family guy star wars special

Posted by oxpecker123

is anyone going to watch this?, this episode will air next sunday

Posted by The Hate

Any relation the the Robot Chicken Starwars Special? Maybe Seth Green?

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Family Guy is just old now...like REALLY old. Not even the "moldy as hell, but still watchable" way as South Park or the Simpsons is. Family Guy is so incredibly formulaic, that there's rarely ever even a moment of surprise anymore. Just blah blah blah stupid line, shot of famous celebrity/politician/etc., more stupid lines, a song stolen from somewhere else used to "comedic" effect blah blah blah. Gay and old, and gay again.

Posted by The Hate

I dont watch the new episodes anymore. I stick with the old ones.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

The old one's were definitely a lot better, but not enough people watched it back then. So then it was canceled, and when it was brought back writing took a huge hit.

Posted by oxpecker123

I just realized that you have to watch a family guy episode more than once to understand it

Posted by Shade

idk, the new episodes still get me to laugh quite a bit.

[quote]I just realized that you have to watch a family guy episode more than once to understand it

No.

Posted by oxpecker123

Herbert the pervert is disturbingly funny

Posted by WillisGreeny

Star wars parodies are becoming a dried well thanks to Robot Chicken. Seth Green should know better.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Star Wars parodying got old in the 80's. Space Balls was one of the last films that made it actually humorous.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

you guys are entirely right except for the part about Family Guy no longer being funny and criticizing the Robot Chicken Star Wars Parody. You were wrong bout your takes on those :(

Posted by Xero

I still watch Family Guy once in a while for the fun of it, but like all the others said, it isn;t funny anymore. I used to laugh so hard while watching this show and now I barely smile anymore. I guess I got tired of random humour.

As for that Star Wars episode, I missed it. I'll probably check it out on their online website soon.

Posted by Crazy K

If I encounter family guy and if nothing else is on, I'll watch it. But I haven't really cared for the series anymore. I haven't laughed to an episode in how long.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

It's not like I hate Family Guy, I just think it's usually stupid and redundant.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: you guys are entirely right except for the part about Family Guy no longer being funny and criticizing the Robot Chicken Star Wars Parody. You were wrong bout your takes on those :(

I wasn't saying the Robot Chicken special was bad, infact, I don't think anyone said anything about what they thought of the special. It's just upsetting to see Family Guy doing something Robot Chicken had just done, not that Robot Chicken's starwars special was bad.

Posted by G-Sides

family guy used to be gold :( i haven't laughed at it since brian pulled his PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME

Posted by Red

Quoting Grave Wisdom: Family Guy is just old now...like REALLY old. Not even the "moldy as hell, but still watchable" way as South Park or the Simpsons is. Family Guy is so incredibly formulaic, that there's rarely ever even a moment of surprise anymore. Just blah blah blah stupid line, shot of famous celebrity/politician/etc., more stupid lines, a song stolen from somewhere else used to "comedic" effect blah blah blah. Gay and old, and gay again.

although I agree with that, I disagree with the Simpsons statement. Simpsons just plain sucks now. it's not even mildly funnny anymore. whereas imo Family guy stil has some funny moments.

Posted by Ilikefluff

IT'S PEANUT BUTTA' JELLY TIME..

Posted by Shade

^ No.

Watching right now, it's gonna be great.

A long, long time ago, but somehow in the future...

Posted by Ilikefluff

c.g was awesome, kept me laughing the whole way, vadar could of been better and WHERE THE HELL WAS YODAAAAA!!!! i would of loved seeing him flip all around and then start rappin',, the death star was freakin on the floor,national lampoon bit. nice pown to the robot chicken bit at then end also

Posted by Zeta

Well I thought it was pretty good.

Posted by Shade

Me too. A part of me is hoping they do an Episode 5/6 follow-up, but that might kill it, so I dunno.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Didn't laugh, but it was pretty well done and one of the better episodes since it was canceled.

Posted by Shade

I laughed at the Thai Fighters. And the, "did he say strap-in or strap-on?"

Posted by Fragliche

It was somewhat enjoyable, but not the best of Family Guy spoofs I've ever seen.

The funniest part of it to me was when they got the couch stuck on the entry ramp of the Millenium Falcon.

That part was funny until they did what they always do, drag it out until it's completely unfunny. And then they revisit it and make it even more unfunny. Same problem plagues the simpsons.

Posted by The Hate

I was dissapointed Joe and the greased up deaf guy wasnt in the star wars episode. Basically everyone else was in it.

Posted by Ant

Meg was the snake monster, and they didn't really do much with that. And I agree that the couch bit went too far. Though I laughed at a few parts and I'm a sucker for these Star Wars things.

Posted by The Hate

I like the guys that didnt have a rail.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I laughed a couple of times, but as usual, they took the jokes and dragged them out way too long. Nice going with the placement of Bender and the Home Movies crew in the Cantina, though.

Posted by Ant

Huh, I only noticed Roger from American Dad. Silly me.

Posted by Iris

I got a few giggles out of it because of the occasional parody of real life situations (srsly, moving a couch into a different room is HELL), but like Vamp said, they drag it out to the point where it isn't funny and it seems like they're just trying to fill up run time.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm giving it a 4/5. The references with the pervie Old man was funny. Darth Stewie and the Creepy Old Man, "What part of stay 50 yards away at all times don't you understand?" liked that.

Am I the only one that doesn't find that old guy funny? The first episode he was in it was fine, it was funny. Then he came back and it was essentially the same thing... and again... and again. Then a full episode with him as a main character? Ugh, just annoying.

Though Peter as Solo was pretty good.

Posted by Fragliche

Herbert the Pervert (or, to most people, "the old guy" and "creepy old pervert") is a character which Seth MacFarlane should have ignored fans on when so many asked for him to be brought back. The only times he has been funny (to me) was during his first appearance and at the end of the episode "To Love and Die in Dixie" when the family returns home to find so many messages on the answering machine which were left only by Herbert, wondering where the "muscley-arm paper boy" is.

Those two times aside, I dislike him and find all his appearances to be boring and unfunny.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I never found him funny before. The implication of Stewie's comment was funny, not the old man as a character. You're not alone.

Posted by Ilikefluff

im still mad there was no yoda :( ,,i watched it again.. lol i missed it when stewy poped a "what the deuce?" that was frackin funnyyyy,

Posted by Fragliche

Quoting Ilikefluff: im still mad there was no yoda :(

This past hour long special was a spoof of A New Hope, not The Empire Strikes Back. You obviously can't read, as it said in the beginning right after Peter starts telling the story, "A NEW HOPE" goes up the screen in bold letters... :/

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Am I the only one that doesn't find that old guy funny? The first episode he was in it was fine, it was funny. Then he came back and it was essentially the same thing... and again... and again. Then a full episode with him as a main character? Ugh, just annoying.

Though Peter as Solo was pretty good.

I don't think I laughed at any of his jokes either. And the song and dance sequence was a bit much. Peter was probably my favorite in that episode.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I found myself facepalming at most of it but wound up laughing at alot of it too.

Posted by Klarth

**** sucked.

Posted by Ilikefluff

Quoting Fragliche: This past hour long special was a spoof of A New Hope, not The Empire Strikes Back. You obviously can't read, as it said in the beginning right after Peter starts telling the story, "A NEW HOPE" goes up the screen in bold letters... :/

say what you will lol,, yoda rap should of been..

Posted by oxpecker123

Quoting The Hate: Any relation the the Robot Chicken Starwars Special? Maybe Seth Green?

at the end of the episode there was a reference to the robot chicken episode, Chris mentioned it

CHris: didn't robot chicken already make and episode like this?

Peter: ummmm? I don't think anyone is aware of that shows existence.

Posted by Ilikefluff

yeah they went off on it at the end...

....how can someone get away with having pecker in there screen name?....

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Ilikefluff: yeah they went off on it at the end...

....how can someone get away with having pecker in there screen name?....

[quote=Dictionary]ox

Posted by WillisGreeny

because my first thought is penis when I read pecker, just a guess. Farmers around here are always using the term pecker high when making fences, that's why if two people do it, it's all uneven.

Posted by Ilikefluff

Quoting Zeta: Why would they not get away with it?

o_0 WTF????? -_-