Music Player of Choice

Posted by Near

So I was curious what everyone uses on their computer to play their music.

I prefer iTunes myself, even before I started using a Mac.

Posted by Omni

Winamp all the way, though I do use iTunes to tag files and put music on my iPod.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

iTunes... technically. I was just talking to Omni about this because occasionally songs will decide to cut out at a certain time and skip to the next song. It's fairly rare, but it happens and I'm then forced to use her as a way to get a fixed copy.

This problem only happens with iTunes, and the song otherwise works fine in any other program, hence "technically." I'd use Winamp, but I have over 20,000 songs and that's a lot to add into Winamp and then re-tag and whatnot. Plus, though songs do tend to mess up on the rare occasion in iTunes, I really do like the way it's set up a lot better.

Posted by Xero

Ever since I bought my laptop, I've been using ITunes.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: iTunes... technically. I was just talking to Omni about this because occasionally songs will decide to cut out at a certain time and skip to the next song. It's fairly rare, but it happens and I'm then forced to use her as a way to get a fixed copy.

This problem only happens with iTunes, and the song otherwise works fine in any other program, hence "technically." I'd use Winamp, but I have over 20,000 songs and that's a lot to add into Winamp and then re-tag and whatnot. Plus, though songs do tend to mess up on the rare occasion in iTunes, I really do like the way it's set up a lot better.

The important thing is I'm usually able to come to the rescue find one that will work. :)

I'm still not exactly sure why it happens.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I use WMP. It's good enough.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

W-w-w-w-w-w-winamp.

Posted by maian

...Windows Explorer. :X

To browse, at least. Plays with Winamp.

Posted by mis0

iTunes, although I really don't use my computer for music that much. I have a great stereo system, so I have stacks of mp3 CDs for use in that.

Posted by Gollum

You guys use iTunes to tag your music? Wow.

I use iTunes.

Posted by fates warning

i use vlc to play anything

Posted by Xeones

iTunes for me...if i didnt have an iPod it would likely be WMP

Posted by Klarth

Used to use winamp, started using itunes when I hooked myself up with an iPod. Now I switch between iTunes and Winamp. Winamp is for music during games or photoshop (low memory usage), iTunes is for whenever else.

I have Foobar on here too, but it's a pain.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting The X: W-w-w-w-w-w-winamp.

IT REALLY WHIPS THE LLAMA'S ***

Posted by G-Sides

winamp. itunes and wmp eat my resources to the bone.

Posted by Kit

Windows Media Player, since it's the default for my computer. D:

Posted by Shade

iTunes. Would use Winamp, but it can't play songs bought off the iTunes store. =/

I'm actually surprised so many people use iTunes here...

Posted by Omni

I like the way Winamp let's me rip CDs into whatever format and whatever bitrate I want. :)

Posted by Crazy K

I use Windows Media Player. I'm to lazy to download anything like winamp. Plus I deleted iTunes from my computer. Once I get a new computer I'll most likely get winamp or maybe iTunes.

Posted by NegativeTrend

foobar2000 because it wins.

Posted by Ch

RealPlayer

Posted by mitchrlamb

WINamp
Although if you have a playlist going and it jumps from mp3 to a wav file, it'll struggle for a few seconds. But that's only really a problem if you're playing a game.

Posted by Hyper

Winamp for playback, WMP for ripping and occasionally burning.

Posted by Shin-Ra

iTunes is what I use (mac), but I prefer WMP over it greatly. I like the way it updates the library properly and automatically deletes duplicate files created from dead links (moving music folders). It also makes editing tag information for large amounts of grouped files easier than iTunes.

Posted by Klarth

Now I use Foobar because my iTunes had a fit.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

Itunes because i own an Ipod.

Itunes is not the greatest thing ever but its easy and straight forward. (for me at least, a lot of people just don't get anything thats computer related, but still want ipods) so its fine.

Posted by NeXidala

iTunes.

Extremely convenient. :D

Posted by Arcadios

iTunes for now.
When I get my new comp I plan on going winamp though.

Posted by NeXidala

What exactly is Winamp?

Posted by Arcadios

Another player is all.

Posted by NeXidala

Ah, so everything else is the same?

Why do some people prefer it then?

Posted by Arcadios

That's what I was asking Queen on MSN.

Dunno but I'll try it.
also post 6666.

Posted by NeXidala

Oh okay.

Maybe I'll ask her sometime then.

Posted by Omni

Double ninja'd!

No need to ask, because I'm telling you right now.

Winamp is easier to use, takes up less resources, can rip CDs into any media format, and just all around seems cooler to me than iTunes. iTunes takes forever to load sometimes, too.

Posted by NeXidala

Oh I see.

So Winamp > iTunes?

Posted by Omni

Yeah, pretty much. The only thing iTunes can do that Winamp can't is put in the album art, and I guess iTunes works better with iPods since that's why it even exists.

Posted by Arcadios

I guess.

I'LL SEE IN A MONTH.

ninga'd

Posted by Xero

I used to have Winamp, but I didn't think it was much different than Itunes. Pretty much the same to me....

Posted by Nihilus

I would die without my ipod, so obviously itunes

Posted by I Want A Sandwich

Same. Plus, I'm on a mac.

I experimented with REAL once. I regretted it. iTunes is the way to go.

You really can't say one is better than the other. I actually much prefer iTunes because, though it has messed up in the past, it does certain things better and faster than Winamp. For example, going from playlist to playlist is instantaneous on iTunes but Winamp it needs to load. It's really just down to preference.

Posted by shalini

I use Windows Media Player. media player is best.

Posted by Panic!

Windows Media Player.

Rarely, I listen to music in the Last.fm software. Rarely.

Posted by Synth2012

iTunes! It is teh best.

Posted by Old_Snake

I usually just use Windows Media Player, it does me just fine for my needs.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Winamp: because i'm lazy, and it suits my needs.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Foobar fuhtuhwuh