities now, so I think that they'll be back after some revamping to make them more DS/Wii friendly.

Anyways, I've got to write a magazine article about Halo for school, so I'll check back periodically. Talk to you guys later!

Posted by Ant

I was utterly devastated. The Nintendo forums meANT so much to me. I would check daily for the latest news on kirby and starfox and when I went on today to see the message I think I was crying for a good 2 hours or so. I depended on the forums for so much. Moral guidance, video game cheats, and other life lessons. But after some thought and talking to my pal kirbykid I learned that I can go to other forums...much like the one you see here.

Posted by knucklesfan

Same here. I totally had forgotten about these forums, since the last time I was on like... 4 years ago ^_^;. But yeah, anyways, what was your username on the forums?

Posted by Poco

Quoting Ant: I was utterly devastated. The Nintendo forums meANT so much to me. I would check daily for the latest news on kirby and starfox and when I went on today to see the message I think I was crying for a good 2 hours or so. I depended on the forums for so much. Moral guidance, video game cheats, and other life lessons. But after some thought and talking to my pal kirbykid I learned that I can go to other forums...much like the one you see here.

too bad HAL developed kirby plus super smash brothers.

Posted by Ant

Quoting knucklesfan: what was your username on the forums?

gayfart

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

s-s-s-sarcasm

also, are we talking about official forums? Because all official forums ****ing suck.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I dunno man...Nintendo forums had some good stuff on occasion. Sad to hear it went.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Nintendo's Official forums had a blanket ban on Friend Code trading. my ***

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Oh, and after reading the website, they're just upgrading Nintendo.com, and it likely has to do with the fact that they're moving headquarters. Big deal.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Blah!!! So there's no way to SPAM them all with links here??!!! grrrr!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/index_forum

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Hmm. So Nintendo has finally begun their diabolical and hideously complicated plan to take over Holland's tulip industry. I wondered when they would launch the early phase.