Which RPGS...

Posted by WillisGreeny

do you think would have had the most improvement if the designers had more time? Another way of looking at this is which games seemed un-finished, or were finished but had a lot more potential.

Chrono Cross has my vote, since the original Chrono Trigger story line was very badly implemented. It's hard to say Cross was a sequal to Trigger, when the characters are hardly the same at all. Since when did Lucca become a nun like orphan care taker person? And what about a follow up on Glenn/Frog. Hell, I'm not sure if more time would have fixed this crazy transition, but it's the best I can do for my own question.

Hope one of you guys have a better one, mine kinda sucked... :(

Posted by S

Xenosaga, for the love of God Xenosaga. Plus, it needed to stick to the original Xenogears plot-line, instead of straying. Seperating from the parent company was probably Xenosaga's inevitable doom, even if it was merely a thought at that point, but still. Xenosaga had so much potential and they ****ed it all up.

Posted by Stalolin

The whole second disk of Xenogears.

dear mother of *** what happened why am i killing this giant soylent green wel where are these omnigears coming from what's deus again lol

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

[QUOTE=S

Posted by S

But that's the thing: They pretty much broke everything close to a copyright in Xenogears as possible. They used faces, old Gears, the same Anima Relics. The only thing they were missing was names and a coherent, thought-out plot line. I mean come on [color=dimgray]Weltall, AND Id's Weltall were both in it. Stier, Ranmanzuo, Crescens, Advari... even Xenogears was shown, with Elly's gear (Of which I can't remember the name.).

They tried, but they sucked. And yes, Xenogears itself needed a little more time in production. They had to cut out Emeralda's Omnigear, as well as Maria's. El Siebzehn and El Crescens actually have concept art, and were probably tied to two more end-game dungeons but never implemented. But the game is still hands-down the best for me, so whatever.

/sigh.[/color]

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

The lack of said Omnigears was okay by me, I just kind of thought "oh hay, Maria's is a 'regular' Gear and Crescens is a really ****ed-up prototype that is still in development hence no Omnigear".

I really, really love Xenogears too; I played the Jesus out of it. I bet Square honchos were kicking themselves when they realized what a good game Xenogears turned out to be, and a huge missed opportunity for a perfect product. I wish they remake it, or just flesh out the omitted parts somehow in a spinoff game, instead of focusing on their blasted belt-and-zipper games.

I had really high hopes for Xenosaga. I thought it started out okay. Why did these people fail? I thought all they needed was time.

Posted by S

Because the original creators of Xenogears separated from Square, I really doubt that they'd make a remake. Which is disheartening...

And honestly, I think they failed because they strayed too far and tried to make a six-part game, when each game had only like 10 hours of story, but 30 hours of fights. Long... ***... fights. I mean seriously, Xenogears' two CDs had more story than all four of Xenosaga's DVDs.

Posted by WillisGreeny

The last Breath of Fire game needed some more time for...well, to be completely redone. That game created stupid limitations, and if you don't know what I mean then go play the game. You'll see quickly.

Posted by Poco

[QUOTE=S

Posted by Zeta

Quoting WillisGreeny: The last Breath of Fire game needed some more time for...well, to be completely redone. That game created stupid limitations, and if you don't know what I mean then go play the game. You'll see quickly.

If you have problems, you're playing it wrong.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I didn't have problems beating it if that's what you mean. I didn't like how you couldn't just turn into a dragon without giving up something else, which is why I said limiting since you had to worry about the end of the game.

Posted by Xeones

xenogears is a great game imo, although im not a huge fan of xenosaga at all.

i believe that the rpg that would have benefited the most from a 'revamping' or needed to be finished if you will...would most likely have to be the legend of dragoon. the way they should have finished it is to not make it in the first place...it should have been scrapped in the concept phase. terrible...terrible game.