Some Action

Posted by Near

....This place is dead, who wants to go a few rounds?

Posted by S

Count me in. Arena or first strike?

Posted by Near

I normally don't have a preference, but I wouldn't mind First Strike this time around.

Posted by S

I'll have an arena up by tomorrow at latest, tonight at earliest.

Posted by Near

No problem.

Posted by S

A psychotic man once said that heaven and hel weren't so far apart. With a spark in his eye, he aspired to bridge this gap - to tie heaven and hel together, make them passable. A lunatic some said, but others simply called him Melchior.

And this man, this... Melchior, succeeded in his vision. Betwixt the two entities, he bound them with a bridge. No eye, human or God, could see both the beginning and end. It's unknown how long it took to create, or by what means for that matter; but it is said that, to cross this abyss, this Ginnungagap, it takes a mortal man nearly twenty-five days. Nigh fifteen meters wide, and thirty meters dense, it defies the laws of nature. But still it stands, and so it has for almost seven thousand years. And now I stand here, at the absolute center, Niflheimr to my rear and Muspellheim ahead, emblazoned into my mind.

The cool mist kisses my chest, Hel's icy fingers reaching out to beckon me back still, even after all this time. But they won't see my face for quite awhile, Hel will have to enforce her own rules for once. I've gotten quite used to my flesh again, after all. It's warm, strong, and the heart, it beats for me and only me. Flattering, really.

So forward I push, across this madman's dream, toward Muspellheim. Every stride I take echoes into the blackened sky, ungraced by the sparks of old. My boots are soft, and they land lightly on the cobble-stone floor, and the only reason I can see my footing at all is because of the glowing lamps poised in all the right places along the bridge's guarding walls.

I pass under terrific high rises every few hundred meters, each one just big enough to house two rooms on either side. Inside, food and water are stored, as well as beds for weary travellers. Of whom replenishes their stocks, I haven't a clue. To the average person, it seems a simple luxuary... but at night, if one could actually differentiate between the two here, the winds from Niflheimr are strong enough to pick even me up off my feet, and hurl me into the Ginnungagap below, to my doom.

Even after three days, however, I've yet to come across a single person. Then again, who in their right mind would want to enter Hel's realm? A question indeed, people usually only wish to escape her grasp. Though to be honest, she's quite hospitable if you get on her good side.

But it seems I've spoken too soon. Clicking my heel on the cement, I lept forward, and hit the ground hard to stop my momentum. Tilting my head to the side and quickly rolling it backward, it sounds off a crack. Running my hand through my hair (And, oh, how soft it is. I really missed my body.), I snickered. "
Whoever you are... I can feel you. You're close."

Posted by Near

I felt like going, that was my reason for coming this far into the underworld. A death angel raised by heaven herself, what better place for me to go to attract attention and bring the best fighters to their knees. I was here to test my skill against the strongest forces hell had to offer.

I hadn't gone far when I felt it, I felt someone searching for me. I could feel them just like they felt me. I came into view and in the distance I could see the outline of some figure. I tensed, my muscles tightening, I was ready....

OoC: Thats what I have for now man, I'm tired but I wanna get this thing in motion. So lets go from here and make this a good one.

Posted by S

People speak about the soul, and they claim to understand it... but if that were so, they wouldn't consider it incorporeal. The soul, like any piece of the body, must be honed to excellence, strengthened and refined. It's true that the average human is unable to see it, but they feel it under extreme pressure between two, or more, different souls. The making of love, where two people connect physically, as close as possible, so that their souls flare and touch; acts of war, where lives are placed in danger and only the man beside you can save your life - at these points, the soul is at its peak, physically radiating from the body itself; and finally, when the body fails its master and the soul is left to take its final breath. All of these times, a human is capable of feeling the soul of another with their own. For all intents and purposes, it is the original form of communication between those of sentience.

But among the few, there are men and women whose soul is too bright to be contained by their body. These people, these anomalies, are able to affect the souls of others with only a touch, and in the more extreme, by merely entering the same room. They communicate without words, an exchange of feelings and motives, everything within that moment of touch is communicated to that which we call the heart; love, hate, sadness, murderous intent.

The souls of the strong touch from a distance, and in that moment they know what to do. I draw my blade.

We shall dance, brother.[color=black] S