I Am Legend

Posted by S

Anyone else want to see this? Looks like it could be a really good movie. Will Smith is usually a great actor with good role choice, so it has promise.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Do not want. At all. There's already been, what, two attempts at this book and they've all sucked. This is just another Omega Man except for some reason a black guys name is Robert Neville.

Posted by Cloudstud

No way I dsagree completely! This movie looks pretty bad a$$. I love Will Smith hes a great actor and I think this movie could be really good!

Here is the link to the new trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgyO8jl2pGM

iRobot with vampires. no thanks

Posted by Al Borland

I think this ish looks pretty good

Posted by CrystalPain

Well the trailler looks good.
So far the only movie Will Smith did i didn't like was independance day
That WAS TERRIBLE

Posted by Fate

I want to see it.

Quoted post: So far the only movie Will Smith did i didn't like was independance day
That WAS TERRIBLE

You're an idiot. That was his only good movie. And this is basically Independence Day with vampires.

Posted by Fate

More like Hitch without the love part.

It's like every movie he's ever done with vampires.

Posted by Ant

it's like the fresh prince of bel air, kept in new york and without vampires. yeah, I said it

Posted by Fate

That's pretty much what I said. DUH.

Wait-- I wasn't thinking vampires were in I Am Legend. wtf

Posted by S

I liked the book but was sorely disappointed by the length of the piece. I didn't realize there were short-stories at the end. It's really only 150 pages or so.

Quoted post: Wait-- I wasn't thinking vampires were in I Am Legend. wtf

What the ****?

Quoted post: I liked the book but was sorely disappointed by the length of the piece. I didn't realize there were short-stories at the end. It's really only 150 pages or so.

It really didn't need to be a 400 page novel. Anything longer would've hurt the story, seriously.

Posted by Fate

Oh, now I see why I was confused. I know the book featured a vampire-like disease, but the movie didn't because it's closer to Omega Man. I Am Legend with Will Smith has cannibals, not vampires.

Posted by CrystalPain

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You're an idiot. That was his only good movie. And this is basically Independence Day with vampires.

How does an Alien invasion resemble vampires??
Please explain

Posted by S

I'm pretty sure that they're vampires Fate. They aren't the A-typical "WHAT IS A MAN?!" type, but a disease evoked one that's more zombie-esque, with vampiric nature.

And I'd disagree Vamp. Maybe not a 400 page novel but I really felt something missing when I finished it. It was just so... anti-climactic. It may just be because I was anticipating more story, rather than just 150 pages of short-stories.

Quoted post: I'm pretty sure that they're vampires Fate. They aren't the A-typical "WHAT IS A MAN?!" type, but a disease evoked one that's more zombie-esque, with vampiric nature.

They aren't vampires, but I'm not calling them ****ing "dark seekers" or whatever they are in the movie.

Anywho I thought that was the point. Keep in mind the story is about one man's fairly mundane life (sans vampires at this door,) his discoveries and demise. The fact it was so short made it so good. Sure the ending was a "wait, what?" kind of thing, but it had more of an impact than most drawn-out stories. I think having extended it would've just hurt the storytelling.

Quoted post: How does an Alien invasion resemble vampires??
Please explain

Disease=invasion, bad guys=relentless destroyers, human race=****ed, will smith=main actor, etc

Posted by Ilikefluff

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You're an idiot. That was his only good movie. And this is basically Independence Day with vampires.

your the idiot,moron,stop reading books,you hurt people's mind's,,,,,,,, by looks alone, is good, will smith does suck anyway you look at it,, indepence day sucked,irobot sucked, MIB was his only good role i belive,,, vampires are cool,weather there are to many movies to ruin the appeal,so what,let the franchise deal with the makings,

Quoted post: your the idiot

Stopped reading.

Posted by Pit

This movie looks promising, Vampiro is gay.

Close threads.sssssssssssssssss.

Posted by Ilikefluff

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Stopped reading.

resident evil?!?!?!?!

Posted by The Judge

Well I just saw it last night, so here's my two cents.

The movie was very little like the book. Based moreso on Omega Man, which was based on The Last Man Alive, which was based on the book I Am Legend, the movie takes names and information from the book while following more with Omega Man, except better.

Will Smith was fantastic in it. Being as you spend roughly 3/4ths of the movie simply watching him do nothing while interacting with himself, it really shows how well he can fully-heartedly throw himself into the role he's supposed to play.

[spoiler]The bit about Sam dieing in the movie, I felt, was a good development, and at least one part of the story that stays true to the book, though just in the basic aesthetic that the dog died, not that it was infected. The part afterwards about his suicidal loneliness I felt was very well scripted and very well acted as well.

My only particular problem with the movie was the way the "Vampires" looked. Dark Seekers? Meh. They didn't really look all that fantastic, with the main one looking rather stupid in my opinion. Also, the way one was significantly smarter than the others wasn't explained. However, due to the general vagueness that I loved in the book, this didn't particularly bother me.

On a note about the ending, I personally was upset that people were so up in arms about it. So he died. WOW. He died in the book too. Not in the same way, granted, but people seem to get a huge rod up their backsides when they don't get a classic happy ending. Bleck.[/spoiler]

Overall, I'd give it a B+.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Movies that blame medical science as the cause of massive destruction to the human race for a premis rub me the wrong way. I first noticed this with The Island, where it felt like political propaganda against stem-cell research whenever the audience was suppose to feel bad for the clones.
For those who've seen I Am Legend, how was science portrayed?

Posted by s0ul

I enjoyed this movie a lot, I actually liked the medical premise quite a bit because it seemed perfectly possible. I was expecting to go in and see a vampire/zombie whatever killing spree, but upon buying tickets I learned it was PG-13 and promptly texted my friend's sister in the audience asking her if she wanted to make out in the bathroom the whole time, but what I got was actually a really good movie. Will Smith acted really well (Frank part, anyone?), the attachment you feel to Sam reminded me of Shadow of the Colossus and the horse a lot which is a good thing, and the plot just played out extremely well. It had some sorta cheesy parts and it was quite obviously made with being a blockbuster in mind, but it was actually a much more solid movie than your average popcorn flick, and a better popcorn flick than your average popcorn flick. Highly recommended.

Posted by Ant

The frank part made me fukken lol. though the reaction at the end of the movie from everyone in the audience was sorta funny. just silence. though I expected something like that since the book ended the same sort of way with a "oh, well then"

Ending sucked, first hour or so was awesome however. It's funny, because I thought the first bit was actually a tad better than the book, but by the third act I was like "ugh, **** sucks" and then at the end I completely tuned out. Book ending was vastly superior.

Also, I like how they tried to make the infected look partially intelligent but went absolutely no where with it. That kinda irked me. Overall though, much better than I expected.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Saw it last night. Not bad, but not great. Wasnt dissapointed I saw it in theaters, but I wouldnt go out and buy the dvd or anything.

Posted by maian

Saw it on Friday, and I liked it. It had its faults, but I still liked it a lot. Only a few things I had a problem with. The main being the CG. It wasn't bad, but would it have been that hard to make the Dark Seekers human actors? They could've at least used an actor to play an 18 year old panting on a bed. Aside from that, I'll say the rest in spoilers.

[spoiler]There were a lot of scenes that stood out that I like, and some that left me questioning, the first being the trap that he got caught in. Frank was obviously a lure, but did they place Frank in front of one of his traps, or did they make their own entirely? Nonetheless, I liked the fact that it showed they had intelligence. Although it didn't really go anywhere after that, it got me thinking of how creepy it is that they would have the brainpower of a human. After all, they still are human, they just lack social skills and interaction completely.

Will Smith acted beautifully, I loved it when the dog died, it was a pretty sad part, especially because you knew the dog was the one thing that would keep him sane. The parts following that were good also, I thought it was fantastically acted when he was in the DVD store crying after Sam died.

The only major problem I had apart from the CG was the way they structured it. The first half worked really well, but suddenly, it started to feel...rushed. I could totally understand why he'd go on a suicidal killing spree, but it seemes very abrupt to me. A little more setting up? Aside from that, the ending. I think the ending could've worked out a lot better, but it happened waaay too quickly to me. It's like, everything that was really major and important happened within the last like, fifteen minutes. Will Smith is alone. Suddenly, Sam dies, another human comes, he gets attacked by Dark Seekers, finds the cure, kills himself, and saves humanity. In like, fifteen minutes.[/spoiler]

Anyway, it surprised me. I didn't know what to think right after seeing it, but afterwards, I think of it as a great movie. It entertained me, at least.

Posted by The Judge

This isn't really a spoiler, so no need to hide it. Maian just commented that the ending felt rushed, but then again, so did the ending in the book. In both mediums, everything's going relatively clockwork until one screwup happens, and then it's just BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMEND. I actually enjoyed that about the movie.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:

Also, I like how they tried to make the infected look partially intelligent but went absolutely no where with it. That kinda irked me. Overall though, much better than I expected.

Yeah, that was one of my biggest complaints about it. It just felt like there was so much more to it than that originally then they cut all of it but that part. There was really no build-up to that then it was totally forgotten after that. Also I love that the one immune guy in New York City happens to be a Colonel and virologist.

Quoted post: but would it have been that hard to make the Dark Seekers human actors?

Apparently it was. That was the original plan and it just ended being terrible. I mean, actors just can't do the movements the infected could in the movie. And I thought the infected girl was an actor...

Quoted post: This isn't really a spoiler, so no need to hide it. Maian just commented that the ending felt rushed, but then again, so did the ending in the book. In both mediums, everything's going relatively clockwork until one screwup happens, and then it's just BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMEND. I actually enjoyed that about the movie.

Same. It felt more real because it happened so quick. I mean, let's say something like this did happen in real life, if you **** up once chances are it's over for you. I just preferred the book because it wasn't a copout happy ending.

Posted by maian

Yeah, I never read the book. But The Judge brings up a point I never thought about. One screwup ends it all. Heh.

He gets captured in the book and the society is actually all the infected. Turns out everything is reversed and now he's the freak and he's the one that terrifies them. It basically just ends with him saying "I Am Legend" right before he's executed.

Posted by Fate

I heard somewhere that the title of "I Am Legend" comes from the fact that he's the only one, like the way a vampire would be (vampires, legends, etc.).

Posted by The Judge

Yeah. In the book, it's a virus, but it makes them actual vampires, and the character who is just a normal man with so much free time on his hands that he always gets books and reads and learns all about viruses figures out why every weakness exists scientifically. At the end, there's a society of people who didn't develop a cure, but, rather, a way to postpone it, and they're basically half vampires: They hate garlic, are pained to be in the sun but can deal with it, and are basically only half alive, because they still have all the weaknesses.

So then here's Neville, the last man alive, who is just as strong as any of them plus he can live in the sun and has no vampire weaknesses? Jesus Christ. He's like superman to them, and thus, he's some sort of terrible monster in their eyes, far more powerful than any of them. Thus, they bring him to a public execution, and he finally realizes that now, with the new race of half-vampires being the dominant species on earth, he is a legendary creature to them. So the last words in the book are "I am legend."

Quoted post: I heard somewhere that the title of "I Am Legend" comes from the fact that he's the only one, like the way a vampire would be (vampires, legends, etc.).

I basically just said that.

Quoted post: nd the character who is just a normal man with so much free time on his hands that he always gets books and reads and learns all about viruses figures out why every weakness exists scientifically.

Which is also what I liked. He was just a normal guy who, after sobering up and realising he needs to stop sulking around, he teaches himself everything he needs to know. Seemed more human and authentic. Plus, he seemed to take a bit of pleasure in killing the infected.

Posted by maian

I like the idea of him actually being a normal man in the book, (like someone said before, doesn't just happen to be a virologist/liutenent) but I think I like the atmosphere in the movie more. I kind of liked the idea that he was the last normal human on Earth (kinda), and the infected didn't have a society, that they were all freaks who basically weren't human in any way anymore. I liked the fact that it killed the human idea of having a society and all and a lifestyle and social interaction. It gives much more incentive to develop a cure, so humanity doesn't turn into a bunch of mutated freaks standing around in a circle panting.

Posted by The Judge

Oh. I thought they were circle jerking, explaining his note in the lab about the fact that he'd concluded that they're "thoroughly socially gone and only obeying the most basic instincts." Though, the movie tried to display the irony in that. While they "apparently" had no society, where as Neville assumed he did, he'd become so out of touch with humanity that he couldn't even recognize the fact that the main, intelligent dark seeker just wanted his woman back. It's irony, I tell ya.

Posted by maian

That was his goal? To get his woman back? Or are you joking? >_>

Anyway, I never even picked up on the fact that there was a single, alpha male Dark Seeker until after I saw it and read reviews. >_>

Posted by The Judge

It was to get his waifu back. No joke.

Quoted post: . I kind of liked the idea that he was the last normal human on Earth (kinda), and the infected didn't have a society, that they were all freaks who basically weren't human in any way anymore. I liked the fact that it killed the human idea of having a society and all and a lifestyle and social interaction.

Except they end up showing all of those things. You have a leader and his troops; an infected man run out after, what you have to assume is, his girlfriend/sister is captured, and then you have them setting traps and the like. On top of that you have an infected sending out a pack of dogs to attack will smith. Like the judge said, I guess it was irony in terms of the girlfriend thing, but they just royally ****ed up trying to get that point across (among others.) Still though, all that stuff was fairly advanced.

Though how you didn't pick up on the fact that there's a leader, idk. They showed him standing back, and what seemed to be, leading the attack twice. Then at the end you see the same infected throw and shove the others away to get at will smith.

Posted by maian

I think what was going through my head is that since they really only showed his face up close, I just assumed it wasn't very good art direction and they all looked pretty much the same. :cookie: Yeah, didn't realize it was the same dude.

Yeah, I guess they just did a bad job at portraying things. I didn't catch wind of them trying to get the girl back either, I just thought they wanted to eat him or something.

Guess I'll have more to think about next time I see it.

All I know is a lot of people said "did he set that trap himself and forget?" when I was walking out of the film. I guess a bunch of people thought he set it and had gone insane or something. Definitely not well done in that case.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, that's what I thought too. It would've been a great deal more obvious if they had actually developed the intelligence thing. Seems like the movie could've been a lot better if it had been "proofread" so to speak.

Or if they just stuck with the plot of the book. I mean, it's already proofread and known to be excellent.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, the ending of the book sounds a hell of a lot better than the movie's. Reminds me of a lot of this Philip K. Dick short story that I think is called Crawlers! With the ending turning out where humans being the freaks and whatnot. I was thinking about reading the book now but it's been pretty effectively spoiled for me, which is really my fault for not having read it anyway. OH WELL

Posted by The Judge

It's still a good read anyways.

Also, I'm of the belief that the smart one set up the trap. It was the exact same method that Neville had used and the smart one had witnessed, thus learning how to do it. Hell, Neville probably left all the equipment there in place save for the tarp once he left, making it that much easier for the smart one to figure out what to do.

Posted by The Judge

Also, a quick spoiler: Fred is the last person on Earth.

Semi-Spoiler:
[spoiler]And becoming An Legend is now the term for becoming An Hero, as long as it's big and spectacular, such as a suicide bombing.[/spoiler]

Quoted post: Also, I'm of the belief that the smart one set up the trap. It was the exact same method that Neville had used and the smart one had witnessed, thus learning how to do it. Hell, Neville probably left all the equipment there in place save for the tarp once he left, making it that much easier for the smart one to figure out what to do.

Of course. The trap was definitely set by the infected, and I just assumed they couldn't do anything until the light was starting to fade. If Smith was that insane there's no believable way he could still be a lucid, coherent scientist.

Posted by Ant

I don't think the problem was with the movie in portraying the scene. People were just too dumb to get it lol

yeah, and a director should realise the average American movie-goer is fairly stupid. Either way, they didn't handle it properly anyways. They went absolutely no where with the infected's intelligence.

Posted by The Judge

If Silent Hill was too hard of a movie to understand for the average movie-goer, then they should really make everything just straight up black and white. For example, they should have zoomed in on Smith's face as he hung upside down and had him say "Oh no! They've gotten smarter and set up a trap! It appears maybe the virus is mutating and creating a new, intelligent race! Perhaps he wants his wife back!"

That'd have cleared up a few loose ends. Take away any cognitive thought from the experience so we can slump our heads back and let our drool get us wet before the movie's over.

I think people were confused because, again, it just didn't seem to mean anything in the long run. It just seemed like it was only there to kill Sam, otherwise the infected could've been smart or dumb, it didn't really matter. Plus, he acts completely insane, so even I thought that's all it was until it showed the infected and his dogs.

Posted by The Judge

At which point anyone with a brain in their head would realize he's smarter than the rest. Granted, you aren't supposed to know he's smarter before that point, but that's when it's all supposed to come together. I'll grant that it didn't make much of a difference, but it does, on a minor level, add a personality to an otherwise legion character.

Indeed. But again, we are dealing with a very stupid audience. There's a very fine balance between leading an audience and outright telling them what's happening. Your example is obvious the latter, but many movies do the former quite well. And that's what should've happened with this movie, considering it's being made for a very wide audience.

An easy way to've done it is have Smith drive by on his way home right before the sun started to set. He gets caught, his watch goes off and we hear a sound coming from the hole in the building. As it is, it almost looks like a coincidence since so much time seems to pass, and he could've struggled free at any time, way before the sun went down.

Posted by s0ul

It's not like the concept of the trap was too hard to get it, it's just that since there was really no mention of their intelligence on either side of the trap scene that people (or at least me) just got confused because it didn't seem right that they were suddenly smart enough to do that.

Yeah. Plus, people tend to believe what they hear in a movie is true (within the movie.) Smith explicitly says the infected are incapable of even basic thought and social functions (irony, i get it, but basically everyone missed it)... then suddenly you have an infected pulling an elaborate trap? Doesn't work.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Sounds like tragic irony to me, from what Vamp has said atleast. The monsters (/people/whatever they were,) made a trap which Will Smith's character hadn't foreseen, thus, making his perdiction of the intelligence of the monsters incorrect. Is it the director's fault for not making the point more clear? Or is it the audience's fault for not understanding a basic rhetoric device that has been used in theatre since Greek tragedies?

I still need to go see the movie.

Quoted post: Sounds like tragic irony to me, from what Vamp has said atleast. The monsters (/people/whatever they were,) made a trap which Will Smith's character hadn't foreseen, thus, making his perdiction of the intelligence of the monsters incorrect. Is it the director's fault for not making the point more clear? Or is it the audience's fault for not understanding a basic rhetoric device that has been used in theatre since Greek tragedies?

Basically this happens:

He sets a trap for this ***** infected and catches her. He's about to take her down when a male infected rushes the door and howls at him, burning away his flesh. Smith goes home, goes to his lab and is all "infected have no trace of humanity anymore, willing to inflict pain on themselves for food, etc." Next day he's driving home, sees a mannequin he calls Frank standing in the middle of a street and goes bat**** insane. He shoots up the mannequin, shoots all the windows and buildings around him, and then suddenly gets caught in the exact same type of trap he set just the day before. He passes out. He wakes up when his watch goes off, stabs himself in the leg and BAM, infected with a pack of dogs comes charging at him out of the building.

See the problem there? The audience may think the infected was coming after his girlfriend, but then Smith says the exact opposite. if they don't pick up on the irony (the fact he doesn't understand human interactions anymore) then they'll think "oh, I guess I was wrong." On top of that he goes insane, so you're not sure if maybe he forgot about the trap he set, and you're not sure if, maybe, just maybe, that mannequin's not really there.

So, yeah, I can see how people would get mixed up.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Well, now it sounds like an attempt at creating ambiguity so that the audience could decide for themselves what really happened and possibly see it again for parts they may have missed. I'm not so sure that was a good idea on the director's part for this particular movie. For a movie thats plot generates so many questions in of itself, a more clear ending would have been benafial in developing either Will Smith or the infected, specifically with the infected's motivations.

Ugh, I'm saying so much about a movie I haven't seen. I'll shut up and watch it.

Posted by The Judge

Yeah. Stop assuming.

Quoted post: Well, now it sounds like an attempt at creating ambiguity so that the audience could decide for themselves what really happened and possibly see it again for parts they may have missed.

Nah. It's quite clearly meant to show the intelligence of the infected, it's just not done properly.

Posted by Rhea

The ending was lame. I was satisfied all the way up to the point where he got in the glass room.

At that point, he should have whipped out a stereo and blasted Bob Marley. That way the infected would realize their differences and practice love, not hate and they could all coexist with the surviving humans. I was totally hoping for that ending throughout the whole movie and they didn't deliver.

[IMG]http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1664/bob20marleywu1.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by The Judge

Here's the problem:

In the book, the creatures in question were vampires. They couldn't be active during the day even if they wanted to. By day, Neville hunted them, killing them with the hopes of saving the human race, and took satisfaction in killing them. When they eventually formed their own society, he was the monster to them, killing them while they slept. He was a legend because he was what vampires are to humans normally.

In the movie, instead of hunting them, he tried to cure them. They weren't vampires by any means save for the fact that they couldn't survive in sunlight, and they could actively live during the day time as long as they stuck to the darkness. In this scenario, Neville actively avoids them, and kills them only out of self defense. He gains no satisfaction in doing so, either. Thus, at the end, there is no society to see him as a monster, just a tragic irony that the people he wanted to help no longer cared to receive it once he found a way to do so. He was a legend because he found a way to save humanity at the end after all.

What really helps with the story is looking at the book in comparison to the movie. It almost makes you feel like you're watching the same story from two different angles, based on how two different characters would react in the exact same situation. The book was fantastic, the movie was pretty d[COLOR="black"]a[/COLOR]mned good in my opinion, and both compliment each other when looked at together.

Quoted post: He was a legend because he found a way to save humanity at the end after all.

Which is boring.

Posted by Ant

you can shut up now then. lol

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Which is boring.

Toe-may-toe, Toe-mah-toe.

Clich

Posted by The Judge

Cynical.

Posted by maian

idk, I kinda like looking at it from The Judge's view. And I think that, to a mass mainstream audience who mostly haven't read, or even heard of the book, the movie approach was the better idea. Like it's been said before, they just did a bad job of explaining things. But I think if they used the book approach, it wouldn't be much different in that respect.

Posted by Rhea

I'm just ****ed at how they took the Bob Marley approach and went NOWHERE with it.

uh, yeah, okay.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting xerosis: I'm just ****ed at how they took the Bob Marley approach and went NOWHERE with it.

Marley's greatest fan has spoken.

Posted by s0ul

wait, wait, wait, I repped that guy 'cause I thought he was kidding.

You are kidding, right, xerosis? :(

If he was, massive fail.

Posted by maian

His first post was and I lol'd. Should've ended there though. :cookie:

I want to see this movie again. No particular idea why.

Posted by The Judge

Probably the epic discussion that followed.

Yeah, this thread kinda makes me want to see it again.

Posted by Rhea

Yeah, my post was playing on how you guys keep saying that they introduced these themes in the movie and go nowhere with them.

But yeah,
It actually would have been a good ending if anyone ever wants to do a parody of this movie. But yeah I pretty much agree that the book ending was better and that they should have expanded on the infected's intelligence.

Posted by maian

Love the avatar.

This is a movie that has much more room for discussion than most others.

...But I still have like, 12 movies I need to see this month. :(

By the way, can anybody find the script? I've been looking but to no success. There was an interesting monologue in there that I think could be useable for theatre class. >_> I'm having trouble finding the script, though. Didn't Protosevich write it? I can find one version, but it's definitely not the right one, at all.

Posted by O.T.L

i liked the movie and thought Will did a bada** job acting .. though that partially intelligent thing did bug me cuz they just did that one little thing..i got a little tear eye when he killed his dog , that sucks what happened in the end , but i think it had to happen to make the movie better ... it was honorable.

Posted by The Judge

Have the previous 181 posts of yours been as well thought out as that one?

Posted by maian

/R/ SCRIPT DICKFACES

Quoted post: Yeah, my post was playing on how you guys keep saying that they introduced these themes in the movie and go nowhere with them.

Except, you know, they don't.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting maian: /R/ SCRIPT DICKFACES

Shut your hole, b[COLOR="black"]i[/COLOR]tch.

Posted by maian

Posted by misogenie

The December opening for I Am Legend was a record $76.5 million, overtaking Lord of The Rings: The Return Of The King from the December opening in 2003 by an extra $4 million. I think this scifi horror with the Brooklyn Bridge scene reminds me of that Statue of Liberty scene from the original classic Planet Of The Apes. The movie will be released here down under in January.

[quote]A bridge scene was filmed for six consecutive nights in January on the Brooklyn Bridge to serve as a flashback scene in which New York's denizens evacuate the city. Shooting the scene cost the studio $5 million, which was the most expensive shot in the city to date. The scene, which had to meet requirements from fourteen government agencies, involved 250 crew members and 1,000 extras, including 160 National Guard members.[28] Also present were several Humvees, three Stryker armored vehicles, a 110-foot cutter, a 41-foot utility boat, and two 25-foot Response Boat Small craft.[2] Filming concluded on March 31, 2007.[27] .:obtained from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend_%282007_film%29#Filming

Posted by Ilikefluff

good movie ,but i give it a 5.5 of my personal rating, it ****ed me off and i was enjoying it until the middle and then i could not stop crying and the ending made me mad to. :(***.... i could so see jesse being will and vamp being the zombi. vamp you suck shut up.

Posted by The Judge

...Hahaha

Posted by maian

That must be a puppet.

Posted by Omni

No, he's a real guy who's posted a lot in Music and argued with Vampiro there before.

Posted by Rhea

Quoting Ilikefluff: good movie ,but i give it a 5.5 of my personal rating, it ****ed me off and i was enjoying it until the middle and then i could not stop crying and the ending made me mad to. :(***.... i could so see jesse being will and vamp being the zombi. vamp you suck shut up.

oooooh *** I lol'd

Quoted post: No, he's a real guy who's posted a lot in Music and argued with Vampiro there before.

... I don't remember him.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I talked to someone who read the book. Appearantly the book is way way different.

Posted by The Judge

Haven't you read anything in this thread?

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=MottaTheHutt;796424]I talked to someone who read the book. Appearantly the book is way way different.

Theres the book and about 3 other movies about I am Legend

Posted by The Judge

I repeat my statement to you.

Posted by Ilikefluff

Quoting MottaTheHutt: I talked to someone who read the book. Appearantly the book is way way different.

ya think

Quoted post: ya think

It's not even that different. moron.

Posted by The Judge

Showed Ant what's what

Posted by Roger Smith

Good movie.

But that ******* dog scene got me depressed :(

Only thing the movie did better than the book.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Roger Smith;806671]Good movie.

But that ******* dog scene got me depressed :(

I cursed the screen, and then the rest of the audience.. Sam dying, ****ed me off.

Posted by Bebop

Ha ha that was so funny.

It was an alright movie. An unhappy ending would have been so much better. One closer to the book. It went downhill after the dog died, but not because the dog died.

Alot of things needed to be played up more. Its amazing how many cinema goers were confused about the trap and who set it up. The intelligence and society of the vamps, and the butterfly imagery, needed to be expanded on much more.

The girl was some **** poor writing. "I just know that there is a survivor camp. I believvveeee". Since when was it acceptable for characters to just 'know'? Honestly.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Bebop: Since when was it acceptable for characters to just 'know'? Honestly.

Matrix got away with it.

Posted by Bebop

I cant remember the Matrix films too well. When does that occur?

Posted by WillisGreeny

Whenever Neo said he needed help doing something crazy, the characters would just say "I believe" to justify their actions.

[quote=From the Matrix Trilogy]
Morpheus: We've done it, Trinity. We've found him.
Trinity: I hope you're right.
Morpheus: You don't have to hope. I *know* it.

Quoted post: and the butterfly imagery, needed to be expanded on much more.

Not really. It shouldn't've even been included if anything. Yeah, we get it, his daughter likes butterflies and he misses her.

Quoted post: Whenever Neo said he needed help doing something crazy, the characters would just say "I believe" to justify their actions.

Drrr, that's the point. The Oracle spreads a prophecy of "the one" for everyone to believe in wholeheartedly so the machines can take out Zion. Pay attention next time.

Posted by Roger Smith

IT'S THE ANOMALY. DO WE PROCEED? YES. HE'S STILL ONLY

[SIZE="7"]HUMAN[/SIZE]

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:
Drrr, that's the point. The Oracle spreads a prophecy of "the one" for everyone to believe in wholeheartedly so the machines can take out Zion. Pay attention next time.

Glad you spotted my confusion, Vamp...

My point being characters who want hope can just say they "believe". Matrix characters wanted hope for peace, so they believen 'The One' prophecy, given by a program in the Matrix. Characters wanting hope has always been accepted.

Little girl wanted hope for finding others, so she believes there is a camp.

That's my possible explanation, Bebop.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting WillisGreeny: Whenever Neo said he needed help doing something crazy, the characters would just say "I believe" to justify their actions.

Thats different. Thats characters trusting another as their only hope. In I Am Legend it's a case of a character just knowing stuff.

Posted by WillisGreeny

In I Am Legend, it sounds like a desperate little girl is clinging to hope. Since when did it become acceptable in movies to give up and face the facts in desperate situations? She wants to believe there's a camp so she can have hope. It's stupid, granted, but for some people that's really how they think. And what makes trusting another person so different from trusting personal feelings? both sounds like different means to the same end.

Posted by Bebop

Clinging to hope is one thing, but knowing exactly the specifics of a survival camp is another. Also she talked about dreams and visions and **** like that. That seemed more the case in Legend.

Posted by The Judge

Bebop, the world was quieter then. You could hear G[COLOR="black"]o[/COLOR]d, if you just listened.

"Hey...HEY! Ana! Go to Vermont. There's a survivors camp. The virus can't survive the cold. Oh, and get Robert to come, too."

Pretty obvious, Bebop.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

I am sorry I liked the movie except for the Dark Seekers, they looked like they came from a PlayStation One game, why couldn't they stick with the original idea of actors portraying them...

Posted by Xero

Quoting Tyler Durden: I cursed the screen, and then the rest of the audience.. Sam dying, ****ed me off.

Yeah I was pretty ****ed off too when Will had to kill his dog. I mean...He could've just tied and locked it up until he found a cure to that virus. =/

Posted by The Judge

You're all faggots. The dog part wasn't worth crying or getting angry over at all.

Posted by Ant

It was worthy of a hearty laugh, I'll say that much.

worth it cause my friend cried in the theater. Never living it down.

Posted by Xero

Your friend really cried? haha wow xD

Posted by WillisGreeny

It's posts like these that remind me a lot of you are cat people.

Wouldn't cry even if 10,000 cats died.

Posted by The Judge

I'm a dog person through and through. I'm just not a f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]cking pussy.

EDIT: And the thought of a field of cats getting nuked made me lol.

Yeah... I realised that after I posted. It'd be more funny than anything.

Posted by The Heir Apparent

Saw in a theatre with about 10 other people. Swear it sounded like half of them started crying when the dog died, then the other half chimed in when he was in the video store trying to talk to the fake girl. I didnt start crying til I got home and realized I just spent 9 bucks, when I could of just waited a couple of weeks to download it for free. (which I did)

Posted by tina.anderson

Yeah, the ending was disappointing and I'm sorry I went to see it in the theaters rather than waiting for it to come out on DVD. Overall, this movie really didn't impress me.

Posted by Bebop

Saw the original ending yesterday. It's closer to the book and generally a better ending ut it's still pretty weak.

wait, what? They filmed two endings?

Posted by Freedreich

The second ending was better. If I remember correctly, someone was talking about it last year. It was when Will Smith brought a cd player and played Bob Marley, and the zombies settled their racial differences and learned to love everyone.

Still pretty weak.

Posted by netman

I was mixed on the alternate ending.. it was alright

really the whole movie.. the first 2/3s were amazing, but as soon as random female and child showed up it was like. oh.

but dude, the best line was during that part. Who didn't love "BUT I WAS SAVING THAT BACON!"?

man, almost walked out when I heard that.

Posted by Xero

Me and my friends made a meme out of that sentence. I was so unexpected. We're still laughing about it.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: but dude, the best line was during that part. Who didn't love "BUT I WAS SAVING THAT BACON!"?

man, almost walked out when I heard that.

The one time I almost walked out of a movie was over the twist ending of "The Village", right at the part where it's revealed to be in the present day. ****in weak.
(Not worth spoiler tags)

Quoted post: Me and my friends made a meme out of that sentence. I was so unexpected. We're still laughing about it.

copied a meme*

Quoted post: The one time I almost walked out of a movie was over the twist ending of "The Village", right at the part where it's revealed to be in the present day. ****in weak.

Didn't bother seeing that in the theaters. My friend called me up during the movie and told me as it happened. And no one cared. That's how you know a movie is baaaad.

Posted by Bebop

I've never seen The Village but I've never understood the problem with the twist.

It's unexpected and makes you rethink the film. Dur dur isn't that a sign of a good twist?

idk maybe you should watch it? dur dur etc

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Bebop:
It's unexpected and makes you rethink the film. Dur dur isn't that a sign of a good twist?

The Sixth Sense != The Village. Watch it before you defend it, because it sure as hell wasn't unexpected, OR ORIGINAL. Maybe if the twist wasn't completely perdictable, and the characters a little more likeable, it just might have made it...but NOPE!

Indeed. You expected a twist because of his two prior films, and you could basically guess what it was going to be (again, because of his prior films,) that on top of the fact that it was a really lame one AND everything about the movie in general was pretty subpar... yeah.

Sixth Sense was the only great movie he's even done.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: idk maybe you should watch it? dur dur etc

I wasn't defended it, just saying on paper it's workable and a good twist by definition.

But then again i don't need an actual reason to explain my opinion do i Vampy?

haha, oh wow. that was bad, even for you

Posted by Fate

It's a twist by definition, but not a good one. The movie sucked balls and that is not up for discussion.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I grabbed my own cock, but it turns out I had actually grabbed my own ***. And if that wasn't enough of a twist, turns out it wasn't my own ***. Amazing.

Posted by misogenie

[COLOR="Black"]Amazing hard work on destroyed structures such as cities and highway bridges. Like the movie The Thing, computer transformation of colourful viral-infected liquefied flesh from human to beast in bright sunlight would give us a clue on how apes evolved to cave-dwellers. :mad: [/COLOR]